Chillicothe 44 Warren 43 2/11/11 Final

AJRogers13
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe @ Warren 2/11/11

Post by AJRogers13 »

wish I could have been there! sounds like it was a great game! Go CAVS! SEOAL Champs!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

chillicothe wins on raglands 3 pter

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Warren loses a heartbreaker. Ragland with a 3 from 5 feet behind the line with Venham in his face with 4 seconds left, Cunningham goes the length of the floor and misses a tough off balance shot. Great game, Great atmosphere and Great fans. Going to be a tough one to shake off but Warriors regroup and get ready for Senior night Tuesday. IT IS GREAT TO BE A WARRIOR!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

bronc21 wrote:wow.by the sound of the radio announcers, the officiating is very one sided......they made the comment of in all the years doing games, they try and call it fairly. but have never see a game called like this.....chilli players being knocked down everywhere and no calls....last i heard it was 8 fouls to 1 .....said if these officials dont start taking control its gonna get real ugly.....but its called the same way every year there....go figure...let the kids decide the game instead of 3 bumbling bozos
Hate to say I told ya so, but........I told ya so LOL :lol: Good job hanging in with the hostile crowd and expected officiating CAVS!! Great win!! And to meet another quote, I was at the game in Chilly and there was nothing wrong with the officiating there.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

buckcraze wrote:
bronc21 wrote:wow.by the sound of the radio announcers, the officiating is very one sided......they made the comment of in all the years doing games, they try and call it fairly. but have never see a game called like this.....chilli players being knocked down everywhere and no calls....last i heard it was 8 fouls to 1 .....said if these officials dont start taking control its gonna get real ugly.....but its called the same way every year there....go figure...let the kids decide the game instead of 3 bumbling bozos
Hate to say I told ya so, but........I told ya so LOL :lol: Good job hanging in with the hostile crowd and expected officiating CAVS!! Great win!! And to meet another quote, I was at the game in Chilly and there was nothing wrong with the officiating there.

Same crew tonight that did the game in Chilly. In the second half the fouls were reversed from the first half all in all the officiating was not that bad.

osubuckeyes2013
Waterboy

Post by osubuckeyes2013 »

That was not the same crew that was in Chilli just one of them did both..and in the first half
They did a horrible job but cleaned it up in the 2nd half a little bit..but huge win for the cavs down 4 with 40 seconds left in a hostile place like Warren shows something special about this team. As long as their is no slip up next Friday outright SEOAL champs

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Okay not all three but two of them were there sorry.

osubuckeyes2013
Waterboy

Actually it was one like I said I know all three of them and I wasn't trying to be smart just saying

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

All right, I guess my bad i was pretty sure two of them said before the game they did these two teams earlier in the year at Chilly. Still was a great game and these officals did a fairly good job.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Congrats to Chillicothe. I just wonder if things would've been different if Mr. Bendolph was able to play the entire year. Hmmmm...

osubuckeyes2013
Waterboy

I hate bashing officials because my dad is one but tonight was horrible the first half Chillicothe was getting hammered and nothing and Warren has nothing to do with who the refs are but they were not good at all

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

It was a great game. It's almost tournament time so everyone needs to get use to the rougher play. Warren wins if they hit their free throws at the end t put it away or at least get overtime.
Last edited by freethrow on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

ohiobaseball25 wrote:Congrats to Chillicothe. I just wonder if things would've been different if Mr. Bendolph was able to play the entire year. Hmmmm...

What do you mean by this? What does Bendolph have to do with the Warren/Chilly game or the price of bread in China?

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Jottings, The Warren JVS won 59 to 44. They just keep playing good TEAM ball and DEFENSE!!!!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Chillicothe 44 Warren 43 2/11/11 Final

Post by pfloyd »

... just got back from Barlow Vincent where the Chillicothe Cavs beat the Warren Warriors on a Jalen Ragland three ball with 5 seconds on the clock ... wow - watching two of the best defensive teams in Southern Ohio go at it for 32 minutes - it just doesn't get any better than that - a shame that there was a loser in a game like this as both teams left it all on the floor and then some ... the outcome was put in the hands of arguably the best player on the floor Jalen Ragland with the clock running down, Warren up 43-41 Mr. Ragland - who had been held scoreless for 7 minutes 55 seconds in the 4th ( this was after he put the Chilli offense on his shoulders burning the nets and Warren for all 15 Cavs points in the 3rd to give Chilli a 4 point lead going into the 4th)- Mr. Ragland got the ball in rhythm facing the basketball 5 feet beyond the arc - nothing but net - one of the only times the entire game when Ragland was able to step into his shot ... all night the Warren D had forced Ragland to shoot his outside shot while falling away from the basket or he was forced to shot off the dribble ... Ragland finished with 24 points (15 in the 3rd) to lead the Cavs to the 44-43 "W" which clinched the SEOAL Championship for Chillicothe ... Great high school game - be hard pressed to find 2 better teams in Southern Ohio ...

