All State

Re: Meigs D-4 sectional.

Post by Futurebkstar »

Symmes Valley wins 5 in a row. 8-4

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Eastern Beaver wins there 9th in a row tonight over Notre Dame. They are 11-2 now and have Symmes comeing to Beaver next.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

This is not going to be a very good sectional by looking at the records. There is only one team from the TVC with a winning record. Either the teams are all even this year or really bad conference. It looks like Eastern Pike and Symmes Valley will be #1 and #2 and who knows after that with what is going on in the TVC. I guess it wouldn't matter if the #1 and #2 get the #3 or #9 they all lose to each other in the TVC.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Yep after pike and symmes its a hot mess!!! LOL I think u the second go around everyone is splitting with one another.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

G.W.A. , I couldn't disagree with you more on D-4 basketball being weak. Maybe the The teams in this sectional are struggleing but the Soc and SHL have some very good teams. Easter Beaver, Norte Dame, Symmes Valley,Portsmouth East, Fairfield, White Oak these are all excellent teams . In southern Ohio who have quality wins over several good D-3 and D-2 schools . I think some of the worst record teams are starting to turn the corner as well. Manchester,Western Pike, Green , to name a few over this way are starting to figgure some things out and play better ball.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

lightle04 wrote:G.W.A. , I couldn't disagree with you more on D-4 basketball being weak. Maybe the The teams in this sectional are struggleing but the Soc and SHL have some very good teams. Easter Beaver, Norte Dame, Symmes Valley,Portsmouth East, Fairfield, White Oak these are all excellent teams . In southern Ohio who have quality wins over several good D-3 and D-2 schools . I think some of the worst record teams are starting to turn the corner as well. Manchester,Western Pike, Green , to name a few over this way are starting to figgure some things out and play better ball.
I also disagree. I have followed Basketball for years and the SOC 1 is the strongest its been in 20 years. I think the tvc is down because of last years senior loaded graduation. I think right now Beaver is 1 and Symmes Valley is 2 but that could flip if Symmes gets beaver next time.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Even if Symmes beat them not sure it would flip. With Eastern winning at Notre Dame beating Waverly at Waverly and beating Piketon on a neutral floor. But who knows.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

If the draw is still on January 26th I don't see anyone knocking Eastern Pike out of #1.
1. Eastern Pike 11-2
2. Symmes Valley 8-5
3. Trimble 8-8 play Belpre
4. Southern 7-7 play South Gallia and Belpre
5. ISJ 6-8
6. Miller 5-9 play Alexander and Waterford
7. South Gallia 5-10 play Southern and Eastern
8. Waterford 4-7 play Wahama and Miller
9. Eastern 3-11 play Fed Hock and South Gallia
Looking at the records it is almost impossible to pick who will go where even with only a week left. 2-5 are only separated by 2 games. 6-9 are separated by 2 games. 5-7 are only separated by a game. Even the day of the draw some teams are going to have almost identical records.It will be interesting to see who plays who or if it matters since so many teams are equal. I would guess it will matter more on which teams make it to the district and who they have to play.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They need to bring in an outside consultant ..... or a scientist ..... to figure out this mess.

:)

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Hopper 11 wrote:If the draw is still on January 26th I don't see anyone knocking Eastern Pike out of #1.
1. Eastern Pike 11-2
2. Symmes Valley 8-5
5. ISJ 6-8
Looking at the records it is almost impossible to pick who will go where even with only a week left. 2-5 are only separated by 2 games. 6-9 are separated by 2 games. 5-7 are only separated by a game. Even the day of the draw some teams are going to have almost identical records.It will be interesting to see who plays who or if it matters since so many teams are equal. I would guess it will matter more on which teams make it to the district and who they have to play.

The draw is February 10th.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

UPDATED RECORDS AFTER SATURDAY ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Crab's brother wrote:
Hopper 11 wrote:If the draw is still on January 26th I don't see anyone knocking Eastern Pike out of #1.
1. Eastern Pike 11-2
2. Symmes Valley 8-5
5. ISJ 6-8

The draw is February 10th.

I wasn't sure since they added more games to the schedule this year if the draw date was the same as years past. With the draw date moved back until the 10th of February I wouldn't even want to try and guess this early on any of the teams.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Your right Hopper 11 , the #2-#10 I think can chage weekly almost all the way up to the draw.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

lightle04 wrote:Your right Hopper 11 , the #2-#10 I think can chage weekly almost all the way up to the draw.
lightle04 wrote:Your right Hopper 11 , the #2-#10 I think can chage weekly almost all the way up to the draw.
I disagree. I think the 1 & 2 is pretty much set. #3-9 will be interesting. If SV goes. 500 their record will be 12-8. Everyone already has 8 losses and no better wins than portsmouth east & Notre Dame. Notre Dame will be the #1 seed in other bracket.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Symmesvalley2013 wrote:
I disagree. I think the 1 & 2 is pretty much set. #3-9 will be interesting. If SV goes. 500 their record will be 12-8. Everyone already has 8 losses and no better wins than portsmouth east & Notre Dame. Notre Dame will be the #1 seed in other bracket.

There are a lot of games left between now and the 10th. Trimble has 8 wins same as Symmes Valley, Southern has 7, ISJ has 6. All three of these teams could possibly end up with more wins than Symmes Valley before the draw. Not saying they will but they could and the way this season is going I wouldn't bet on anything.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I just threw a dart at the board - and it landed on the picture of a Tomcat ... so I'm picking Trimble to end up with the No. 2 seed.

- no reasoning behind it - that's just where the dart landed.

lol

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Im not totally in disagreement but Symmes Valley only have 5 losses. They have only played 13 games. They have more opportunities to win because they have played less games. They have 7 more games till tournament drawing according to their schedule.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Very true and the only real tuff teams they play in there final few are at Eastern and at Notre Dame. So at worst I think they would go 15-7 .

Return to “Boys Basketball”