Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

Post by smurray »

Jeep80 siad, "South Webster won't play a team this good until they get to the regionals if they can get there."

Waverly lost by 2 AT Oak Hill and was without their leading scorer (Martin) when they lost to your Jeeps. A game they could have won even without Martin.

South Webster will face a team as good as Oak Hill before the tournament.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I'm going to run my mouth. Someone needs to bust Jessy Slone across the mouth and put soap in that boys mouth. Coming into the locker at halftime he let out a pretty foul statement which if I repeated here, would get me banned 10x. If any ref was within ear shot he would have been T'd up or maybe even ejected. Quite the classy player he is. He's lucky Brett wasn't standing where he always stands, however, Bob Johnson was standing there and he took it to the scorers table...

...other than that, the Oaks shut down Websters offense and scored every trip down the floor. Jeeps can't score if they don't shoot.

Spiderman07,
spiderman07 wrote:where you at now swankey pine dont see you on here runnin your mouth! good thing oaks didnt show up tonight! how dat sound??? go oaks!!

1. My user name is Swanker Pine, not swankey.
2. I was not on here running my mouth, I was at Giovannis, just like any other night when we have a home game.
3. Looked like the Oaks showed up to me.
4. Yes, we got beat pretty good, but we'll take on Oak Hill any day of the week in a Soccer Game. Tell Sloan I said that too. He should get the reference... :twisted:

If anybody has something to say, shoot me a PM... or you could always say it to my face instead of getting on SEOPS and being an internet tough guy... coughspidermancough

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I imagine he is saying that knowing SW went into Waverly and won and just got scorched at home by Oak Hill.

JEEP
Waterboy

Post by JEEP »

Swanker Pine wrote:I'm going to run my mouth. Someone needs to bust Jessy Slone across the mouth and put soap in that boys mouth. Coming into the locker at halftime he let out a pretty foul statement which if I repeated here, would get me banned 10x. If any ref was within ear shot he would have been T'd up or maybe even ejected. Quite the classy player he is. He's lucky Brett wasn't standing where he always stands, however, Bob Johnson was standing there and he took it to the scorers table...

...other than that, the Oaks shut down Websters offense and scored every trip down the floor. Jeeps can't score if they don't shoot.

Spiderman07,
spiderman07 wrote:where you at now swankey pine dont see you on here runnin your mouth! good thing oaks didnt show up tonight! how dat sound??? go oaks!!

1. My user name is Swanker Pine, not swankey.
2. I was not on here running my mouth, I was at Giovannis, just like any other night when we have a home game.
3. Looked like the Oaks showed up to me.
4. Yes, we got beat pretty good, but we'll take on Oak Hill any day of the week in a Soccer Game. Tell Sloan I said that too. He should get the reference... :twisted:

If anybody has something to say, shoot me a PM... or you could always say it to my face instead of getting on SEOPS and being an internet tough guy... coughspidermancough

I LOVE YOU MAN :lol:

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Knew I could count on you Pine. Webster is the best D4 team in So. Ohio but tonight the Grasshopper couldn't snatch the pebble from the Masters hand. The rematch should be a doosey.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

frank-n-beans wrote:Knew I could count on you Pine. Webster is the best D4 team in So. Ohio but tonight the Grasshopper couldn't snatch the pebble from the Masters hand. The rematch should be a doosey.

Look out for Manchester and Fairfield as well. Manchester beat a good Ironton team at Ironton and Fairfield has beat Manchester twice already. The D-4 tourny is looking alittle better then I origionally thought it was going to be.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

and Whiteoak is 2-1 versus Manchester and Fairfield

They beat Fairfield @ Leesburg by 22

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

I'm sorry to all Jeep fans, but what I saw tonight was embarassing. They looked like a 1-9 team out there, not a 9-1 team. It's like they didn't know how to penetrate and work in the paint. You cannot let a team get up by 15 and expect to mount a comeback when all you do is pass around the 3 point line. If these Jeeps make it anywhere in the tournament it will be by pure luck, unless Ater and his team works on some of the basics. There is more to the games than passing it around to try to get open for a three. I believe there were only a handful of plays in the paint. I'm a Jeep fan, born and raised, but tonight was just down right embarassing. Sorry, maybe I just had my hopes too high for these Jeeps.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

