All State

Re: EAST DISTRICT D2

Post by E High »

That’s incredible. Philly is really good. SE beware after this win

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

E High wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:04 am That’s incredible. Philly is really good. SE beware after this win
Not easy to play at the Wigwam..they lose by 17 at NP and get the W at home. Congrats to the Warriors.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:01 am New Philly loses at Warren tonight 47-44 ...
A little surprising but you had to think Warren would get it together at some point, lot of coaching and tradition.

Tri Valley beats John Glenn by 40 plus, Meadowbrook houses West M by 20 plus killing click and subs with 4:39 left, St.C rolls Harrison Central in D2.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

BobcatQB wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:57 am
E High wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:04 am That’s incredible. Philly is really good. SE beware after this win
Not easy to play at the Wigwam..they lose by 17 at NP and get the W at home. Congrats to the Warriors.
I think you Meant the Warrior dome. Who cares. Very tough place to play

basketballlover
Waterboy

Post by basketballlover »

1 week away from the opening 2 games..... Stuebenville AT Maysville, AND Minerva AT Indian Creek. Any thoughts on either of these games?

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Caught East Liverpool in the OVAC. Finals today against St.C. The team is really nice. I think they will get through St.C. like they did today in the playoffs. St.C only hurt them with their big (Henry) and McCort who they never stopped. Henry seemed to give up after getting hounded all night by the Potters three bigs. He gave up several uncontested buckets underneath late due to fatigue or effort. McCort was much improved and is a bucket but East Liverpool has four kids who can score in volume and a steady pg. St.C just the two.
The down the road matchup could be Tri Valley and East Liverpool. This is an intriguing matchup with the potters having the size to deal with the Scotties inside. They are also all seniors. TV shoots better and finishes at the rim better though. I'll give the edge to Tri Valley but I smell an upset.
New Philadelphia would hurt the potters I think. It's a bad matchup with equal size, but New Philadelphia more mistake free and a good press. I also think the Colts can matchup with East Liverpool for the same reason. Meadowbrook not as complete as New Philadelphia but they have a player who hasn't been stopped all year.
This is shaping up to be an incredible east district with maybe five teams who could win it and 4 pretty easily.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

basketballlover wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:21 pm 1 week away from the opening 2 games..... Stuebenville AT Maysville, AND Minerva AT Indian Creek. Any thoughts on either of these games?
I'll don't know much about Minerva and Indian Creek. Base in their schedule looks like Minerva should be the favorite but let's be honest they are both Cannon fodder in this district and it's whatever team comes to play.

I've seen Maysville three times and Steubenville three times. This game is closer than it looks. Maysville lost a starter to transfer to Zanesville. Hampton was their #3 scorer. They weren't deep to begin with. This team is young and short. That being said they are super Scrappy defensively and Hayden Jarrett is imo the second best player in the MVl. He will put pressure on the basket with constant drives to the basket. He is a big thick player who can shoot the three and will make sure his team dogfights you. Steubenville is long and lean and have a legit 3 point shooter in Phaelin Hill who is also probably 6'2? They are athletic with an Ohio state football commit in the roster in Inky. The bad news is they can't handle the press, are undisciplined and easily rattled. They also have a couple guards in their rotation that Maysville will abuse. They are too small, slow and/or reckless with their possessions.
This is a really bad matchup sizewise for Maysville but...I'm still gonna take them ...because they take care of the ball, get to the line, get you in foul trouble and get in your head. Big red doesn't take care of the ball, fouls and gets in their feels. Also it's at Maysville and the calls will go for the Panthers bank on it. If Big Red got it together they are 10-12 points better. I just haven't seen it yet.

