D2 District Semifinal 3/4: Unioto (15-5) at Logan Elm (16-1)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: D2 District Semifinal 3/4: Unioto (15-5) at Logan Elm (16-1)

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:35 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:07 pm 2 really good Isaac’s are going head to head
The better Isaac won tonight
I should have said Congrats to Isaac's dad tonight also.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:51 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:35 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:07 pm 2 really good Isaac’s are going head to head
The better Isaac won tonight
I should have said Congrats to Isaac's dad tonight also.
I cheered hard tonight. Now I’m drinking hard

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to Unioto. Big win by Hoops. I called him out and he stepped it up. Unioto kids were ready and executed.

Great season by Logan Elm and some great careers.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The emergence of Branson has been huge for Unioto.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:25 am The emergence of Branson has been huge for Unioto.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s funny how things work out. I think Little not being healthy cost us the league championship, but it’s also forced other kids into bigger roles on the team and we are better for it now. He’s been our best player on most nights during the last month and I have no qualms saying it. Little is still at the top of everyone’s scouting list which is giving Branson more breathing room to work but if teams don’t start paying more attention to him he’s gonna keep having those nights. Couldn’t be more happy for Desean Branson

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

mlittle wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:39 am
se-alum wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:25 am The emergence of Branson has been huge for Unioto.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s funny how things work out. I think Little not being healthy cost us the league championship, but it’s also forced other kids into bigger roles on the team and we are better for it now. He’s been our best player on most nights during the last month and I have no qualms saying it. Little is still at the top of everyone’s scouting list which is giving Branson more breathing room to work but if teams don’t start paying more attention to him he’s gonna keep having those nights. Couldn’t be more happy for Desean Branson
Best thing about Branson, he creates his own offense off his defense. You don't have to run plays for him to make an impact offensively.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:39 am
Best thing about Branson, he creates his own offense off his defense. You don't have to run plays for him to make an impact offensively.
He worked so hard last night on defense he deserves it. He deserves everything he gets. Comes off the bench and gives us what he does, it’s amazing. Never complains, just keeps his head down and plays.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congratulations to Unioto on the win. Tough matchup for Logan Elm with their length, and Unioto played amazing defense. The Branson kid was exceptional and made a big difference. No. 11 wasn't too bad, either. ;) Was able to congratulate and say hi to Coach Hoops after the game. Always nice to see Matt.

Tough night for the Braves. Their top four shooters all shot over 40 percent from three this season and Unioto held LE to 0 of 16 from three. Lot of shots were short.

Interesting thing is Logan Elm won district last year as a seventh-seed and Unioto is obviously a seven this year. Both teams had a bad loss going into the tournament that seemed to be a reality check and led to them cranking up their game a couple of notches. Good luck to Unioto against Gallipolis tomorrow night.

Logan Elm loses a great senior class (Isaac Ward, Gabe Chalfin, Jason Sailor, Jeremy Wietelmann, Trace Smith, Xavier Kellough and David Harden) that won district last year (undefeated in the tournament) and won the MSL this season. Very good young men who will go on and be successful in life. Looking forward to seeing the mantle pass to players like Tanner Holbert and Braylen Baker.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 pm Congratulations to Unioto on the win. Tough matchup for Logan Elm with their length, and Unioto played amazing defense. The Branson kid was exceptional and made a big difference. No. 11 wasn't too bad, either. ;) Was able to congratulate and say hi to Coach Hoops after the game. Always nice to see Matt.

Tough night for the Braves. Their top four shooters all shot over 40 percent from three this season and Unioto held LE to 0 of 16 from three. Lot of shots were short.

Interesting thing is Logan Elm won district last year as a seventh-seed and Unioto is obviously a seven this year. Both teams had a bad loss going into the tournament that seemed to be a reality check and led to them cranking up their game a couple of notches. Good luck to Unioto against Gallipolis tomorrow night.

Logan Elm loses a great senior class (Isaac Ward, Gabe Chalfin, Jason Sailor, Jeremy Wietelmann, Trace Smith, Xavier Kellough and David Harden) that won district last year (undefeated in the tournament) and won the MSL this season. Very good young men who will go on and be successful in life. Looking forward to seeing the mantle pass to players like Tanner Holbert and Braylen Baker.
I was waiting for them to get hot from 3 and it just never happened. I remember thinking at the end of 3 that they hadn’t even made 1. So I was like oh boy they’re gonna hit 8 in the 4th. We are usually good for 5-8 a game and hit 1. I’ll be honest there wasn’t a lot of room to move out there last night. There weren’t many uncontested shots taken by either team in that one. And they were definitely “letting them play” was tough to get free out there. Just a very intense high pressure physical basketball game.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:02 pm
bman wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 pm Congratulations to Unioto on the win. Tough matchup for Logan Elm with their length, and Unioto played amazing defense. The Branson kid was exceptional and made a big difference. No. 11 wasn't too bad, either. ;) Was able to congratulate and say hi to Coach Hoops after the game. Always nice to see Matt.

I was waiting for them to get hot from 3 and it just never happened. I remember thinking at the end of 3 that they hadn’t even made 1. So I was like oh boy they’re gonna hit 8 in the 4th. We are usually good for 5-8 a game and hit 1. I’ll be honest there wasn’t a lot of room to move out there last night. There weren’t many uncontested shots taken by either team in that one. And they were definitely “letting them play” was tough to get free out there. Just a very intense high pressure physical basketball game.
Obviously, first game LE hasn't hit a three this season. Usually good for 6-10 a game. Again, major props go to Unioto and good luck tomorrow night against Gallipolis.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:42 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:02 pm

Obviously, first game LE hasn't hit a three this season. Usually good for 6-10 a game. Again, major props go to Unioto and good luck tomorrow night against Gallipolis.
Thanks bman

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Unioto probably wins. Enjoy. Winner gets central district winner. That’ll be a chore. Good luck 👍

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

E High wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:51 pm Unioto probably wins. Enjoy. Winner gets central district winner. That’ll be a chore. Good luck 👍
I think de sales just upset Alder

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Don’t think that was much of an upset. 42-38. Must have been a knockdown contest.

Return to “Boys Basketball”