SWBiddyball, was this the first time you saw the Jeeps play all year? Cuz they are NOWHERE NEAR the team they showed to be tonight. Keep in mind the Oaks are one of the top teams in the state, coached by the NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR, and a division higher this year. Granted the Jeeps haven't established that much of an inside game all year, but they don't have any "TRUE" forwards or centers to allow that to happen. The Jeeps are a team full of guards, in which they use their athleticsm and quickness to an advantage on both ends of the court. I do believe you are correct when you said you had your hopes too high in this game. I thought myself that this game would be a lot closer, but hey, I was wrong. I think the Jeeps had a bad case of jitters tonight, knowing they were up against a very tough team, and just couldn't get in sync. I wouldn't call my team's embarrassing. If we lost by 40 or 50, that might be embarrassing; 19 points isn't THAT bad. Coach Ater will get his team back on track tomorrow night at Minford*

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

Everyone who said we should have been penetrating instead of passing around the 3 point line...you are absolutley right. We wasted a good 2-3 minutes just standing around passing it nowhere, then either jacking up a 3 or turning it over. Wes Loop and Connor Scott showed signs of trying to penetrate late in the game, but in the end still settled for way too many 3's (which has been the case for most of the year, except for Scott who does a really fine job of penetrating most nights). Tonight showed our achillies heal: if the 3's aren't falling and they can stop Scott from penetrating, it's pretty much over.

I hate to say it but Oak Hill is just the better team, no way around it. I hope the Jeeps can prove me wrong, but I look for the same exact story when we travel to Oak Hill.

(Oh and Swanker Pine: No need to bring that incident to everybodies attention. The only thing your extra sarcasm will do is stir the pot. It was dealt with accordingly by the school principal.)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Lot of talk after this one...some making sense, others, well, not making much sense.

dimedrop: well said. Expectations probably were getting out of hand for the Jeeps. They are a great D4 team no doubt. But I'd say they are still behind Oak Hill and Waverly (with Martin playing) in terms of overall talent (and judging by what Valley did to them at home, probably them as well). Regardless, they have had a great season so far and I don't feel any less confident of what this team can accomplish in the postseason in D4.

can see all/jeepmadness: that's what it sounded like on the radio. Too much standing around and passing on the perimeter with little movement. Have to get the ball to the high post and break the zone down from inside-out if the shots are not falling from outside. Also can't completely abandon the dribble drive just because they are in a zone. But the Jeeps are still a relatively young team and hopefully will be better prepared next time someone slows it down on them.

SWbiddyball: Webster is still one of the better D4 teams in the area and when they get to the District Championship game (and maybe beyond) it'll be more than just because of luck. Oak Hill is ranked #7 in the state in D3. The Jeeps got smoked tonight no doubt, but to act like the whole season is a wash now because of it is a joke. I realize you are probably privy to basketball expertise beyond Coach Ater's grasp, but I think him and the boys will be just fine come tourney time.*

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

/
Last edited by UpOnTheHill on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pressbreaker
Waterboy

Post by Pressbreaker »

SWBiddyBall, I wouldn't go as far as to say this loss was embarrassing. I would never have dreamed that we would be 9-2 at this point in the season with the real possibility of picking up another 5+ wins. After stealing a couple of games that we probably shouldn't have and then winning the ones we should, the Jeeps have already made me proud this year.
As for the game itself, don't take too much away from this one simply because of the style of play tonight. Oak Hill is extremely well coached. I was impressed with their discipline on offense with their ball movement and shot selection as well as their discipline on defense in extending and moving within that zone. Webster really doesn't have anyone with the strength, quickness, or ball handling to penetrate against THAT zone. Luckily, I can't see anyone else playing such a solid zone against us for the rest of the season.
I hope the guys understand that they are capable of being knocked off by anyone, and come out ready to play and pick up two wins against Minford. Everything from this point on is icing on the cake but I would love to see a 15-5 or better season along with a deep tournament run.

