Portsmouth Basketball 2009-10

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth Basketball 2009-10

Post by biggdowgg »

did not make it to the scrimmage , sounds like it went very well for everyone.

I was told that Piketon looked great again this year,and Portsmouth fans wish them and Lisaths staff the best this season.

sounds like they took pretty good care of everyone while they was down.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Thanks for the info about the scrimmage.......I missed it due to work.........

I did get to talk to Coach Collins later that evening......he was very upbeat about the Trojans' first scrimmage.........he said that we had some things to work on, but overall he was pleased, and I am very encouraged after talking to him.........good to hear Coach Kelley say that we played HARD.......something that has been lacking for quite a while. I know from watching practice that Coach Collins has strongly emphasized that our kids must play HARD.......and the message seems to be getting through.......it will make a difference this season in a positive way.

I thought going into his first season that the biggest challenge for Coach Collins was to change the mindset at Portsmouth........changing it to playing HARD for 4 quarters, especially on the defensive end of the court and being able to bounce back from adversity during games........and from what I have seen and heard, it appears as if this is happening........if he can get that mission accomplished, Portsmouth basketball will be back........the cupboard of athletes is rarely bare at Portsmouth.

I will see the Redstreaks play at the Zane Trace Classic vs. Hillsboro on Dec.4th.......I'm particularly interested to see how effective Caleb Southworth and Keenan Brush play since I think both will have to step up their offensive production this year, given the graduation of Cody Smith and Jordan Brabson.

I will miss the Greenup scrimmage due to work, so hopefully Tobias or someone can post some details about how we did........I know Greenup has a 6-7 junior, Tre Williams......I saw him play as a sophomore last year.

GO TROJANS!!

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Any truth to the rumour that portsmouth got a transfer from Oak Hill?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I would think its to late for any transfers, unles he did not play at Oak Hill?

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I am not sure when the cut off date is for transfers, but I would think if your parents move into the district and your old school releases you, there shouldn't be any problems before the season has started.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I think you are right, about, IF they move into the district..I dont know how all this works.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I will be there....and so will my neighbor

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

not if he moves to district

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:I will be there....and so will my neighbor

Is he going to yell at the refs...again?!?

:122245

I told him at the Belpre/Piketon scrimmage that it was just that...a scrimmage...but, he must be warming up the pipes for the regular season...

:mrgreen:

I cant do anything with him...

he told me he had a hard time keeping his focus on the game at the last scrimmage :mrgreen:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Earlier post about Tory Horne has been deleted.........
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Dave,I have heard the same thing aboiut Torey,and also 2 other plaers :122246

you going to make it to green up tommorow?

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

So who is all on the team for the varsity squad this year for phs any one know?

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

biggdowgg: I won't be able to make the Greenup scrimmage........have to work......but after this, I can make the foundation game and then the regular season games......all the Tuesday and Friday games.......we only have 3 Saturday games, and I might be able to get to those.

I am sending you a PM........

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

was the GC scrimmage last night ? results ?

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Dan, the Greenup scrimmage is tonight at 6PM........I won't go into details, but Portsmouth will be playing with less than a full squad due to some problems..........that Coach Collins is addressing.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I hate roller coaster rides :oops: :(

thanks for the INFO Dave.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Claypantherfan: I have listed the top 16 players.......varsity and JV.......on the SEOAL Thoughts and Predictions Thread.......I think it is on page 3.........

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

glad to hear Gene is takin' care of business. you take care of it now , it's not a problem later. thumbs up to coach collins.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

hey tobias --how did tre wms play ? alot of potential but not much results with him so far. so much hype about that whole class. MD

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LetsGoPSU

ono minor problem with detention...the other is OSHHA RELATED,due to legal play,"with a kid that is not on the team yet "..a lot of schools may have over looked the detention problem...hats off to coach Collins for setting an example early..and even in the game he let a couple players know that some things was not going to fly .

lovedthe way our defense played last night,I ama big fan of the press,and feel that the press is what kept us in this game ,green up is much bigger then us ,and will win a lot of games.

ManitouDan
slam dunk Williams played a great game he had to be their high scorer, he did get in to foul trouble,but played with 4 fouls through the 4th and over time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”