Oak Hill vs. River Valley @ Rio Grande

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

hey judge no response to my assessment of game?

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

No response. I think you are pretty accurate. I think the Oaks are playing really flat right now. However, one win over the Oaks does not make RV basketball gods. It was a great win for Coach Layton and his program. That is what I love about hoops; a game like this only will make you better later in the season. One loss will not make or break a good team. I think once the chemistry does come for the Oaks it is going to be bad news for the rest of the teams on their schedule. The most important thing is winning your conference and making a deep tournament run. I am not being tongue and cheek here. How does RV stack in their conference this year? I seriously do not know allot about them. :-D

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I have watched RV nearly every game for many years. They have seen a lot of talent go through the program. For several of these seasons, many gifted players have left for other programs including GA & Meigs. I wonder if the moves worked out well for them during and after high school?

Over the years, this season's team has lost several good players to GA, Meigs & OH, perhaps more than any before and it still raises this kind of debate and enjoys success. The same thing happens in football. I wonder what may have or would be happening if these kids had stayed put. I think there may be a mindset developing in the district that could make it a success both on and off the field.

Good luck to Coaches Layton, Gilmore, their players and staff. Use this season to silence the critics and stem the flow of quality students and athletes to other programs.

Return to “Boys Basketball”