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

Sounds like the mighty oaks ripped up the pine house to strong for the jeeps !!!!!!!!! good job oaks

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

First off, let me correct myself and restate that I'm not embarassed to be a Webster native, a Jeep fan, or of our South Webster Jeeps. The way that game was handled was somewhat embarassing though. Not to take away from Oak Hill's win, their STATE ranking, or anything else. The Jeeps could've and should've won that game. Oaks defense was not that impressive. What made it look like they were shutting us down was how the Jeeps just kept passing around the perimeter and not taking it to the paint. From what I've heard, on here and elsewhere, is that this is the norm for them. That being said, they will need more to progress in the tournament. I am surprised as everyone else at their record with all the changes, and hope they continue to win. If not, I will still be proud of our Jeeps. Just a little disappointed knowing the talent that is there and that gets wasted with that kind of gameplay. All said and done, GO JEEPS!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

SWBiddyBall wrote:First off, let me correct myself and restate that I'm not embarassed to be a Webster native, a Jeep fan, or of our South Webster Jeeps. The way that game was handled was somewhat embarassing though. Not to take away from Oak Hill's win, their STATE ranking, or anything else. The Jeeps could've and should've won that game. Oaks defense was not that impressive. What made it look like they were shutting us down was how the Jeeps just kept passing around the perimeter and not taking it to the paint. From what I've heard, on here and elsewhere, is that this is the norm for them. That being said, they will need more to progress in the tournament. I am surprised as everyone else at their record with all the changes, and hope they continue to win. If not, I will still be proud of our Jeeps. Just a little disappointed knowing the talent that is there and that gets wasted with that kind of gameplay. All said and done, GO JEEPS!!

I can't believe this post! South Webster should have won this game? I don't think you understand how good Oak Hill's zone is. South Webster has a good team but they are not a physical team that wants to matchup with Oak Hill's zone. They are just too long and active for South Webster to be able to do anything against it.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Not trying to flame here but the jeeps can not beat the Oaks. If you think so then you obviously were not at the game. They tried to go inside but couldn't. The OH defense was smothering them. If we played 10 times the score would be about the same. The Jeeps are a good team but aren't in Oak Hill's class this year.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

My goodness this thread has gotten embarassing!!

SOME of the Jeeps fans on this thread need to step back BIG TIME. Oak Hill won because they are more experienced and have more talent at the key positions. Nothing to be ashamed of losing to better teams. They can learn a lot from this loss and get better.
South Webster has a new coach, new system, and 2 years of neglect they have to get over. And what they have accomplished is incredible and for any Jeep fan to post how embarrased they are about the teams performance against a quality team is.. well it's embarrasing. Either get behind the kids or get another to team! They don't need that kind of support.

UpOnTheHill you're a disgrace to the many Oak Hill fans who actually have class and know how to win with dignity.
Besides being another gutless internet tough guy, you are just plain stupid for posting an address.
please tell me you have no offspring! It's better your gene-pool end with you.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Bucknut27 wrote:Not trying to flame here but the jeeps can not beat the Oaks. If you think so then you obviously were not at the game. They tried to go inside but couldn't. The OH defense was smothering them. If we played 10 times the score would be about the same. The Jeeps are a good team but aren't in Oak Hill's class this year.

That's probably a fair assessment. And the Jeeps have nothing to be ashamed of!
That doens't mean we can't get 'em at Oak Hill though! The best team doesn't always win. Upsets happen! :-D

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

SWBiddyBall wrote: Not to take away from Oak Hill's win, their STATE ranking, or anything else. The Jeeps could've and should've won that game. Oaks defense was not that impressive. What made it look like they were shutting us down was how the Jeeps just kept passing around the perimeter and not taking it to the paint.

This post actually made me laugh you get beat by 19 points and say you should have won the game? When webster tried to drive the ball on the baseline they were trapped by two of oak hills big men. none of websters players matched up with oak hill's. ondera was bigger than your post player and he's our point guard. webster looks like a team that lives and dies by the 3 pointer. defense not that impressive when we hold ya to 35 points! dont make much sense to me! we picked your guards pockets all night

Swanker Pine wrote:Jeeps in this one.. Oak Hill aint even about to come up in our house and beat us. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ..... :twisted:

SW was never ranked above 11th and they had sizable wins all the way to the Championship. rankings and polls mean nothing. I'd say they'll drop after SW beats them though.

I was there... maximum occupancy was defiantly exceeded.

anyway, tomorrow night, Scott drops 47, Loop boys combine for 69 points, Sutton throws it down 4 times with 6 1/2 blocks on the side, Wright also gets some playing time... :lol:

Oak Hill might as well stay home

Swankey if this ain't runnin your mouth before the game i don't know what is? sure the thing about the boys scorin all them points was sarcasm but your whole team didn't even score that many! :lol: considering webster didn't beat them i'd say our big state ranking that dont mean nothin will stay! and maybe webster shoulda been the ones stayin home!

Return to “Boys Basketball”