Logan 2011-2012

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Re: Logan 2011-2012

Post by eaglesrock »

Chiefnation, I think what bbguru was trying to say was if they had anyone who could shoot the ball they would have had a better record. Yes, 31-9 is a good record but 33-7 is better. I have watched this junior class since they were in bitty ball and I can tell you they do not have a real threat from deep and if Miller does not play bbguru is right. Sit back in a zone or a sluffing man and take away the two post players (who are not 6'4) and Logan will struggle. I am not ragging on the kids, I am just stating fact. If anyone on here watched the jvs last year you have to admit they cannot hit on regular basis from deep.

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Post by trubbguru »

OK Lets try this again 31-9 happens to be the incoming juniors record so far in H/S bball and is a good record. But you must remember that as freshman they sent no one up to jv and finished 16-4 as jvs they went 15-5 and again sent no one up to the varsity level (Full time). The players who did see vr time played the majority of the jv min.when the game was in doubt and never seen any real var mins. until late in year. This means that they had their squad intact for all these games playing teams that had to or chose to send their best players up to the next level and their squads were not at full strength. And i have seen the jr class shooting stats who were all jv last year.Their coach gave out to all kids year end stats. Also layups out of the press are misleading as far as shooting stats go. Find out what they were behind the arc. That stat is what I meant by they cant shoot.This should open your eyes if you are and opposing coach to put in the zone. Their press will be less effective against VARSITY comp so you wont be getting all those layups. So my opinion still is if Miller doesnt play pack in the zone and wins will be hard to come by.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Logan had 5 sophs start the 2nd half vs Gallia in like mid January last year and played considerable minutes the whole season, so I dont agree with the statement that they didnt see any real varsity minutes, bc they did. Do they have any flat shooters? I think they do with the Jourdan kid. Hes been in the gym getting 100 shots per day since last spring. The McNeil kid can shoot as well, but I do agree last year you would have never known that. It was brick city.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Loganchiefsnation, so what you are saying is that Logan has plenty of 3:30 shooters and not 7:30 shooters. Meaning they can shoot great in practice but come game time they cant hit anything. I'm with bbguru until they prove they can make shots during a game I wouldn't guard anyone outside of 17 feet.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

No, dont put words in my mouth, Im not saying that at all. I dont know what they have THIS year. I agreed with what trubbguru said, the shot selection last year in the few games I saw was lackluster but they do have a couple guys who can shoot it. The game isnt just played inside the lane and outside the arch. The midrange jumper is the most over looked shot in basketball imo. And I knew what you meant with your time reference but again, I have no idea whats up as of yet for 2011. I guess they will know in about an hour. But it appears there is a nice balance of kids who can bang inside and some kids who can play out top. They need to gel both and find someone to lead that team. With only 2 projected seniors it will have to be someone.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Anyone know the scrimmage schedule?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Purple's Pre-Season schedule to include :

vs Wellston November 16 @ 5:30pm
vs Marietta/Logan Elm November 23 @ 3:30pm
vs Federal Hocking November 25 @ 10:00am

All games being played at home.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Thanks Pfloyd. Ill be around for a little preseason look.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

FLOYD -

Good to see you're still holding down the cheap seats at the Jim Gym.

Didn't make it down last season - but I'm gonna try to hit a couple games this year as long as you'll save me a seat! Sat with old '93Dog on Friday night - reminded me of the good old days of the SEOHA!

Looks like the Hoops program is ready to step up in the land of purple.

Really excited to see Coach Swinehart back involved with the program - I think he'll do an oustanding job with 8th graders. He's a great "teacher" and that can make a big difference at that age group.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Also wanted to share my grief for all of "Chieftain Nation" - especially the Hughes and Huntsberger families.

Such a tragedy for our community to have lost a Chieftain - I think we'll all remember the "Rat Pack" and to know that a group that brought Chieftain fans so much joy will never be together again breaks my heart.

Go Chiefs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it will be a difficult week for many in the Land of the Purple with the loss of again one of our own - BJ Hughes ... my thoughts and prayers go out to the Hughes/Huntsberger families for their loss ... to all of the Logan Nation as BJ was a part of the Purple Family - that he will be always ...

... pfloyd

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Whats the word on Miller. Is shooting basketball or deer?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

hint: ... MIller from behind the arc!!! - goooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!! ...

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Bet he is in real good shape seeing is how he skipped all of the fall conditioning.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

pfloyd wrote:hint: ... MIller from behind the arc!!! - goooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!! ...

That is out in the fields taking aim, BOOM!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Like was mentioned before, they better find a leader quick. A senior skipping fall conditioning isnt setting up to be a good start.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:Like was mentioned before, they better find a leader quick. A senior skipping fall conditioning isnt setting up to be a good start.
Sounds like our football problems, DISCIPLINE!

Return to “Boys Basketball”