It's sad because I really think Steubenville could be solid under the right direction and be in the big 4. You just have to watch them...you will be scratching your head at some of the rotations and mistakes.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Maysville/Steubenville/ I. Valley will be amazing games. Don’t think any of them can beat meadowbrook to go to the districts. This is the best district in 7-8 years

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Riverrats wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:39 pm Caught East Liverpool in the OVAC. Finals today against St.C. The team is really nice. I think they will get through St.C. like they did today in the playoffs. St.C only hurt them with their big (Henry) and McCort who they never stopped. Henry seemed to give up after getting hounded all night by the Potters three bigs. He gave up several uncontested buckets underneath late due to fatigue or effort. McCort was much improved and is a bucket but East Liverpool has four kids who can score in volume and a steady pg. St.C just the two.
The down the road matchup could be Tri Valley and East Liverpool. This is an intriguing matchup with the potters having the size to deal with the Scotties inside. They are also all seniors. TV shoots better and finishes at the rim better though. I'll give the edge to Tri Valley but I smell an upset.
New Philadelphia would hurt the potters I think. It's a bad matchup with equal size, but New Philadelphia more mistake free and a good press. I also think the Colts can matchup with East Liverpool for the same reason. Meadowbrook not as complete as New Philadelphia but they have a player who hasn't been stopped all year.
This is shaping up to be an incredible east district with maybe five teams who could win it and 4 pretty easily.
My takeaway from watching East Liverpool vs St C yesterday is that this district is a 3 team race between New Philly, Tri-Valley, and Meadowbrook. And I think New Philly is the favorite. St C looked like they didn’t care about playing defense. East Liverpool played okay, but I guess just didn’t impress me to the level where I think they can really push Tri-Valley or New Philly.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Toughest Districts based on rank.
Toughest Districts based on rank.
So it wasn't our imagination. D2 and D4 east.

LardLadDonuts
Waterboy

Post by LardLadDonuts »

Riverrats wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:56 pm Screenshot_20220217-205029~2.png

So it wasn't our imagination. D2 and D4 east.
Very tough districts. I look for their to be several exciting grinders of games in the first round, even in the wide gap between seedings games. A few examples that stick out to me are.

Riverview vs St Clairsville
Claymont vs John Glenn
Meadowbrook vs Cambridge

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I like St. C who is struggling. JG who is struggling. Meadowbrook in a close one.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Maysville over Steubenville. Close after three. Pulled away in the 4th. Maysville 55-40 over big red. Throw this win in with the upset over Tri-Valley and we may be seeing a peaking Panther team Maysville gets Indian Valley next.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

East District D2 tournament games finals for February 19
Indian Creek 47
Minerva.44

Maysville 55
Steubenville 40

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Riverrats wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:20 pm Maysville over Steubenville. Close after three. Pulled away in the 4th. Maysville 55-40 over big red. Throw this win in with the upset over Tri-Valley and we may be seeing a peaking Panther team Maysville gets Indian Valley next.
. I like Maysville in a good one. 👍

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

E High wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:55 am
Riverrats wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:20 pm Maysville over Steubenville. Close after three. Pulled away in the 4th. Maysville 55-40 over big red. Throw this win in with the upset over Tri-Valley and we may be seeing a peaking Panther team Maysville gets Indian Valley next.
. I like Maysville in a good one. 👍
Me too

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Maysville and Indian Valley played each other the first game of the year,back in late November,with Indian Valley beating Maysville 62-52 @ IV, let's see who has improved the most since then

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

East District D2 Sectional-Semis for February 22
15-8 Maysville @ 14-7 Indian Valley
6-16 Cambridge @ 19-3 Meadowbrook
4-18 Claymont @ 12-10 John Glenn
2-20 Philo @ 15-7 New Philly
11-12 Indian Creek @ 17-5 Tri-Valley
11-9 West Holmes @ 13-9 Beaver Local
4-18 Carrollton @ 17-4 East Liverpool
11-11 River View @ 12-10 St.Clairsville

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Meadowbrook avoids the upset against Cambridge 47-44 final

Go Blue
Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Whs95fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:30 pm Meadowbrook avoids the upset against Cambridge 47-44 final
Yep. Throw out the record in this game always. I was there, colts also threw it away twice at the end to get the place crazy, cats responded with a 3 immediately. Great game.

St.C beats Riverview in OT
Indian Valley over Maysville.

Return to “Boys Basketball”