South Webster @ Wheelersburg 2.5.10

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: South Webster @ Wheelersburg 2.5.10

Post by soccerfix »

Swanker Pine wrote:this is the first year in the new gym right? if its not, my bad. I just made myself look foolish.

You said it.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Yea I said it. my bad ladies and gentlemen.

how many points did Stegman have tonight? that kid is straight up beast, bummed shoulder or not, I saw him working that shoulder out in warm ups before the game.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:This is also the Burg's homecoming game. I've lived in the Burg for close to 40 years and to my knowledge Burg has never lost on homecoming night in basketball during that time.

If this is accurate, then this was a HUGE win for the Jeeps tonight considering it's been that long....

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I think South Webster lost the last game ever played in Wheelersburg's old gym (2006).
And lost the First game ever played in Wheelersburg's new gym(2007).

can anyone confirm?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The JV game was pretty good too. Seth Goddard is probably the best JV player I've seen this year, he shoots 3's, drives it in, plays point guard and pulls down boards. that was big tonight considering The Jeeps Center was on crutches tonight.

Jeep80..shhh. :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

jeep80 wrote:I think South Webster lost the last game ever played in Wheelersburg's old gym (2006).
And lost the First game ever played in Wheelersburg's new gym(2007).

can anyone confirm?

the jv won 27-26 in ot and the varsity won 40-24 in the first ever game in the new gym. I can't remember the score of the final game at the old school but burg did win it to

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

40-24....ahhhhhhhhh, the Reese years. How could we forget?

Swanker: speaking of Webster jv, what kind of year are they having and who'll be ready to step up and replace Wes Loop and Trevor Queen next year?*

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

I honestly think the JV Jeeps are having a pretty solid year. They have some good quality wins and have been a part of some close games that will help them learn some valuable lessons. First off, freshman Seth Goddard will provide some good offense in replacing Loop. As far as replacing Queen, it's really a toss up. It just depends on how much these kids grow over the summer, and who wants to step up and take the role. I don't know what they feed these kids in Webster, but they ALL seem to grow at least 2 or 3 inches every year... :lol: :lol:

SW's future is looking better day by day*

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

Is Goddard #21? If so, he shoots the ball extremely well.

I thought both jv teams were very well coached & both very fundamental teams.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

dimedrop: thanks for the info. I have heard good things about Goddard and hopefully he'll be ready to contribute at the varsity level next year as Webster will need a scorer to replace Wes Loop's production.

I got the Jeeps' remaining schedule as:

2/6: Clay
2/9: Green
2/12: Waverly
2/13: @Minford
2/16: @Oak Hill
2/19: @ Valley

When has the game with St. Joe been rescheduled (or is it even going to be?) Will be alot of basketball the next two weeks weather-permitting. But with a couple of wins this week, Jeeps should be able to lock up the #1 seed with the drawing next Sunday before the tough finish to their schedule.*

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
The Bathtub Legend wrote:I'm not positive but I think the wheelersburg cheer block just did the chant red shorts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that they are saying that the South Webster players are on their periods???!!! Hahahaha but the chant about touching someone and reaching down like they are touching someone's crotch is completely inappropiate...

You want some cheese with that whine? Get over it. They're kids, what do you expect.

Some Class....

trakwalker
Waterboy

Post by trakwalker »

I agree with grad 77 they are KIDS!! Even though I was there to support the Jeeps I thought the cheer block was awsome. They were loud like a cheer block is supposed to be and the roller coaster thing was cool as heck!!! Let em have some fun while they can.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

Art, I believe the St. Joe game is scheduled for Wednesday, February 10. That would make 4 games next week.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SW JV team has won quite a few games this year. Seth can shoot lights out from anywhere on the floor but the one to watch out for is Lance Swords. He can shoot just as a good as Seth, but Seth takes so many shots and hits them, he doesn't really need to pass it. :shock:

I think Seth moves up to Varsity next year and Lance will take his spot on the varsity bench. Jensen (spelled right?) Dyer is the freshman center, I think he's 6'3 or 6'4. he's pretty good inside for a JV player but he needs to get bigger and faster to be a good Varsity player.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats to Webster on the win last in the "Palace." :roll: Burg played about as well and intense as they could in the 1st half but disappeared in the 2nd half. Webster did not play well in the 1st half but played an excellent game in the 2nd.

The cheer block, once again, did a great job. IMO, Burg has the best block overall I've seen. They cheer, are loud, have the support of fans/parents and do some neat cheers (love the coaster). They DO NOT do vulgar cheers! Last night a statement was being made in the first half to certain individuals (point made :mrgreen: ) about red shorts. BTW, it DID NOT have anything to do with what bathtub legend said. On a final note, leave the cheerleaders alone as well! :mad: Gail Schmidt does a fantastic job! IMO, I dont think this needs to be pushed anymore. Is there a policy on signs being held up at games? ;-) I know you are not allowed to have artificial noise makers but I do not remember seeing anything on signs. Hmmm! :?:

Jumpshot
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumpshot »

I assure you, a lot of people from Wheelersburg do not like those types of cheers, either.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

they ain't got nothing on the 06 Webster block. It looked like SW team started feeding off of the Burg block in the second half.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

burg needs to get stegman out of paint and let him face the basket. did it early in the game but got away from that plan. webster very patient against the zone and then hit big shots towards the end. burgs defense little better but no consistent scoring.

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

My two cents on the Burg Cheer Block. Come on people these are just kids supporting their team. There is nothing vulgar in what they are doing or saying. I have been to almost every Burg game this year for basketball & football and there is one adult (won't say name) that stands up and screams & cusses at the Coaching Staff, (only in football) and I don't see the Administration doing anything about that?? My feeling on this if the one adult that did the complaining to the administration at the High School does not like what the KIDS are doing or saying then DON'T GO.

enough said. Thank you

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I'm a Jeep fan but I thought the Burg cheerblock was great! I know there was some conflict going on with some of the kids and administration and the block was silent the first half but they turned it on the second half when the boys came out in their Pirate shirts. Even the rest of the Burg fans got in to it.

I wish we could get more kids involved in our cheerblock. I know there are a couple of guys trying to get things going but we just can't seem to get very many kids involved. Hopefully after seeing the Burg last night they might get the itch.

Return to “Boys Basketball”