... Pfloyd "unofficial" Official Napkin Stats - Warren ...

Scoring ... Grant Venham 16 pts, Cunningham 12, Hastie 8, Leffingwell 5, Knost 2

3-pointers ... 5/10 ... Cunningham 2, Hastie 2, Leffingwell 1 ...

FTs - 6/9 ...

TOs ... 16

... Pfloyd imos - Warren ...

Outstanding defensive effort all night by the Warriors - have to props to Grant Venham who had the assignment of guarding Jalen Ragland - outstanding effort by Venham as he pushed Ragland into places on the floor where he had only off balance perimeter shots ... 3 qtrs of outstanding D does not a game make - as Ragland took the ball to the rim in the 3rd to come up with his breakout 15 quarter of scoring ... Cunningham? 12 quiet points (8 in the 2nd quarter) ... AC did it right as he took the ball into the paint early and often, drew the CHS big men to pick him up, AC then delivered at least 5 would be dimes to teammates in the paint only to have the ball slip thru hands resulting in TOs not points ... another great defensive effort by Hastie to go with his 8 points ... Warren WILL be a handful in the post season wouldn't be surprised to see the Blue at the Convo ...

... Pfloyd "unofficial" Official Napkin Stats - Chillicothe ...

Scoring ... Jalen Ragland 24, Manion 7, Johnson 6, Djacic 4, London 2, Corcoran 1

3-pointers ... 3/17 ... Ragland 2, Manion 1

FTs ... 7/11

TOs ... 18

... Pfloyd imo's Chillicothe ...

... tonight's game might have been won by Ragland on his last shot of the game BUT the entire complexion changed as the teams came out after intermission ... Chilli turned the D up a notch, while putting the offense in the more than capable hands of Jalen Ragland ... while Ragland took care of the O in the 3rd, 6-8 Malek London blocked anything and everything that went up in the paint by the Warriors ... one possession for WHS saw London block 4 consecutive shots in the SAME possession ... while the Warriors eventually took the lead in the 4th it was Ragland finding his rhythm in that third quarter that set up the winning 3 pointer in the 4th with 5 seconds to play in the game ...

... great game to watch - had outstanding defense by both teams, offensive fireworks from deep in Cunningham/Hastie for Warren; Ragland for Chilli ... I liked what I saw out of Grant Venham - great defensive effort, pounded the boards all night, AND came to play at the offensive end as well - can't ask a kid to do any more than that ... one of those players that doesn't realize that he CAN takeover a game offensively from the post position while cleaning the glass on the boards at both ends ... Warren will go as far in the post season as Grant Venham wants to take them ... here's to hoping GV decides that he IS a basketball player as well as that D1 football recruit - the kid got game ...

... it was great meeting up with many of the Warren seop folks at the game ... thanks for coming up to ole pfloyd to introduce yourself ... T thanks for the tickets and tee shirt! looking forward to making it back to the dome when Portsmouth comes calling next Saturday night- THAT will be another outstanding game ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks, ex-coach...Don't suppose the freshmen played Friday night, or did they?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Excoach78 ... always good to talk hoops with you my friend ... Mr. Venham DID what he needed to do for the Warriors to pick up the W but Mr. Ragland did what I said couldn't happen if Warren was going to have a chance for the W - he went off in that 3rd quarter ... those "scorers" find a way to get theirs ... Ragland fits the bill - Warren was taking away his perimeter offense so he took the ball to the rim ... Great game no matter which side of the court you sat tonight ... glad I made the trip ... see you next Saturday for the Portsmouth game coach78 ...

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Pfloyd, how right you are about Ragland.The 3rd quarter when he went into that shooters ZONE he was lights out. Hard to stop a good player in that rythmn. Grant did as good as you could ask of him. He did come to play tonight. The game was everything you could ask for and then some. The Warriors lost but the EFFORT by both teams was great. DEFENSE was outstanding, my kind of GAME. See you Friday!! Another BARN BURNER!!!!

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Jottings, no freshmen game. Looking forward to seeing you and Gahs4ever Friday.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Pfloyd, I will see you Sat. for the BARN BURNER!!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”