http://www.wkkj.com/cc-common/mlib/1838 ... 631826.pdf

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Re: d-4 tourny drawings

Post by jimmy chipwood »

svbt1112 wrote:tournament draw is up

Jimmy will believe it

http://www.wkkj.com/cc-common/mlib/1838 ... 631826.pdf

I guess there is a first time for everything? Not that it matters all that much but I wonder how close the vote for #1 was? Im not sure even with the Ironton win that I would have voted Manchester #1.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Manchester's Draw is much clearer as the 1 seed than South Webster's at the 2 seed.

I have some knowledge of who voted for Manchester for the 1 seed (or at least which SOC 1 schools did) but will not hang them out on here. They did what they thought was right----I disagree with them, but I am a South Webster fan!

kickin it
Waterboy

Post by kickin it »

What they thought was right or what they thought would help them?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

"Manchester's draw as the #1 seed is much clearer than South Webster's as the #2 seed"

I don't understand this statement. Personally I can easily see arguements for either of these teams being the #1. How much does it matter? Manchester will play NB/East and SW will likely play ND........if those top seeds can't beat those 3 teams....do they really deserve a trip to the Convo? DId ND play SW tight during teh year and hope they would have a better shot versus SW as opposed to Manchester? Did NB or East get trampled by SW and feel they have no shot versus them and go with Manchester as #1? I have to feel ND was vying for the #6 seed and ticking off SW wouldn't be the best way to obtain it. I know they vote the top seeds first and then go down. I don't see how ND could've hurt SW's #1 chances....but I could see NB/East knowing they would be 8/9 and if they both thought they had a better shot versus Manchester......then I understand as SW/Man are very close....could've went either way.

Or maybe SW just ticked off the other SOC schools in the recent years or something.

But I see little difference in the #1 vs #2....both should see the Convo easily....and once to the Convo the #3 and #4 teams from Wellston are virtually the same as well....not much advantage until maybe the district finals.....LONG WAY away!

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Ironman: Perhaps I overstated it a bit----but I would much rather be in the district that Manchester is in. Reedsville Eastern is in ours and not in theirs---Period.

The Sectional and District Semis are relatively similar.

I never said that Manchester didn't or doesn't deserve the 1 seed.

We play the other SOC1 schools every year in the regular season and you would think if everything was even (and I believe it is pretty even this year) that they would have voted us as the 1 seed. Must have been something in it for them......... If ND was vying for the 6 seed they would have received it with/without South Webster's vote.

I don't think that New Boston or East have any illusions about beating Manchester. New Boston has a 1-100 chance. East has 0 chance. East and Western are as down as I have ever seen.

I believe South Webster will be ready to play-----looking forward to the Notre Dame game on March 2nd! If we are the best team in the district we will be in the Regional Finals, if not then it doesn't matter anyway!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I just didn't understand the statement. Eastern Meigs like everyone else is beatable by the top teams in the district......SW is definately one those teams.

Quite honestly....EM may have their hands full with Leesburg Fairfield if it gets that far. Fairfield must get by a solid Clay team....but if they do I believe they will have a decent chance of beating EM in the semis.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

That schedule shows 2 games being played at Valley on March 2. Both at 6:15...Anyone know which game is listed wrong, Manchesters or South Websters?

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

I agree Ironman, Manchester was up like 12 on EM before getting beat by 2. With Cox in the lineup for Fairfield they can play right with Manchester so I'm not gonna go ahead and write in EM to the District Finals.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Ironman: I believe you are right about fairfield! Another reason I would rather be in the other District! Manchester got away from Reedsville, Fairfield and South Webster!

With all that being said though----it is what it is. These things break down differently once they begin most years anyway. Upsets happen and the "tougher" district becomes the "easier" one. One game at a time!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

futurebkstar wrote:South gallia recieved the 7th seed and that's exactly what they deserved. They beat st Joe twice. That made the difference between 7 and 8
Makes you wonder why they even play the entire season when 2 games was all that was needed to determine the seeds.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
futurebkstar wrote:South gallia recieved the 7th seed and that's exactly what they deserved. They beat st Joe twice. That made the difference between 7 and 8
Makes you wonder why they even play the entire season when 2 games was all that was needed to determine the seeds.
Good one, BlindWhiteHat.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Lol, I think the 8 wins had a lot to do with it. The fact the losses they had were by 2 at symmes valley and st Joe was blown out by symmes, 7 at reedsville, 7 at Waterford, 9 at Trimble, 9 at southern. Did st Joe beat anyone with a higher seed than 5?

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

ISJ beat Wellston, a 4 seed in Div. 3 at Wellston. They also were ahead of Green and Clay with 2 minutes left in both of those games. As far as Symmes Valley goes the Vikings had only a 3 point lead after 3 quarters on ISJ. Getting an 8 seed is a downer but I will trade that for not having to come to SG again any day.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

futurebkstar wrote:Lol, I think the 8 wins had a lot to do with it. The fact the losses they had were by 2 at symmes valley and st Joe was blown out by symmes, 7 at reedsville, 7 at Waterford, 9 at Trimble, 9 at southern. Did st Joe beat anyone with a higher seed than 5?
Are we really resorting to who had the best losses? By your logic, St. Joe lost to some really good teams and should be seeded much higher than 8.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

chipwood,
where did you get your info on 2000 and 2004 where the shl schools weren't in the same sectional? when did latham leave the shl for the soc?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

sparky wrote:chipwood,
where did you get your info on 2000 and 2004 where the shl schools weren't in the same sectional? when did latham leave the shl for the soc?

It was 2000 and 2003 - unless I read the brackets wrong.

http://www.seodab.org/boys_basketball.htm

http://ohsaa.org/sports/bk/boys/tourn00/d4a.htm

I forgot how much success Whiteoak had in the early/mid 2000's. Impressive!

I could be wrong but I think Western left in 2002. There was a year or two where Peebles and North Adams were in D4 but I was only looking for WO,FF, and MHS.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

jimmy chipwood wrote:
sparky wrote:chipwood,

It was 2000 and 2003 - unless I read the brackets wrong.

http://www.seodab.org/boys_basketball.htm

http://ohsaa.org/sports/bk/boys/tourn00/d4a.htm

I forgot how much success Whiteoak had in the early/mid 2000's. Impressive!

I could be wrong but I think Western left in 2002. There was a year or two where Peebles and North Adams were in D4 but I was only looking for WO,FF, and MHS.

Pat did a wonderful job with White Oak. Reedsville Eastern Coach Caldwell also had a great run at this time. Both teams made it to the Schott.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

So why do you think st Joe deserved anything higher that an 8 seed? What the reasoning behind your theory? Miller will beat them in the tourney....

Corrected!!!

What's the overall records of the teams that st Joe and south gallia play??? Wins and losses
Last edited by Futurebkstar on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

chipwood,
fairfield, whiteoak, and manchester have gone to valley as long as i can remember.

Return to “Boys Basketball”