TVC PREVIEW Week Two

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

bassmaster;
what are you trying to say? does that have anything to do with 5 fouling out? i bet it does. if you have 10 and 5 foul out everyone played. only 1 didn't score. barcus he played the last 2-3 minutes had 2-3 rebounds but didn't shoot or score. the kids do know how to play. what is your point? if clay bolin had had 1 more foul they would have played with 4. have you been to a meigs game so you know what we're talking about?
prodigy;
i don't mean this mean but why didn't belpre keep ewing? they knew their head coach wasn't going to be renewed so why didn't ewing stay there? he definitely would know the system and the kids. from what i read in the belpre papers the parents rioted in belpre also. kinda like what's going on in meigs, right? tell us more

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I'd say that fouls and turnovers were the key to the Spartans getting the win over the Marauders.

Meigs had 32 fouls and 24 turnovers with the Spartans only having 13 fouls and 13 turnovers. It's certainly hard to win with those stats. That will give the coaches something to work on in practice. ;-)

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Ewing was at Eastern helping Caldwell last year

barnyard bobby
Waterboy

Post by barnyard bobby »

Howie Caldwell. Class act and one of my favorite coaches in the TVC. Good luck to him!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Go Get It wrote:Ewing was at Eastern helping Caldwell last year

Howie is going down to visit Coach Ewing on the Friday after Christmas. ;-)

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

stockykid wrote:prodigy;
i don't mean this mean but why didn't belpre keep ewing? they knew their head coach wasn't going to be renewed so why didn't ewing stay there? he definitely would know the system and the kids. from what i read in the belpre papers the parents rioted in belpre also. kinda like what's going on in meigs, right? tell us more

Ewing left Belpre the previous season to coach at Southern. Coach Ewing is a good coach. When he was at Belpre he got the very best out of a mediocre jv team.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Howie is a class act, this guy can coach and should be more reconized in the State as he is. I hope he does not retire soon, and stays around, At Eastern for 10 more years or so.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

stockykid....your personal vendetta against the Meigs coaches is getting really really old. You're pretending like you are some super fan who only cares about the kids. But in reality you don't care one bit. If you did, you'd quit posting all the crap that you post. Believe it or not you are causing more harm than good. The kids read this stuff whether they are supposed to or not. Then what happens? They get negative thoughts and unrealistic expectations in their heads. Then they turn on their coach and players. I ask you...how is that helping the team? How is that being a fan? It's not. YOU are hurting the team more than you say Coach Ewing and his staff is. The only people whom I've seen on here that agree with you are these mysterious new posters who make their first posts on these Meigs coach bashing threads. And they always say the exact same things as you (their grammer and typing skills are even the same). Hmmm, I wonder why?
Have I been to a Meigs game this year? No. Is it possible the things you are saying about the coaching staff are true? Sure it's entirely possible (although I highly doubt it's as bad as you make it out to be). However, like I said before you are not helping the situation at all. You are only hurting it and hurting the kids.
By the way, you can tell me to stick to Fairfield Union stuff all you want, but don't expect it to happen. While yes it is true that's where my main loyalty is at this time (my identity on this site has never been a secret...I have nothing to hide), I will always have an interest and back my alma-mater the Meigs Marauders (unless they are playing FU). I have a lot of pride in where I come from and only want the best for them in everything academically and athletically.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

are you accusing me of something AGAIN? boy you sure focus on me.
i post 1 post THIS ONE. if others are on here agreeing with me well figure it out if you teach you have a unversity degree. it is clear to most of meigs county school people( some of which i think are teachers) what is going on. it seems like bashing and if i didn't live here i would agree, but it's is all real.
the coach reads this stuff and if he can identify the kid he makes them do punishments at practice. if he can't they all do punishment laps. so no parents say anything bad. he blames the players for all mistakes during the game and wants everyone to know if they would only do what he said they would win. he wants you to know that they have NO talent. that helps the kids have confidence doesn't it. you're a coach, ever do that? i bet not. do you take it out on the kids for parents behavior? blackmail the parents by destroying the kids? i bet not. i have coached and NEVER once did anything like this. i may be decieving myself but i always felt like the kids liked me and grew a little. i tried to make the parents partners and was clear about the kids STRENTHS not ripping them down every practice. is that coaching?
you have accused me of having some sort of relationship with eric, do you know what kind of trouble he is in because of this? believe me i do not really know him except that he is a kid with character and talent. i would defend him because he has character and i would defend him because he has talent.then you would think his coach would also.
fans have a right to express their opinions especially in such a clear cut case of a coach abusing his kids. yes, it is dragging meigs basketball down. the man responsible is whom ever allows coach ewing continue as coach we are 0-5 and yet the coach has not took responsibility for any of it. read his supporters on here it's the fans, it's the players, it's the moon. but IT'S NOT HIM.
if you are a coach, and i believe you are, you know the coach is ultimately responsible for the team under him. if you can't live with that quit and let someone better do it.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

