SEOPS Hippo

Re: 3/2 - 7 pm - Ironton (19-2) vs North Adams (13-10) @ Con

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT GAME WAY TO GO FIGHTING TIGERS

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:north adams has been an enigma all year. a lot of experience and talent but seems to be missing something. might be chemistry or selfishness? hard to pin point.
They just do not have a star player. NA has an excellent group of role players but nobody to give the ball to when they need a basket. I think that is the cause of their inconsistency.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Re: 3/2 - Ironton 80 North Adams 33

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Several star players wouldn't have helped them tonight. Wow!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Why the week between the semi's and the finals for the district title? When I played in the late 70's, the district semi's were played on Friday and the final was on Friday? Just curious. Of course, back then it was only A, AA & AAA.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

TRH wrote:Why the week between the semi's and the finals for the district title? When I played in the late 70's, the district semi's were played on Friday and the final was on Friday? Just curious. Of course, back then it was only A, AA & AAA.
I may not be real smart, but didn't you contradict yourself? Isn't Friday to Friday a week?

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

Regulator wrote:
TRH wrote:Why the week between the semi's and the finals for the district title? When I played in the late 70's, the district semi's were played on Friday and the final was on Friday? Just curious. Of course, back then it was only A, AA & AAA.
I may not be real smart, but didn't you contradict yourself? Isn't Friday to Friday a week?
I thought he meant that they when he played, the District semis and finals were played on the same day. :122245

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

You're both right. My mistake. Semi on Friday, final on Saturday. Same weekend.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

First time I've seen them play, and wow no disappointments to speak of. This team is for real, and no one I seen today will challenge them. Good luck Ironton. They won't need much, their that good.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

IndianFan4life wrote:I just dont buy into the thinking that NA wont be ready for the competition that Ironton will bring. The SHL is a knock down drag out fight into the parking lot every night. One of the toughest leagues in Southern Ohio. I havent seen Ironton, and Im really looking forward to it. Maybe its also the reason that I cant see a 20 point blow out. I just gotta think that this one is settled under 10. I would really like to see NA pull off the upset. Anything can happen at this time of the year.

If you didnt see a 20 pt blowout possible .....how bout the 47 pt everyone else saw coming

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

This game was tough to watch. The Tigers are the class of southeastern Ohio. Good luck the rest of the way!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Yeah Ironton is good but why in the world did NA play basic zones and run quick hitter offense? The staff was at Jackson scouting the burg Ironton game and NA has more talent than burg. Yeah Ironton probably should of won at the end of the day but was just really disappointed in NAs approach.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

HItops wrote:
IndianFan4life wrote:I just dont buy into the thinking that NA wont be ready for the competition that Ironton will bring. The SHL is a knock down drag out fight into the parking lot every night. One of the toughest leagues in Southern Ohio. I havent seen Ironton, and Im really looking forward to it. Maybe its also the reason that I cant see a 20 point blow out. I just gotta think that this one is settled under 10. I would really like to see NA pull off the upset. Anything can happen at this time of the year.

If you didnt see a 20 pt blowout possible .....how bout the 47 pt everyone else saw coming
Hey Hitops! Did u not see my most recent post right before you posted your silly banter? Keep thinking that way (cockiness) and that will get you beat. This team is good enough to blow through this regional to the final. Then you may run into someone that can keep up with you. Good luck to the Tigers, but play one game at a time, and for goodness sake KEEP YOUR HEADS!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Everyone talks about how good Ironton's offense is, but I was just as impressed with their defense. The guards are extremely quick and the big boys control the paint. Tenacious defense to say the least!

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

Bleeding Red wrote:Everyone talks about how good Ironton's offense is, but I was just as impressed with their defense. The guards are extremely quick and the big boys control the paint. Tenacious defense to say the least!
Agree 100% defense wins ballgames!!!! Defense last night was scary good!!!!!!

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

IndianFan4life wrote:
HItops wrote:

Hey Hitops! Did u not see my most recent post right before you posted your silly banter? Keep thinking that way (cockiness) and that will get you beat. This team is good enough to blow through this regional to the final. Then you may run into someone that can keep up with you. Good luck to the Tigers, but play one game at a time, and for goodness sake KEEP YOUR HEADS!
Hitops is a Valley fan, not from Ironton. Appreciate his enthusiasm, but agree that Ironton needs to keep a level head. Things are never as good and never as bad as they seem. Every team in the tournament will eventually have an off night - the key is to survive and advance.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Man I was wrong, 47pts I said 23 still cant believe it wow. Bad vibe though for this team, may lead to their exit in the next 2 games. Would be unfortunate. Better be hungry, one bad game its over.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Honestly, Ironton could have dropped a100 spot in this one. Carter was trying at times to slow it down, and starters were getting pulled very early. I didn't feel like they were trying to embarrass NA. They are just that good. But, I agree with the previous post that they have to be careful, and not get complacent in the next few games. It would be ashame to get beat in this region where they are 25-30 points better than everyone.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

IndianFan4life wrote:Honestly, Ironton could have dropped a100 spot in this one. Carter was trying at times to slow it down, and starters were getting pulled very early. I didn't feel like they were trying to embarrass NA. They are just that good. But, I agree with the previous post that they have to be careful, and not get complacent in the next few games. It would be ashame to get beat in this region where they are 25-30 points better than everyone.

These kids are hungry! The good thing is and not being cocky they've pretty much handle every team they've play thus far. I personally feel this group is so goal oriented that they will not let their guard down regardless of the score in the next few games. Any team is capable of having a bad night but so far if one of the kids have a bad game there is another to pick up the slack!

Return to “Boys Basketball”