Eastern Brown vs Peebles

sparky
All State

Re: Eastern Brown vs Peebles

Post by sparky »

if i recall fayetteville gave you one of your closer games this season? and we will again never know if north adams would have won the gold ball last year if they had to play peebles again, but wouldn't it have made things more interesting?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

sparky wrote:if i recall fayetteville gave you one of your closer games this season? and we will again never know if north adams would have won the gold ball last year if they had to play peebles again, but wouldn't it have made things more interesting?

yes it would have / and yes, yes they did. West Union did as well, in our only league game. And so did Lynchburg. Either we play at everyone's level, or they play up to ours. :)

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

just a few yrs. back, when there were more schools in the shl league, everyone played every school just once. of course that is when there was 11 and 12 schools in the shl. would that not be equilvant to playing the way it is now. you still play every team at least once. yes i know you just play one division one time, depending on which you are in. and it counts as a league if you play twice within your own division. the twice playing in your own division is to give you more games and saves you having to schedule more games outside your own league, plus gives the school some money if a rivarly developes. it may be just as good to play everyone just once in your league and schedule tougher games outside our own.

another issue was. sometimes the smaller schools were having a hard time competing with the larger schools. i agree with sparky the rotation sounds like the best way to solve a lot of conflicts, everyone gets their turn.

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Post by bucknut53 »

indianmaniac wrote:
tobiasunderwood wrote:
It seems the varsity contest was certainly a challenge with your boys displaying tremendous inner strength and desire to overcome the deficit and emerging victorious. I gather that they have received superior instruction from a knowledgeable tutor that has instilled a desire to achieve greatness. It has also come to my attention that your varsity coach is calling it quits after this season. If this is true, I hope that his understudies fair better than they did during this same nights contests. Well wishes throughout the tournament.

dragon88 wrote:
Not really understanding what it is that you are trying to say here. Our varsity is 17-0, the JV is [color=#408080]14-3 [/color]and the freshman are 12-1. Over all that makes us 43 wins and 4 losses. We do appreciate the well wishes though!

If I am reading right, tobiasunderwood is paying a compliment to Coach Lawhorn for coaching a good game and also to the boys for not giving up.

I'll have to agree that if the rumor is true....Coach Lawhorn will be missed.

We don't really need to get into that all right now. Let's just concentrate on a long tourney run!

Goodluck Indians!

Sounds to me that tobiasunderwood is complimenting the varsity players and coach, but has a totally different view of the jv coaching. Just my opinion.

Fantastic
Waterboy

Post by Fantastic »

Wonder if we would be having the "gold ball" discussion if North Adams was the potential recipiant??

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

luvit wrote:just a few yrs. back, when there were more schools in the shl league, everyone played every school just once. of course that is when there was 11 and 12 schools in the shl. would that not be equilvant to playing the way it is now. you still play every team at least once. yes i know you just play one division one time, depending on which you are in. and it counts as a league if you play twice within your own division. the twice playing in your own division is to give you more games and saves you having to schedule more games outside your own league, plus gives the school some money if a rivarly developes. it may be just as good to play everyone just once in your league and schedule tougher games outside our own.

another issue was. sometimes the smaller schools were having a hard time competing with the larger schools. i agree with sparky the rotation sounds like the best way to solve a lot of conflicts, everyone gets their turn.

Well, what's the ultimate gain in winning your league? Everyone gets into the tournament regardless, and if you have an good record but fall short of the the league title you'll still get a good tournament seed. Don't get me wrong...winning league titles is great, but how much does it affect the second season?

And Fantastic, I don't think we would be, because they're in the Big School.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

sparky wrote:if i recall fayetteville gave you one of your closer games this season? and we will again never know if north adams would have won the gold ball last year if they had to play peebles again, but wouldn't it have made things more interesting?

Am I mistaken or didn't North Adams play and beat Peebles twice last season? Once in the McDondalds tourney which was at Peebles last season and again at North Adams.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

boomer633 wrote:

Am I mistaken or didn't North Adams play and beat Peebles twice last season? Once in the McDondalds tourney which was at Peebles last season and again at North Adams.

yes, correct, and the games turned out pretty much the same, with NA winning by ten(ish?). That was only because of the MIT tourney draw. Ordinarily these two rivals only play each other twice a season if they meet up in the AC tourney (which wasn't often when Peebles was losing a few years back).

