"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
CatFoodFlambe
Waterboy

Re: Saturday 12/7, games and scores.

Post by CatFoodFlambe »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:00 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:36 pm
beaverlover wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:02 am Eastern Pike @ Columbus International
Not sure I’ve heard of that school
Columbus Int’l is... the equivalent of a fifth place finisher in the SOC 1. It’s a Columbus public school, but for a wide variety of reasons it’s destined to put out a product that’s simply not impressive. Not at all a slant toward a very proud and consistently tough Eastern Pike, just stating the facts.
International is in the old Columbus North High School a couple of miles north of TOSU (Bishop Watterson plays their home football games there, since CI doesn't play football). It's a specialty high school offering an intensive International Studies program, language immersion, etc, but their primary purpose is to ease older students coming to the USA into the US educational system until they can comfortably function on their own in terms of language and responsibilities. Some of the kids have routinely seen things in their lives that I hope I never has to see in my life.

To say the athletic talent pool is severely limited would be an understatement - their girl's team lost to Columbus Africentric 118-3 last week.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mattash wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:42 pm West Jefferson v Westfall
?
Postponed due to West Jefferson’s playoff run. No makeup date announced yet.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

CatFoodFlambe wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Columbus Int’l is... the equivalent of a fifth place finisher in the SOC 1. It’s a Columbus public school, but for a wide variety of reasons it’s destined to put out a product that’s simply not impressive. Not at all a slant toward a very proud and consistently tough Eastern Pike, just stating the facts.
International is in the old Columbus North High School a couple of miles north of TOSU (Bishop Watterson plays their home football games there, since CI doesn't play football). It's a specialty high school offering an intensive International Studies program, language immersion, etc, but their primary purpose is to ease older students coming to the USA into the US educational system until they can comfortably function on their own in terms of language and responsibilities. Some of the kids have routinely seen things in their lives that I hope I never has to see in my life.

To say the athletic talent pool is severely limited would be an understatement - their girl's team lost to Columbus Africentric 118-3 last week.
Yep. International has no potential to grow athletically as long as they’re in the City League. At least hoops-wise. They used to have some nice soccer teams; unsure if they still do or not. The design of the school basically discourages any interest of basketball-minded youngsters to enroll in and play.

(FWIW, Watterson doesn’t play there any more for football. Columbus City Schools chose to stop their leasing agreement with BW this summer.)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

CatFoodFlambe wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Africentric should be ashamed for even scheduling a game like this, I should say that I'm not surprised though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”