CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Comparing them to the Heat is a put down! lol

Rebounding, turnovers and making free throws, the 3 things that have helped teams win ball games since the game was invented will be the same things Piketon needs to do to win the game.

Chesapeake is the favorite, and rightly so. However, Piketon isnt a pushover!

Lets Go Streaks!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jimmy the Greek wrote:
Out of Bounds wrote:Piketon's game plan will be just like it has been all year. Run and gun, chase the ball. They continued to press Waverly in the Holiday Tournament which led to over half of the Tigers points in transition. You guys call it what you want, good coaching if you want. They press and press some more. Sometimes that doesn't work. If they press Peake, they lose big!
Waverly, Waverly, are we really talking about Waverly? I believe I just read that Piketon is like 60-10 in the last three years....I guess you can call it what you want? :122249 I've seen them make adjustments, depending on the opponent....(example Mifflin, Zanesville, Vinton County) those were teams they didn't and couldnt press...not sure what the game plan will be...but I'm sure adjustments will be made by the coaching staff.

earp, comparing scores from other games means nothing...tournament time... anything can happen. In this life...every dog has his day! There's something about Coach Lisath and this Redstreak program that goes beyond basketball....I wouldnt count them out...I know people on here feel like playing the Peak is like playing the Miami Heat! But they too can lose against a less talented team.
He's been complaining about Coach Lisath for however long he's been on this site. Doesn't matter what his record is the past 3 years, that guy will still find something to complain about.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Actually Coach Lisath and Piketon are 59-11 jimmy going into Saturday! Get your facts straight! lol 2 league championships, 3 sectional, 1 district and 1 regional championship in that span, not bad!

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

I think he's saying that when you have a good lead and the other team is breaking the press and leading to easy baskets, the press needs to be called off. That's what I got. There's been times that Piketon has had leads and games won only to throw up a shot and allow the other team right back into it, but to me that's more of players not understanding that the clock needs to be ran instead of scoring. I listened to 'Burgs coach after the game and he said "We're not team that can score alot, but we play solid defense and make smart decisions with the ball." Piketon has had trouble with teams that slow the game down and play half-court. Piketon just needs another to step up and help legg out, take some pressure off and open up his shot and shots for other people.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

BREAKING NEWS: After talking with many of the people in the Redstreak Nation, Piketon Village, those in the know, and just general loiterers around town, been decided that Piketon will play Saturday night and not call to forfeit or cancel.

The Chef remembers just 2 short years ago, sitting about 3 rows up near halfcourt at the Convo in the midst of hundreds of stark raving mad Redstreak fans seeing the Redstreaks defeat an undefeated and very talented North Adams team that most thought would make it to Columbus. Then lightning struck twice and the Redstreaks erased a 10 point deficit against Grandview in final minutes to pluck victory out of the jaws of defeat. The Chef is sure everyone can come up with example after example of scenarios like this. It's what makes sports so exciting.

To use another analogy based on The Chef's culinary skills and expertise. Sometimes The Chef tries different recipes and they turn out so-so. Then sometimes The Chef finds something very delicious.

With this having been said, Chesapeake looked incredible against Wellston and dined at their expense all evening. They were as advertised and looked better than they did last year when The Chef's Redstreaks played them over at Athens. Nothing negative to say about them as it was an impressive game on their part.

All The Chef knows is The Chef will be there rooting on the Redstreaks and may the "best team on that night" win.

Good luck to both teams and hope the head injureis are done because those are scary.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

NDC SOCCER gets it. Those of you that are huge Piketon fans of all people should see what he and myself are trying to say. Piketon has had the luxury of being very talented during the tenure of Mr. Lisath. But....he has never been one to make many game time, side line changes. This isn't just coming from me, this comes from players, past and present. I watch them play and it is frustrating to watch them continue to push the ball up the floor late in the game when you have an 8 point or more lead. Plus why would you press a team to speed them up? Most teams go to a full court man yes. Why? To turn the player once or twice to burn clock. SLOW HIM DOWN! Not Piketon, lets zone press and trap and if they beat us, they get a lay up! Let's not come down and run clock, let's call TWO, run Legg off an elbow ball screen, if so he can drive, or pull up or if they help in, he can kick out. It's a nice play, but Legg shot the ball the last three times down the floor under 3 minutes in the first 15 seconds of the possession WITH THE LEAD! Sorry guy's Lisath doesn't have to empress me. I just call it like have seen it since he's been there. And during that time, any coach around would have loved to have had the talent he has had on the floor!

