Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

jumparound
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

Post by jumparound »

Yea.. I was just getting ready to say the same thing...I bet we won't beat them either.....because we won't be playing them :122245 You must be talking about Eastern Reedsville

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

You know what the SOC I has a lot of good teams this year and it is hard telling who is going to come out on top. It could be any team!

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

I agree. The SOC I is loaded this year in my opinion. It could easily be any team that comes out on top.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I guess we will all find out soon, but I don't see all the hype about SV. Clay beat them easily last year at their court and lost to them at home, but Clay has a much better team this year than last. SV doesn't have the balance that Clay and Eastern has. I know a lot of teams are saying they have everybody back, but Clay has everybody plus a few new players and the Sophomores carried the team last year, so I expect them to be much stronger as juniors.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

my2cents wrote:I guess we will all find out soon, but I don't see all the hype about SV. Clay beat them easily last year at their court and lost to them at home, but Clay has a much better team this year than last. SV doesn't have the balance that Clay and Eastern has. I know a lot of teams are saying they have everybody back, but Clay has everybody plus a few new players and the Sophomores carried the team last year, so I expect them to be much stronger as juniors.

I hope you are right my2cents about SV....but I think on paper they have the best player in the league (Tibbs) and some of the most athletic kids in the SOC......Eastern split with them last season also but that was with Osborne and Helton on the floor.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

It's true that the eagles split with sv last year with Helton and Osborne, but I believe this years Eagles team will be even better than last. Nothing against those 2, they were fine players for eastern, but most of the returning players have worked really hard in the offseason to improve their abilities. Most of them have improved from last year, making this years Eagle's squad pretty tough. Someone said earlier that this is the most talent on the team since the eagles 05/06 campaign. I tend to agree with that statement, will have to wait till the season tho to see how true that is. They have a scrimmage against South Webster Sat. Looking fwd to see how they do in that.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

tripledouble wrote:It's true that the eagles split with sv last year with Helton and Osborne, but I believe this years Eagles team will be even better than last. Nothing against those 2, they were fine players for eastern, but most of the returning players have worked really hard in the offseason to improve their abilities. Most of them have improved from last year, making this years Eagle's squad pretty tough. Someone said earlier that this is the most talent on the team since the eagles 05/06 campaign. I tend to agree with that statement, will have to wait till the season tho to see how true that is. They have a scrimmage against South Webster Sat. Looking fwd to see how they do in that.

Hope you are right tripledouble and the Eagles are stronger than last season. Ihope that is the case. Still, losing any point guard (Helton) and an All-District caliber player (Osborne) will have to hurt?

As for the 2005 team comment and comparison, that seems silly to me now. Till I can see the Eagles on the floor, I will contine to wonder who will lead this team and where the offense will come from? I will be stunned if any of the players has reached Zac Alexander abilty? I hope so though! The 2005 team was something and that means this years team will have a 1000 pt scorer, good point play, and some dead eye shooters. If you are right, I will be gladly proven wrong!

Good luck Eagles!

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

this has been interesting reading material regarding this years team being as talented as the 2005/06 team---THATS QUITE A STATEMENT---lets see if the Eagles can live up to it---those are quite big shoes to fill. That years team started Zac Alexander, Eric Gullett, Adam "RED" Bond, AJ Osborne, and John Slone with a good bench that included Bryan Osborne as 6th man most of the time. If any seem to recall, it seemed as though someone different was stepping up night after night to make things happen in big ways when needed. Not to discredit Zac in any way, for he was an awesome player and has the stats to prove it, but he will also tell you that he was surrounded by very good teammates and they just made things happen together. They went 19-4, won the SOC outright and sectional tournament, not to mention other accomplishments---this team had a passion to not only play the game, but to win---they were hungry and it made a difference. Thanks to Coach Caldwell and the 2005/06 team for that exciting year!!! It was fun and exciting!!!

Now team of 2009/2010 we're ready---ARE YOU???? Lets do it. Good Luck.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

bystander wrote:this has been interesting reading material regarding this years team being as talented as the 2005/06 team---THATS QUITE A STATEMENT---lets see if the Eagles can live up to it---those are quite big shoes to fill. That years team started Zac Alexander, Eric Gullett, Adam "RED" Bond, AJ Osborne, and John Slone with a good bench that included Bryan Osborne as 6th man most of the time. If any seem to recall, it seemed as though someone different was stepping up night after night to make things happen in big ways when needed. Not to discredit Zac in any way, for he was an awesome player and has the stats to prove it, but he will also tell you that he was surrounded by very good teammates and they just made things happen together. They went 19-4, won the SOC outright and sectional tournament, not to mention other accomplishments---this team had a passion to not only play the game, but to win---they were hungry and it made a difference. Thanks to Coach Caldwell and the 2005/06 team for that exciting year!!! It was fun and exciting!!!

