Chillicothe vs. North College Hill 12/22

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

The only game mentioned on WLWT News was the Withrow game.
Darn, I'm disappointed. Maybe they'll have more extensive coverage on the early news tomorrow morning. They were pretty busy covering the Cincinnati Bearcat Bowl win and other college games tonight. I really thought there would be more mention of that line-up of high school games played at U S Bank Arena today, though.

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

Just got home from the game and I'm glad the Cavs decided to show back up in the 4th quarter. They played an excellent first then just seemed scared up until the fourth. Chambers 4 dunks in a row were nice after missing his first attempt. I thought one of the main key parts of the Cavs tonight was Ron Smith coming off the bench and playing much of the second half, he ended up with I think 10 points, he also had a VERY nice pass down to Chambers in the post. Anyways, great win by the Cavs!

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Congrats to the Cavs. Some other scores are listed below.

BTW, did anybody stay for the Dunbar game. Just wondering how they looked since Chillicothe will be playing them later this year.

Covington Catholic vs. Lexington Catholic?

St. X. 76
Winton Woods 40

Ryle, KY 28
Moeller 51

Grady Vs. La Salle?

Withrow 66
American Christian 71

Taft 60
Dayton Dunbar 66

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

blue lagoon, i agree...zanesville is improved since last year. people will realize that as the year goes on

I Attended the game tonight and i couldnt be more proud of the Chillicothe team. they came out on fire, ran into adversity and found themselves in a hole, and fought through it and absolutely dominated late in the game to get the win.

Humpty was absolutely unbelievable in the first quarter. 4 three pointers, a couple of which coming from behind the NBA line, setting up teammates, and like Hitchbone said, he didn't force anything all night. when the shots were there he knocked them down, the rest of the night he got everyone else involved. NCH spent alot of defensive energy on slowing him after that huge first quarter and the rest of the kids stepped up and did their part. i thought Ron Smith and Seth Dawes were awesome on the glass tonight. Ray Chambers had foul trouble but they kept Chilli in the game until he was able to return in the 4th quarter. and return he did!!!!

here is how a 4 minute spurt went in the 4th quarter for Chilli:

Chambers missed dunk
Hitchens assist to Chambers for a dunk
Hitchens assist to Chambers for a dunk and the foul for the AND 1
Chambers dunk
Hitchens assist to Chambers for a reverse slam!!!

Chilli really showed some poise and their defense was great in the 4th quarter. Rebounding was great all night. and like i said I couldn't be more proud of these kids. everyone had a part in this victory. Hump showed great unselfishness in not forcing things when they tried to take him out of the game, and probably had 10 assists on the night, Ray was great on the boards and ended up with 29 pts and really lifted chillicothe emotionally in the 4th with all those dunks. Caleb Knights was his usual solid self who frustrated NCH defensively, Stu came up big in the final quarter when it mattered, Seth played very much within himself and executed when he got an open look, and Ron Smith continues to be johnny on the spot, key buckets at times we needed a score. he's always in the right position at the right time. he's really progressing nicely.

Chilli showed they are starting to put it all together and they are a serious threat in D2. This team is already experienced but with confidence of pulling out of situations with such an emphatic finish will only further their progression. Way to go Cavs!!

NCH is an awesome D3 team. I've got them penciled in to make it to the title game in my bracket thats for sure! NCH vs. Cleveland VASJ, you heard it here first!

Bobcat thunder- i stuck around to watch Dunbar/Taft and honestly i feel good about chillicothe's chances. our key will be our guards. we should totally out play them in the backcourt, but also we have to compensate for Benson down low and their offensive rebounding is relentless. Personally, and this might be the only year i could ever say this, i think Chilli could be best suited to pressure the Dunbar guards and create turnovers and score off those. they struggled with the defensive quickness of the Taft guards tonight and Chilli can D up as well as any team around esp on guards. If we can get Ray to remotely cancel out Benson the Cavs could very well take this one home. I'm not putting anything past Chilli after the heart and determination they showed tonight. Dunbar should still be the favorite in that matchup but i feel much better about Chilli's chances after seeing Dunbar tonight.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

If you build it, they will come

Return to “Boys Basketball”