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. His record does all the talking, it's just the players don't play smart at times. There a good team, and I'm going to use 'burg again as a example, but vs valley in the sectional burg ran the clock the whole 4th qtr, not just the last two mins. In my eyes Piketon plays like they have a shot clock, that kind of play can hurt them.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Last years and this years Peake teams reminds me alot of the Burg teams from '06 and '07 and everyone know what those two Burg teams did. They made it to the Schott both years. I look for Peake to do the same. I think the regional final will be Peake and Portsmouth and that should be a great game to watch with Peake winning by under 10. P-town can match up with them size wise and at the guard spots.

larrbird33
Waterboy

Post by larrbird33 »

wow the peak really sound good.good luck redstreaks.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I think the regional final will be Peake and Portsmouth and that should be a great game to watch with Peake winning by under 10.
I think it'll be Chesapeake-Sugarcreek Garaway in the regional final.

Portsmouth is gonna fall short in overtime against Fairland. :122249

bvarn10
Waterboy

Post by bvarn10 »

larrbird33 wrote:wow the peak really sound good.good luck redstreaks.
Haha! I know right, I think we should just give them the game since they're a lock for the final four. :122249

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Chesapeake wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:I think the regional final will be Peake and Portsmouth and that should be a great game to watch with Peake winning by under 10.

Chesapeake- If Chesapeake and Garaway keep winning, I believe that they will meet in the regional semi's, won't they?

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Some people on this thread should maybe have their meds checked or find another dealer.I'm sure your players(great young men) and coach Davis(a class act)are real proud of you right now.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just My Opinion wrote:
Chesapeake wrote:

Chesapeake- If Chesapeake and Garaway keep winning, I believe that they will meet in the regional semi's, won't they?

Yes, Chessy would play Garaway (if they both win to get to that point)and the winner of Fairland/Portsmouth will play Ironton/Wheelersburg winner.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Tobias, Perhaps Coach Lisath could enlist some of his past phs greats.Good luck PHS and Piketon from the SHL

bvarn10
Waterboy

Post by bvarn10 »

Out of Bounds wrote:NDC SOCCER gets it. Those of you that are huge Piketon fans of all people should see what he and myself are trying to say. Piketon has had the luxury of being very talented during the tenure of Mr. Lisath. But....he has never been one to make many game time, side line changes. This isn't just coming from me, this comes from players, past and present. I watch them play and it is frustrating to watch them continue to push the ball up the floor late in the game when you have an 8 point or more lead. Plus why would you press a team to speed them up? Most teams go to a full court man yes. Why? To turn the player once or twice to burn clock. SLOW HIM DOWN! Not Piketon, lets zone press and trap and if they beat us, they get a lay up! Let's not come down and run clock, let's call TWO, run Legg off an elbow ball screen, if so he can drive, or pull up or if they help in, he can kick out. It's a nice play, but Legg shot the ball the last three times down the floor under 3 minutes in the first 15 seconds of the possession WITH THE LEAD! Sorry guy's Lisath doesn't have to empress me. I just call it like have seen it since he's been there. And during that time, any coach around would have loved to have had the talent he has had on the floor!
Seems like you have something personal against Lisath. Since you're the one that is hating and having to display this on a forum, I conclude Lisath is doing something right. I doubt you're able to understand this logic though. :-D

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

wow if Karma ever had a reason to show her face it would be this game, whatever happened to humilty?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Relax guys, most of the people making silly predictions are students.

Chesapeake respects Piketon and knows they are very good program.

This will be a good game and I think people are just playing off one another right now. The more Piketon fans get fired up the more certain people start the Peake will win by 50.

All it takes is a kid being sick, or one to get in foul trouble, and things can turn real quick.

Tobias,

What's wrong, big bad SEOAL cheering for someone else? Don't want to face Chesapeake, cheer for the lower seed? Sounds like something a team in the best conference would do.

You want to be the best you better beat the best. See you in two weeks.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Just My Opinion wrote:
Chesapeake wrote:

Sorry. I wasn't sure where the New Philadelphia bracket jumped in there.

Softball_skids
Freshman Team

Post by Softball_skids »

Wow this is a hot topic....Just by reading the posts PIKETON should just go to BW's with me and the FAM...I read a post where someone was questioning Coach L's "game time, sideline changes" (not sure exactly what this is...I see the kids walk to the sideline many times throughout the game and a lot of kids come in and go out?)..speculation is that if you prepare the kids for the game you don't have to make a lot of these decisions....Talent..well you are RIGHT... Norm couldn't take a bunch of freshman to the state title...he drafted from jackson etc...Fact is the game will be played and there will be a winner and a loser, but for the seniors that have had such an awesome experience at PIKETON, myself as a fan will always remember the Schott!!!! GO STREAKS!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”