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

bucknut53 wrote:
indianmaniac wrote:
tobiasunderwood wrote:
It seems the varsity contest was certainly a challenge with your boys displaying tremendous inner strength and desire to overcome the deficit and emerging victorious. I gather that they have received superior instruction from a knowledgeable tutor that has instilled a desire to achieve greatness. It has also come to my attention that your varsity coach is calling it quits after this season. If this is true, I hope that his understudies fair better than they did during this same nights contests. Well wishes throughout the tournament.

dragon88 wrote:
Not really understanding what it is that you are trying to say here. Our varsity is 17-0, the JV is [color=#408080]14-3 [/color]and the freshman are 12-1. Over all that makes us 43 wins and 4 losses. We do appreciate the well wishes though!

If I am reading right, tobiasunderwood is paying a compliment to Coach Lawhorn for coaching a good game and also to the boys for not giving up.

I'll have to agree that if the rumor is true....Coach Lawhorn will be missed.

We don't really need to get into that all right now. Let's just concentrate on a long tourney run!

Goodluck Indians!

Sounds to me that tobiasunderwood is complimenting the varsity players and coach, but has a totally different view of the jv coaching. Just my opinion.

You are quite correct sir in your assumption. This is only the second contest in which I have had an opportunity to witness your junior varsity instructor at his chosen craft; and I must say, apologetically, that I was not overwhelmed.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

tobiasunderwood wrote:
bucknut53 wrote:
tobiasunderwood wrote:

You are quite correct sir in your assumption. This is only the second contest in which I have had an opportunity to witness your junior varsity instructor at his chosen craft; and I must say, apologetically, that I was not overwhelmed.

Heretofore regarding the chosen language the above statements have been scribed in, one might assume the originator of said opinions must be of some origin steeped mightily in higher education, however the using of words and phrases brought into order slightly backwards speaks more to me of one casting false airs about one's education, whereas the utilizing of language of a more direct nature would convey said writer's thoughts with clarity much enhanced, and leave the reader with little room to misinterpret the opinions said writer deems worth having. For example, if one were wishing to express the irritation of their gluteus maximus, one would be best served to jot the phrase: "My rear end itches."

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

yeah, I'm with you chitwood, just say what you mean... Tobiasunderwood joined yesterday just to get on here and tear down Peebles Coaching Understudies after only seeing two games...not the opinion of an expert...but you know what they say about opinions, they're like noses...everyone has one!!

Keep up the hard work Indians, we have a solid program with dedicated and hardworking coaches...I for one am proud of them and their records...

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

jchitwood wrote:

Heretofore regarding the chosen language the above statements have been scribed in, one might assume the originator of said opinions must be of some origin steeped mightily in higher education, however the using of words and phrases brought into order slightly backwards speaks more to me of one casting false airs about one's education, whereas the utilizing of language of a more direct nature would convey said writer's thoughts with clarity much enhanced, and leave the reader with little room to misinterpret the opinions said writer deems worth having. For example, if one were wishing to express the irritation of their gluteus maximus, one would be best served to jot the phrase: "My rear end itches."[/quote]

what the h...!

mattchristopher
Waterboy

Post by mattchristopher »

tobiasunderwood sounds a lot like another poster on here. He likes to cast stones... I'd say he's seen plenty of games and either sour grapes or envy has caused his underwhelming witness. Why would you even get on here and make such comments, unless of course, you want the job...??? Isn't tobiasunderwood a comic book writer??????

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

My gosh! Do you guys at Peebles even like each other?

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

mattchristopher wrote:tobiasunderwood sounds a lot like another poster on here. He likes to cast stones... I'd say he's seen plenty of games and either sour grapes or envy has caused his underwhelming witness. Why would you even get on here and make such comments, unless of course, you want the job...??? Isn't tobiasunderwood a comic book writer??????

I was wondering what in the world that name meant!! Matt Christopher...also a writer?

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

Mmmmm.....and only a few people I know of that would know that. ;-)

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

slug wrote:My gosh! Do you guys at Peebles even like each other?

We like to pick at each other like old married couples that don't mind the kids watching us fight. :) At the games we all wear red and get behind our players.

mattchristopher: Is there a comic book writer named Tobias Underwood?

mattchristopher
Waterboy

Maybe he was in the funnies, not a writer......?

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

this must be an inside joke between matt and jimmy lol

mattchristopher
Waterboy

No inside joke, luvit. Wasn't tobias underwood the name of a comic book character ? I don't think he was the author, now that I think about it. Anyone know?

Return to “Boys Basketball”