Now team of 2009/2010 we're ready---ARE YOU???? Lets do it. Good Luck.

Well said Bystander. The 2005 Eagles were very special. If this years team wants to be mentioned in the same breathe...they better bring it every night like it was done in 2005!
Until they accomplish something, that comparison is silly.

Good luck Eagles. Bring it every night and make your team memorable by pouring everything you got into this year! That is what Bystander means by the 2005 team's HUNGER. Are you HUNGRY? DO YOU WANT TO WIN BALL GAMES?

On a different note, has the team had any scrimmages? when do they play in the future?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

As far as scrimmages go. I wasn't able to go to any yet, but I heard that the first one didn't go that well. They played southwebster and only won a couple quarters out of 10. Both teams only avg 7-10 points a quarter. Whether you want to chalk that up to great Defense or sloppy basketball with it being the first scrimmage is up to you. It was more than likely a little combination of both. The next scrimmage was better. They played Wellston, Huntington, and Southern 2 quarters each. From what I heard the team played better as a whole. They still lost both quarters to Wellston, but beat huntington both times and split quarters with Southern. Don't have the scores, just how each quarter went. Their next scrimmage will be thurs against Trimble.

Im fond John Fond
Waterboy

Post by Im fond John Fond »

What ever happened to guys like Blake Roberts,Billy Lykins,or Zach Bapts

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Its Bobst, and their all on the JV team. I heard the eagles had another succesful scrimage last night. They played trimble and won all the quarters. This was without one of the starters Lawhorn, who is out with an ankle injury. Not sure when he's suppose to be back. Also not sure how good trimble is suppose to be this year, so hard to read anything from this scrimmage right now. They play West this sat. Clay already scrimmaged them winning most the quarters, but I believe a west posters said that west had tallied a total of 2 more points than clay overall. It will be interesting to see how eastern plays against west, compared to clay.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Any news on the West scrimmage? Do they have any other upcoming home scrimmages?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

I believe they won 6 of 8 quarters at west, and overall won by quite a bit. I was unable to make it, but I have heard from several people that the last few scrimmages, the freshman Chad Lands has really impressed them. They say he started a lot of quarters and will most likely be the sixth man for the eagles this year off the bench, or possibly a starter? I have yet to see him play this year, but have only heard good things. They play Valley tomorrow in a foundation game. Should be a good test for the Eagles. I seen alot of ppl have valley finishing around the middle of the pack in the socII. It will be interesting to see how the eagles do.

easternclaw
Waterboy

Post by easternclaw »

did they have all their starters when they played west or was one still injured?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Lawhorn was still out. I heard he should be back for the valley foundation game tomorrow night. This will be the first time the eagles have had all their starters since the first scrimmage.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

tripledouble wrote:Lawhorn was still out. I heard he should be back for the valley foundation game tomorrow night. This will be the first time the eagles have had all their starters since the first scrimmage.

where is the game at?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

The game was at Valley. I didn't get a chance to make it, but from what I heard, they were up at 2 at half time and were blew out in the second half. The ended up losing by double digits. Can't remember the score off the top of my head. Lawhorn was still out for this game, but either way it sounds like the eagles have ALOT of work to do. I figured this game would be a good indication to see where they were and it showed. I also heard they played man to man the first half and stayed with them and were actually up. The second half they played nothing but zone and ended up losing. My guess is coach fitch just wanted to see how each defense would work. I still believe the eagles will have a good year this year, it will just have to improve on a few things before the first game. One thing it sounds like is their zone defense. Looking forward to see how they play against Southwebster.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I am one of the biggest Eagle fans out there but I am also a realsit and losing to Valley is nothing to be ashamed of.Valley has alot back and are going to be a good ball club this season.The SOC 2 is much stronger than the SOC 1.School size has alot to do with that.Valley would be a tough opponet for anybody this season.I still see the Eagles winning 13 to 15 games this season.

See everyone at previews!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I wish I knew they were playing Valley. I could have made it. Also, I have to agree with Beaverlover...losing to Valley is nothing to hang their heads on (especially without Lawhorn). I doubt there is a single SOC1 school that would beat them. Keep your heads up Eagles and get focused. Western is just around the corner and they will definately want to beat you!

Return to “Boys Basketball”