Athens @ VC 1/23

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Re: Athens @ VC 1/23

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Deez Nutz wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm
Allthewayup11 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:45 pm
Orestes' wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 am

Yes let the players decide. Let them decide what offense and defense to run too. Let them decide if they have practice or not. Maybe next time someone will quit and then try to come back and a player or two won't like him. Sorry buddy, two players voted no so have a nice life. :lol:
I hate reading trash like this.

Orestes, you must be a professional athlete and perfectionist on the court. Must have scored 1000 points in your HS career and 5K in college and 20K in the pros. From now on, we should listen to you as the Gold standard of comments!

Most of these kids are friends off the court, on the football field and beyond. If you can't support your friends, whether they made a mistake or not, how can you call yourself a friend much less a student/athlete. A student Athlete wants the best on the court with him/her. Just maybe this kid had to focus some on college recruiting for another sport, attend some non-basketball related personal activities, or focus on the end of semester for school to put himself in the best position grades wise. And now, just maybe he decided he didn't want to regret his decision to finish his HS career without playing ball with his friends. No matter the scenario, he has been supportive since his return, the team is supporting his return, he understood he will have to earn back playing time, and win or lose, play or not play, he is part of the team.
And now we know who the mom of the kid who quit is. :lol:
Good try, but not even close! I assure you. How bout a Realist? That would be a better title for me.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Over/under people getting thrown out of the JV game is set at .5

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Orestes' wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 am
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 am The decision was put on the players shoulders, if all of them wanted him back (100% vote) then he was allowed. In the midst of a roller coaster season, it's the one thing they've done collectively as a team - so im on board with it.
Yes let the players decide. Let them decide what offense and defense to run too. Let them decide if they have practice or not. Maybe next time someone will quit and then try to come back and a player or two won't like him. Sorry buddy, two players voted no so have a nice life. :lol:

Orestes, you must be a professional athlete and perfectionist on the court. Must have scored 1000 points in your HS career and 5K in college and 20K in the pros. From now on, we should listen to you as the Gold standard of comments!

Most of these kids are friends off the court, on the football field and beyond. If you can't support your friends, whether they made a mistake or not, how can you call yourself a friend much less a student/athlete. A student Athlete wants the best on the court with him/her. Just maybe this kid had to focus some on college recruiting for another sport, attend some non-basketball related personal activities, or focus on the end of semester for school to put himself in the best position grades wise. And now, just maybe he decided he didn't want to regret his decision to finish his HS career without playing ball with his friends. No matter the scenario, he has been supportive since his return, the team is supporting his return, he understood he will have to earn back playing time, and win or lose, play or not play, he is part of the team.
Well said, and I think there are people that may not be aware of the injuries this young man has been fighting. He hurt his ankle bad in Summer camp for basketball then had to play through that in football and he comes back for basketball and gets hurt in the 1st or 2nd game. I am under the impression that he just needed to get healthy.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:58 pm Over/under people getting thrown out of the JV game is set at .5
:lol:

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:56 pm
Deez Nutz wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

And now we know who the mom of the kid who quit is. :lol:
Good try, but not even close! I assure you. How bout a Realist? That would be a better title for me.
You sure keep it real, I'll give you that. :lol:

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
Ski83
Riding the Bench

Post by Ski83 »

VC 9 Athens 9 after 1

Ski83
Riding the Bench

Post by Ski83 »

Athens 34 VC 20 at the half!! Don't think Athens missed a shot that quarter. VC cold from the free throw line and everywhere else.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sure.

Ski83
Riding the Bench

Post by Ski83 »

Athens 44 VC 34 after 3

Ski83
Riding the Bench

Post by Ski83 »

Athens 44 VC 40 6:15 left

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Athens 54
VC. 51
Final

Ski83
Riding the Bench

Post by Ski83 »

Athens 54 VC 51 final. Speakman missed a shot with 5 seconds left that would have given the Vikings the lead. Key in this game was missed free throws by VC!!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Come on now. You Have to give some credit to Athens here. This game was controlled by them after the 9-9 score in the 1st. Up 34-20 at half. I will also give credit to the Vikings playing tenacious Defense in the 4th. Athens panicked with the big lead and started turning the ball over down the stretch in the 4th. They will learn from that. This was a huge game for them tonight, maybe a turning point. The whole team played well but ISIAH BUTCHER was SPECTACULAR!!! There was no answer for him, I will be interested to see his stat line but I bet he scored close to 30 with some 3s in there. Honestly this should of been a Double Digit win for Athens-But I will take it!!! Bulldogs were all business from the start.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm Come on now. You Have to give some credit to Athens here. This game was controlled by them after the 9-9 score in the 1st. Up 34-20 at half. I will also give credit to the Vikings playing tenacious Defense in the 4th. Athens panicked with the big lead and started turning the ball over down the stretch in the 4th. They will learn from that. This was a huge game for them tonight, maybe a turning point. The whole team played well but ISIAH BUTCHER was SPECTACULAR!!! There was no answer for him, I will be interested to see his stat line but I bet he scored close to 30 with some 3s in there. Honestly this should of been a Double Digit win for Athens-But I will take it!!! Bulldogs were all business from the start.
Dickleman play?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Yeah VC had no answer for Athens post play. Probably should have won by 10+ but I'll take any type of win

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Yeah Dickleman did play

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 9 25 10 10 - 54
Vinton 9 11 14 17 - 51

Vinton County
Speakman 18 (10 in the 4th Q)
Nevan Yates - 4
Naylan Yates - 9
Damron - 11
Hammon - 7
Griffith - 2 (first game back) 6 rebounds

Athens
Williams - 2
Chubb - 2
Maxfield - 10
Hines - 10 (10 rebounds)
Saltzmen - 7
Dickleman - 2
Butcher - 21 (three trey's, 7 rebounds)

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

And the Dogs played w/o Dalton Cozart.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Ed Ott wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:17 pm Athens going to show everyone they are building steam for the tournament. I bet Athens size and athletes all but shuts down Yates. Guessing they hold him under a dozen points.

Athens 75
Vinton County 61
8-)

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:23 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:17 pm Athens going to show everyone they are building steam for the tournament. I bet Athens size and athletes all but shuts down Yates. Guessing they hold him under a dozen points.

Athens 75
Vinton County 61
8-)
Good call. I think you and I and maybe one other on this thread had any faith in the Bulldogs in this one. Everyone calling for a Double Digit beat down by the Vikings. Last 2 games these Bulldogs are really playing as a Team. Making the extra passes-looking for good shots, great point distribution and solid DEFENSE!!! One drawback was The last few minutes-it was really ugly for the Dogs, sloppy passes, they need to clean that up and get use to the intense pressure.

Return to “Boys Basketball”