Piketon vs. Valley

theuglytruth
Varsity

Re: Piketon vs. Valley

Post by theuglytruth »

i had no clue Valley only had one senior. Thats impressive. Is he a big time contributor?

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

theuglytruth wrote:i had no clue Valley only had one senior. Thats impressive. Is he a big time contributor?
Yes he is 6'3 starts , avgs 8 to 10 per game and usually takes tough defensive assignment and rbounds well ...strong and quick

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

The way Valley is playing right now I dont think Piketon has played any team yet this year like they are going to play Saturday night I see Valley giving Piketon several matchup problems and I think their to physical and their bench is to deep.After seeing Piketons schedule I dont think there is a team as tough as Minford on it.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef is finally enjoying the banter. Getting a little testy. Its tournament time! Go Streaks!

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Here4Fun wrote:The way Valley is playing right now I dont think Piketon has played any team yet this year like they are going to play Saturday night I see Valley giving Piketon several matchup problems and I think their to physical and their bench is to deep.After seeing Piketons schedule I dont think there is a team as tough as Minford on it.
I couldn't help but laugh at this!!!!

Coach Coreno
Waterboy

Post by Coach Coreno »

Piketon 69 Valley 59 .................

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

KrAm wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:The way Valley is playing right now I dont think Piketon has played any team yet this year like they are going to play Saturday night I see Valley giving Piketon several matchup problems and I think their to physical and their bench is to deep.After seeing Piketons schedule I dont think there is a team as tough as Minford on it.
I couldn't help but laugh at this!!!!
Here for fun- You do realize you were on that schedule dont you? I definately dont see the matchup problems your talking about. The Senior Leadership, and a few visits to the convo will help Piketon get past Valley. But, like I said before this team (Valley) might get beat on Saturday but they will definately be back for several years to come. Should be a good game. Piketon adjusts to the Convo quicker, and goes on to win. Good luck to both.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Dude...do you know what you're saying? Piketon beat Valley @ Valley who beat Minford twice...right? Minford split with Chesapeake who lost to Fairland who Piketon beat by 30....We can argue schedule's all day...right now, they mean nothing! I don't see one matchup problem. Yes... Dunn had his way the first game, but J. Farmer got two early fouls and had to sit....Piketon went small...which forced Dunn to guard Colten Williams and he scored 21 points.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley fans....might as well stay home and listen to VSN because apparently the Indians arent even worth of being on the same floor.

Good Luck to Piketon in the state title game.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

This game is going to be alot of fun, Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Coop, put the violin down no one is buying that bleeding heart sob story of poor underdog Valley! lol Dont read too much into some of these posters, I only recognize a handful as Piketon faithful, and everyone in the Village knows there are no easy games at the Convo! Lets Go Streaks~!

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

As a neutral observer, I can not wait for this game! Saturday is a dream come true for high school basketball lovers. After looking at the schedule, I believe this will be the cream of the crop. Having watched Piketon 3 times and Valley 6 or 7 times, both groups will have match up trouble. Dunn will be a problem for the Streaks, but are the Indians going to focus on Farmer or Moore? I think the Howard boy could match up with one or the other but Valley would struggle with the other. Regardless of J Farmer getting in foul trouble, he had a hard time with Dunn last time. Dunn is playing at a high level right now and the West kid has been shooting it well enough to keep teams from doubling. I think Brabson and Rolfe will be an interesting matchup also. I think Brewster and Flowers will be the wild cards because both team's main guys should get theirs. The team that has a 3rd guy step up for 8-12 points will win this one. What I do know, is I can't wait for Saturday!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

No sob story...

six pack of cold hard facts!

Go back and read it.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Coop- I will say this, I wouldnt be a bit surprised if Valley won. Im just saying that the leadership counts for something, and Valley is gonna have a ton of it after this year. Dont expect Piketon to win the State, but I think they get by this time. I dont expect Valley to lay down either.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Facts, I guess if the posts were reversed and several people were picking Valley to win by 14 or so points you would expect Piketon posters to cry foul? lol I dont make predictions on here, I dont like eating crow! Lets Go Streaks~!

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

What is the date of the Piketon vs. Minford game?

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

[quote="Dr_Know"]As a neutral observer, I can not wait for this game! Saturday is a dream come true for high school basketball lovers. After looking at the schedule, I believe this will be the cream of the crop. Having watched Piketon 3 times and Valley 6 or 7 times, both groups will have match up trouble. Dunn will be a problem for the Streaks, but are the Indians going to focus on Farmer or Moore? I think the Howard boy could match up with one or the other but Valley would struggle with the other. Regardless of J Farmer getting in foul trouble, he had a hard time with Dunn last time. Dunn is playing at a high level right now and the West kid has been shooting it well enough to keep teams from doubling. I think Brabson and Rolfe will be an interesting matchup also. I think Brewster and Flowers will be the wild cards because both team's main guys should get theirs. The team that has a 3rd guy step up for 8-12 points will win this one. What I do know, is I can't wait for Saturday![/quote

how big is Moore i did not get to see the first game .....Valley can bring 6'2 off the bench in Ryan Brown and the baker kid is pretty good defender also .....Valley can put any one of five different defenders on the point and the 2 spot .....Howard, rolfe ,brown, shope, clark-holbrook ...the rotation has been working pretty good ....the length out front sure frustrated JPW from waverly alot ....and i agree with the brewster / flowers match up ....some body has to get an extra 10 and hit the free throws

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

Good luck Indians. Represent the SOC! Bryan Rolfe is probably the best freshman in the league and may create problems for the Redstreaks. I'll say Valley in a nailbiter.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

IndianFan4life wrote:Coop- I will say this, I wouldnt be a bit surprised if Valley won. Im just saying that the leadership counts for something, and Valley is gonna have a ton of it after this year. Dont expect Piketon to win the State, but I think they get by this time. I dont expect Valley to lay down either.
Minford vs Piketon is the state title game

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

eagles73 wrote:Facts, I guess if the posts were reversed and several people were picking Valley to win by 14 or so points you would expect Piketon posters to cry foul? lol I dont make predictions on here, I dont like eating crow! Lets Go Streaks~!
Obviously, you've been around here long enough to know when someone is just having fun, however....it's posts like PHS75 that'll fire a team up.

I expect a great game...

Return to “Boys Basketball”