Minford vs Burg: District Semis 2022

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Minford vs Burg: District Semis

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

falcons4life wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:11 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:17 pm And down goes Mumford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Class act making fun of kids!!
Not making fun of kids. Not even sure how you can infer that from my statement. It was actually more about how most of the Falcons’ fan base sat there in shock about what they just witnessed. When it comes to “win or go home” games, Burg usually ends up the former.

Minford had a great team this year deserving of the number one seed. Plus beating Burg twice already this season, maybe they were over confident. Maybe they weren’t.🤷🏻‍♂️

Ater made a good game plan and our Pirates executed it. Congratulations on a great season Mumford and good luck to their seniors after high school. Go Burg!!!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Minford vs Burg: District Semis 2022

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500" width="500" height="648" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I'll leave it alone after this . We live in a SOFT Society. Everyone is offended by something. If I call MICHIGAN , MEATCHICKEN, am I making fun of the players? No, I just refer them to MEAT! :D

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:54 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:46 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:40 pm Low 40’s final score I’m calling it now
And if so, that definitely favors Burg.*

Burg said hold my beer.
Lol...Burg and Ater was like, “Naaaaah....we’ll keep this one in the 30s.”

Say what you want about Ater, but dude just wins with whatever talent he’s got. Probably going to get this bunch back to Regionals despite all the kids he lost to graduation and transfer. Unbelievable job by him and his players today.

Also, generally agree with what baseball16 saying, I’m offended by these softarse people always being offended!*

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:37 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:46 pm

And if so, that definitely favors Burg.*

Burg said hold my beer.

Say what you want about Ater, but dude just wins with whatever talent he’s got. Probably going to get this bunch back to Regionals despite all the kids he lost to graduation and transfer. Unbelievable job by him and his players today.

Also, generally agree with what baseball16 saying, I’m offended by these softarse people always being offended!*
Can we still refer to minford as muletown or will that offend someone?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:29 pm
falcons4life wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:11 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:17 pm And down goes Mumford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Class act making fun of kids!!
Not sure he was making "FUN" of Kids. Typical response from an oversensitive person! Minford Had a Great year. Sometimes you have games like this! Congrats to Burg
Couldn't have said it better

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Congratulation to The Burg. Had a game plan, executed well ! Hard to beat a team 3 times in one season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to Burg…..tough game for Minford

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

You just had to know the Pirates were going 5o show on the big stage, such as the tourney. I believe too many folks, kids, buy into this team is down instead of showing and your game.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Also, gotta give Minford and Coach Shoe props on a great season. Sometimes a great season can be overshadowed by a tourney exit. Minford had a tough draw in the 1v8 game as everybody knew Burg not your typical 8 seed with a healthy Clark. Minford got some real solid teams on tap next few years.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg was for sure better than an 8 seed. Losing Clark early on took away the best athlete on the floor for them and they struggled. Since he came back Burg has been clicking.

Sad he didn’t play last year because I think with him they make it to the Final Four. With the way last years team played defense and adding in an athlete like Clark who knows what might have happened.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:29 pm Burg was for sure better than an 8 seed. Losing Clark early on took away the best athlete on the floor for them and they struggled. Since he came back Burg has been clicking.

Sad he didn’t play last year because I think with him they make it to the Final Four. With the way last years team played defense and adding in an athlete like Clark who knows what might have happened.
I totally agree with you. Clark is a difference maker for them.

I’ve seen Chesapeake and Burg is the favorite. Ater doesn’t have good history against Davis who is a phenomenal coach but Chesapeake is smalllllllllll this year. Blankenship is a stud but after him they are one of the tiniest teams you’ll see. They play HARD! And are disciplined.

Burgs size and athleticism will be a problem for Peake, but Peake’s kids will in the right spots and they will take away whatever Burg’s strength is.

Should be a fun game!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:47 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:29 pm Burg was for sure better than an 8 seed. Losing Clark early on took away the best athlete on the floor for them and they struggled. Since he came back Burg has been clicking.

I’ve seen Chesapeake and Burg is the favorite. Ater doesn’t have good history against Davis who is a phenomenal coach but Chesapeake is smalllllllllll this year. Blankenship is a stud but after him they are one of the tiniest teams you’ll see. They play HARD! And are disciplined.

Burgs size and athleticism will be a problem for Peake, but Peake’s kids will in the right spots and they will take away whatever Burg’s strength is.

Should be a fun game!
Was Clark back against Jackson? I thought he was but maybe not

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:18 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:47 pm

Should be a fun game!
Was Clark back against Jackson? I thought he was but maybe not
I think he was but still not 100%

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Dont count out the Peake. In the tournament taken Ironton and Zane Trace who were both bigger and physical.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

peake71 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:08 pm Dont count out the Peake. In the tournament taken Ironton and Zane Trace who were both bigger and physical.
Should be a great game this Friday. Looking forward to it.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

JTEK wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:22 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:37 pm

Burg said hold my beer.

Can we still refer to minford as muletown or will that offend someone?
Minford old timers dropped the ball not going with naming themselves the Minford Mules.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Should be a good one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”