Meigs @ Belpre 1/18

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

fasteach wrote:fed hoc vs. meigs was a blow out just in case you did not see that. i would hope meigs would play them again.

Blowout? 8 points is a blowout?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I guess that some folk's measure of victory is different than the masses, GW. Come on, let's think about this....

1-3 point victory - "A sound win"

4-6 point victory - "Outmatched Opponents"

7-10 point victory - "A blowout win"

11+ point victory - "A massacre". "Katy, bar the door, they are not worthy of being on the floor with our team"..........

I see this paradigm from a number of angles.....

UMMM

Take your Meds

Don't drink before you post, or

Don't sm*** before you post.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

when you are expected to lose by alot and you win by 8 that is a blow out. at that time meigs was not considered good at all and most of you predicted a blow out only the other way so yes call it a blow out or an upset what ever.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

cpt jack cameron has been on the jv's check their box scores. meigs got hammered by grades. they lost their 2 points to bad grades. they played belpre with the team basically all sick with the flu.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

you might remember steely dan vinton beat us by alot and where down right upset with their coaches for not playing the starters more. one teams typical win is anothers blow out. this is to a southern's fans comments. southern plays great one game and terrible the next. do not know why, but they do. they can be really good and then they can be really bad.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

If your convoluted logic seems rationale in your mind, keep with it, as long as it works for you :shock:

You are more than likely the only person on this entire forum who would consider an eight point win a "blowout".

You have your own supporters on here saying that they wouldn't want to have to play Fed Hock again, anywhere. Take your win and be happy with it.

I wish your team well throughout the remainder of the season. AMF.......

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

here is my logic.
southern plays hot and cold on a weekly basis. they beat us, and we beat fed hoc. it would be logical then that they could handle fed hoc would it not? then they got cleaned bt fed hoc. why? i don't know that is just southern. they are a dangerous team but only sometimes. i would not want to play southern again. as for fed hoc, we already argued this one out. they also seem to blow hot and cold. when they played us they looked tired and hurt. they had some quality wins which frankly i took to show they would beat us as we had not had a quality win in roughly 2 years. we won by 8 but the score was never in question. when that happens and you are expected to lose by 20+ well do the math. i do not want to start anything with a team we will not play for a year, but really fed hoc should have won going away.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Comparing performances against common opponents is not a sound measuring stick.

Bottom line >>>>>>>>Fed Hock played their worst game of the year against the Mauraders.

As I said, take your win and enjoy it.

Don't inflate your win with inflammatory adjectives like "blowout", because it was not a "blowout". A 50 point win is a blowout, in the minds of most rationale adults :roll:

SMF........

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

ok, blow out is blown out.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

fasteach wrote:ok, blow out is blown out.

No comprendo?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

just saying it was overstated did not mean to upset anybody. if you are mad sorry. not harm meant, nothing implied nothing underhanded meant. i hope fed hock wins the state, the only thing that i would be upset with them about is those bleachers too high

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

fasteach wrote:ok, blow out is blown out.

First of all, FH did not play well.

Second, FH had two starters out of the game. They are two starters who often score anywhere from 14 to 20+ points per game.

Think about this, against Waterford (a very big game) FH was healthy. They played a total of 7 players against the Wildcats. The 7th player played for less than a minute. So, imagine losing two starters from that rotation.

Still, FH has managed to beat Eastern, Southern, Alexander, and NY with those injuries. One hiccup against Meigs is not overly surprising, considering all the factors involved. If FH can keep from dropping a league game due to injuries, the injuries may be a blessing in disguise. It forced guys to score more than they usually do, and it gave valuable playing time, confidence, and experience to that #7 guy. If you ask me, that 7th man in the rotation looked much improved the last time I saw him. He is coming on.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

all i meant to say was that southern is either a very good team or a very bad team depending on their mood. they are the wildest team to predict i have seen. good southern, when their outside shooting is falling and they play defence, is hard to beat. bad southern , just the opp, could not beat a good jv team. i can not figure them out.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

fasteach wrote:all i meant to say was that southern is either a very good team or a very bad team depending on their mood. they are the wildest team to predict i have seen. good southern, when their outside shooting is falling and they play defence, is hard to beat. bad southern , just the opp, could not beat a good jv team. i can not figure them out.

Sounds kinda like Meigs.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

not really, meigs started bad, but they seem to have found themselves. they even weathered losing 3 key players. do not know if it continues we will see a test tuesday against a really good wahama team. they are tough and looking for revenge. send support to meigs. we are going to need all the help we can get.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I for one will be certainly pulling for Meigs over Wahama. I'm sure Steely Dan and Captain Jack are too...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

GW -

Right up on the front of my radar screen, that is for sure!!!!!!

spaceball1
Waterboy

Post by spaceball1 »

Congrats to Belpre and Meigs. Great game! Meigs just keeps overcoming their adversity (they have had plenty of it this year). Congrats to Cameron Bolin for his 1st start as a varsity player. I will admit I was alittle nervous for him, but he took control of the game and played very well. Keep up the good work. Now lets go out Tuesday night, Take care of the ball and beat Wahama again! GO MEIGS!

Return to “Boys Basketball”