You and all of your buddies that think it is so bad need to go to the next school board meeting and quit crying about it on the internet. It won't do you any good to complain here. :roll:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

stockykid....just for the record, I NEVER accused you of doing anything at all or having any kind of relationship with any of the players. I simply said that your obsession with the Tolar boy is creepy. That is not an accusation of any sort. Just an observation.

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

From reading these crazy posts the last few weeks, it is my observation that stockykid must have a 7th grade education at best......He sure does mispell a lot of words.....

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

stockykid
Ewing left a season before Coach Stout knew his contract wasnt going to be renewed, when he did find out, he was already hired at Meigs.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

clemente ; i bet my years pay against yours that i have more college than you've had or ever will. wanna go?
frozen rope accusing me of being a students coach and obsessing on him IS SICK and illegal. if he reads this he may want more than i, which is not much. but a formal complaint against a teacher can be grounds for a liable suit. if you are what i think you are, a teacher at fairfiel union, you should know that. this is a public forum and people do read this mostly nonsense. that can be damaging to one's career. i would hope for your sake he does not feel that way.

spaceball1
Waterboy

Post by spaceball1 »

Stockykid, I don't think frozenrope said anything like that... you seem to be way off base...I think you are getting defensive for nothing. He was merely commenting on how you are always complaining about Tolar having to play a position you don't think he should play.

I think these poor kids don't know what to do... they are kids, let's leave them alone and stop posting things that are so negative. If I were playing I would be so confused about all the politics that are involved with this program, that I might not know what to do when I got on the court either.

IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN BE SUPPORTIVE FOR THESE KIDS AND STOP MAKING THEM THINK THEY DONT HAVE A PRAYER THIS SEASON?

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

space ball 1;
YES i am supportive of these kids! yes i would like to support the coach! yes you can do both! those goals do NOT have to be exclusive. ewing needs to understand he is losing his fan base. if i was him, i would pick up the phone and call some people and ask their opinions. howie caldwell could give tons of advice. i don't know him but anyone who has coached more that 5 years knows how to get the crowds on your side. i would get the boosters on my side. i would publicly take the blame on me and off my kids. losing takes on a life all its own, ask cam cameron. it is not doing these kids any good stressing out. i would call out the creeps on here who are bashing the kids. i would walk on broken glass to get the parents on my side. by march you could at least get another year.
the only one who can end this is ewing and he knows how. if he would quit or be fired at this point and time, it would be terrible to meigs basketball it would rip the community and team all apart. no one wants that except the crazies. it is like a marriage. give and take. right now neither side is giving. the question is does he want this job enough. only he know that.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

stockykid....#1) once again I'll say it...I DID NOT ACCUSE YOU OF ANYTHING!!! #2) Also, I'm not a teacher at Fairfield Union. #3) I garauntee you that Howie Caldwell couldn't care less about what the fans or anyone else thinks of him.

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

He didn't say Howie did care, he said if Ewing would ask for advice (which he won't) that Howie would give it.

Needless to say, Blaine (Alexander's coach) sat with him for at least twenty minutes after the game Friday night, and I'm sure they talked basketball, but after Ewings' showing on Saturday night, he obviously did NOT learn anything from him.

BTW Stocky can't be a teacher or a coach that you think he is. No computers in the Meigs School District are allowed to visit this site. This site has been blocked from use on a school computer. Therefore, he can't be "wasting the schools time" and sitting on this site all day.

I also find it very DISGRACEFUL out of anyone to sit on here and say that the golf coach would have a "sick obsession" with a player. Meet the golf coach before you have anything to say about him.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

pantsless what is so funny is i hate golf :lol:
in the coaches defense 1 more time only he can defuse this. the stress of all this cannot be good on anyone. spaceball, sportyspice, if you know him, give him some good advice listen to those guys who have been here. change a little you might like parents. heck from where i sit, you like YOUR parents. your dad seems like a likable guy. is he so much different from us?
jv's won there is at least something in mudville to celebrate.

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

Well stockykid I do have a master's degree....Does that count for anything?

Return to “Boys Basketball”