SHL 2011-2012

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Re: SHL 2011-2012

Post by NormanDale »

Heard Justice had a badly sprained ankle and will now red shirt this season...

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Hope I can make it to the Peebles vs Manchester game both of these teams are playing great ball right now. This should be a great early season match up.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

I don't know what happened at the previews, but I can tell you WO and NA are both better than they appeared. Copas will have them ready for the season, with Sparks and Bales in the middle they should be hard to contest with ( IMO Bales will lead the league in blocks the next two seasons) so I look for alot of outside offense from the opposition. And while were singling out players there is no doubt/bar none that Travis Combs is the best player in the league and the Hounds will be very hard to handle again this year! So for now Go Devils and 12/9 Hounds by 15.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

I said sleepers, as in could sneak up on someone, just as whiteoak did against manchester last year beating them by 15.

Was just saying its hard to base much of of the preview. I seriously doubt Coach Wessner will sit in a stagnant zone against peebles and not run any offense like he did in the preview, just a hunch. North Adams is a team that could beat some people if things come together....

If you are basing things on the preview the Daniels kid looked terrible in the preview but I imagine he will be a little more productive than that.....lol

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

is there any word on how dave young is doing health wise?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

theuglytruth wrote:I said sleepers, as in could sneak up on someone, just as whiteoak did against manchester last year beating them by 15.

Was just saying its hard to base much of of the preview. I seriously doubt Coach Wessner will sit in a stagnant zone against peebles and not run any offense like he did in the preview, just a hunch. North Adams is a team that could beat some people if things come together....

If you are basing things on the preview the Daniels kid looked terrible in the preview but I imagine he will be a little more productive than that.....lol
Im pretty sure I didnt say that they would not able to upset some teams during the season. Didnt even base my observation of them on the preview. Heck, I even put Whiteoak in my top 5 teams for SEO listing on another forum. They will both be decent teams but talent wise they are right above the middle of the pack in the league this year. Earlier that afternoon Peebles played a game and a half each against a physical South Webster team and Chesapeake so I would not put much stock in the fact that he drug along and got in foul trouble at 8 o'clock after being home only an hr after playing 3 full games against teams like that. He will be just fine......and that my friend is the ugly truth. ;-)

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

the manchester game against peebles will be a hard fought physical game and a good tester for both teams early in the season

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:the manchester game against peebles will be a hard fought physical game and a good tester for both teams early in the season
I agree, should be a good game. Seems like it is every time they get together.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Just giving you a hard time, lol. I love the fact that coach Arey went out and played some nice competition this summer and in their scrimmages. I tried to follow them this summer and it looked like they were playing some nice competition. Good move on his part IMO his young players seem to be much more prepared than your average freshman and sophomores.

Return to “Boys Basketball”