TVC-Hocking P.O.Y.??

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC-Hocking P.O.Y.??

Post by Orange and Brown »

chosen1 wrote:nobody ever gives credit to the people who make the posts look good(point guards)

Well..... Here is your chance! :122245

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Tyler Thompson FH hands down. Team of the year, Eastern. TOTY is rewarded by winning the league and give Howie credit because TOTY is the ability to take everyone you've got and make 'em a team whether a leading or supportive role; this comes through building a long-standing program. POY by performance/scoring and how can you question Thompson's 3 pt shooting ability, no body in the league can match him game in and out.

Who9Dey..........you are on the money!!

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Kid green wrote:
GreenEggle wrote: Howie will win the TVC Hocking again and should have the POY when you win it. Just cause Eastern always wins it you people dont wan them to have POY. Winning the league is first goal of all Eastern teams, second goal is individual awards. So atleast we will get the first goal for sure and should get the second one.

Dat wat da kid be sayin 2. :mrgreen:

Wait a minute. I didn't think any of you Eastern or Southern people could care less about a TVC championship :?: I guess that is only in the years when you know you can't win it. :lol:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Can't really run your mouth when Eastern is going to win it this year

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

classof86 wrote:Can't really run your mouth when Eastern is going to win it this year

Yea it is funny that now it looks like Eastern will win the league, or at least has a great chance to win it, the league is all of a sudden something important. All of the last 8 or 9 years when people said they were going to win it. When they didn't those same people claimed the league means nothing. So I guess after an 8 or 9 year dry spell you have the right to run your mouth. :lol: As for Southern, well you just wait till next year. And they will win the league in baseball, and football and go to the playoffs too. :mrgreen:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Wahama will win the league next year

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

classof86 wrote:Wahama will win the league next year

Agreed---in football at least. This Eastern team is losing a lot, but still have a lot left. I'm not counting them out of a League Championship.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Trimble will win the Hocking next year.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Bahahahahahahaha

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

I've watched them all this year and without a doubt, Tyler Thompson is the best basketball player in the TVC Hocking. Honestly, there isn't a close second.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

brokenwind wrote:I've watched them all this year and without a doubt, Tyler Thompson is the best basketball player in the TVC Hocking. Honestly, there isn't a close second.

I have to disagree with that statement. I think Thompson is one of the best players in the TVC but to say their isn't anyone close, come on. I would like to see some numbers, I would say Coppick is close in scoring avg. and a head in rebounds. I would say Winebrenner would be close. I haven't seen Trimble's big boy play yet, but what I have read he is up there in points and rebounds. Manuel and Lynch are up there in points and Reese would have to lead the TVC in assists and gets alot of rebounds. The other player from Fed Hock is a pretty good player too, I think he led them in points when we played them. So I think there are alot of good players , the teams that have 5 or 6 good players make it harder to have one player shine.

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

Again, I’ve seen them all, and I’ve seen most of them twice. Tyler Thompson is hands down the best basketball player in the TVC Hocking. Nobody has been able to slow him down offensively this year. He drains 3’s like layups. And when they come out to put pressure on him, he steps a few feet back and rains in 3’s. Defensively, I doubt anybody in the league has as many steals. And if that’s not enough, he’s also the best baseball player in the TVC. The TVC (either side) has not seen a two sport athlete comparable to Thompson since Jake Hale roamed the pastures of Albany.

A few more unbiased observations. Eastern has the best team in the Hocking and that’s a direct reflection of the best coach. Southern has the most talent from point to center and Trimble has the best big man in Guthrie. Fed Hocks Dewayne Clark is the best defender and Shawn Parsons is the most promising young gun. FH’s Ryan Rex has to be one of the top 5 juniors. Bill Porter is the best manager. And if that’s not enough, Federal Hocking has the cutest cheerleaders.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

First of all this isnt a baseball thread. Second of all I don't believe Southern has the most talent. Third of all Dewayne CLark isnt the best defender.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

C of 86. I'm going to have to disagree with you about Dewayne Clark. Ask the kids from Eastern. Who do they absolutely hate have to play against when they are on offense? I'm guessing that they will say Dewayne. ;-)

And I'd be very surprised to hear any different from the other TVC Hocking teams.

Some guys are a total hemoroid to play against. Dewayne is one of them, and I mean that as a compliment :lol:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Doesnt Federal Hocking play zone?

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Ask Thompson which player in the tvc defended him the best.

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

Charge wrote:Ask Thompson which player in the tvc defended him the best.

I'm sure he'd say Dewayne Clark, every night at practice.

Dr. Pepper
Waterboy

Post by Dr. Pepper »

Hands down, Tyler Thompson

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Sean Coppick

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Despite an ugly and embarassing loss to Waterford last night Tyler Thompson drained between 35 to 40 points. Not sure of the total but it was over 35. He carried the Lancers on his back.

He just needs his supporting cast to remember they are playing basketball. Some of them forget to show up. There are no nights off in basketball. It's up to the coaching staff to get them ready for each and every game and if they are not responding, bench 'em! Better to loose and teach a lesson than to reinforce lazy behavior.

Return to “Boys Basketball”