3/21-10:45 Ironton vs Ottawa Glandorf @ Schottenstein Cen

Bear42
Freshman Team

Re: 3/21-10:45 Ironton vs Ottawa Glandorf @ Schottenstein Ce

Post by Bear42 »

IBTT wrote:I agree with the last two posts completely...they weren't in the top five teams Ironton beat this year....it was fate on their side that zack was hurt...sad but true...and the officials didn't give us any breaks.
WOW..I am not defending Levi, however I would like for you to list five teams better than OG. I was impressed with their patience and the ability to make big shots. They were also very well coached. they have been there before. I dont see them losing to any of the Ohio schools Ironton had on their schedule. Did you watch the shooting clinic OG had in the final. Perhaps they had an "off" night against Ironton. If Zack was in fact hurt its unfortunate. Yes it could've been a different Ballgame. I wish him the best in college. Ironton beat themselves...too many turnovers...quit blaming officials!

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="BillyHoyle42"][quote="IBTT"]I agree with the last two posts completely...they weren't in the top five teams Ironton beat this year....it was fate on their side that zack was hurt...sad but true...and the officials didn't give us any breaks.[/quote]

WOW..I am not defending Levi, however I would like for you to list five teams better than OG. I was impressed with their patience and the ability to make big shots. They were also very well coached. they have been there before. I dont see them losing to any of the Ohio schools Ironton had on their schedule. Did you watch the shooting clinic OG had in the final. Perhaps they had an "off" night against Ironton. If Zack was in fact hurt its unfortunate. Yes it could've been a different Ballgame. I wish him the best in college. Ironton beat themselves...too many turnovers...quit blaming officials![/quote]

You just contradicted yourself. In one breath you said that OG beat us and in the next you say that "Ironton beat themselves" which is it? I think we did beat ourselves I am sure we would have beat them by at least 20 had Zac been ok. This kid routinely scores 25-30 a game. I am not saying that OG was a bad team because obviously they are not, but they are a team that on anyother night we should have beat them handlely. Like I said this game was a fluke. I never blamed the refs but they were a little off. OG's coach even said in an interview that the 4th foul that Trevor got was not a foul and most likely should have been a charge. Also the foul on Zac at the end was also a miss. Refs are not always perfect and they do get things wrong and sometimes it can change the course of a game. Whether you want to believe it or not.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I truly think they were balanced teams. Yes, Zac was off, BUT trey had a huge game, to keep us in it.
I agree, that TJ metzgher Was amazing for OG, we somehow slowed him down after half, or did he play below par?
COULDA
SHOULDA
WOULDA.
Bottom line: too many turnovers. Too many missed free throws.
Excellent game plan by OG & coaching plan by them, let them prevail.
I am a tiger diehard, but that last .50 of play killed us & no lady luck came our way.
Congrats tigers!!!
Fletcher should have improved his collegiate "stock" w/ that performance, based on big city newspaper write-ups!!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Congrats on an outstanding season Tigers!!

59Indian
Waterboy

Post by 59Indian »

tjhtygeverve wrote:I truly think they were balanced teams. Yes, Zac was off, BUT trey had a huge game, to keep us in it.
I agree, that TJ metzgher Was amazing for OG, we somehow slowed him down after half, or did he play below par?
COULDA
SHOULDA
WOULDA.
Bottom line: too many turnovers. Too many missed free throws.
Excellent game plan by OG & coaching plan by them, let them prevail.
I am a tiger diehard, but that last .50 of play killed us & no lady luck came our way.
Congrats tigers!!!
Fletcher should have improved his collegiate "stock" w/ that performance, based on big city newspaper write-ups!!!
Congratulations to Ironton on a fine season. Agree with your post & disagree with some of the posters above that thought OG wasn't the best team Ironton played this year. After the game I would have also said that Ironton wasn't the best team that O-G played and O-G didn't play their best. Ironton had no way of knowing how good the teams were that O-G played. O-G had no way to judge how good the teams were that Ironton played. O-G does play a very competive schedule & is the smallest school in a D2 league. They played 3 large D1 schools Perrysburg, Findlay & Lima Senior winning all. Lima Bath who won O-G's league & whom O-G defeated lost to Watterson in reg. finals. Leipsic a team that O-G defeated played in the D4 final.O-G's region had 4 of the top 10 D3 teams & they beat 2 to get to Columbus. Watching Versailles in the semi I thought they would give O-G a better game than they did. What all this means is head to head is all you can go by & that is what counts in the end.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Was OG the best team played all year? No. Not even close. Hialeah Gardens was the best team I saw all year, as they beat us by 18 points.

O-G, however, was a top three team we played all year I thought.

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

One thing that kills Levi is why is it that Ironton never gets beat by a better team? :roll: Its always the refs beat us or we had a key player injured....... Just admit OG was the better team and thats why they won.... This group of tigers had a great year and an outstanding 4 years of high school so celabrate that. See in football season.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="LEBANON LEVI"]One thing that kills Levi is why is it that Wheelersburg and Ironton never get beat by a better team? :roll: Its always the refs beat us or we had a key player injured....... Just admit OG was the better team and thats why they won.... This group of tigers had a great year and an outstanding 4 years of high school so celabrate that. See in football season.[/quote]

I have no problem admitting when a team is better, but Sorry Levi in this case that is simply not true. You just seem to want to rub everyone's nose in it so this will be my last post on the subject. OG was a decent team but in no way a "BETTER" team than the Tigers. Sorry if you can't wrap your mind around the truth. :roll:

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

86Tiger wrote:
LEBANON LEVI wrote:One thing that kills Levi is why is it that Wheelersburg and Ironton never get beat by a better team? :roll: Its always the refs beat us or we had a key player injured....... Just admit OG was the better team and thats why they won.... This group of tigers had a great year and an outstanding 4 years of high school so celabrate that. See in football season.
I have no problem admitting when a team is better, but Sorry Levi in this case that is simply not true. You just seem to want to rub everyone's nose in it so this will be my last post on the subject. OG was a decent team but in no way a "BETTER" team than the Tigers. Sorry if you can't wrap your mind around the truth. :roll:
I really hoped Ironton would win this one, but they ran into a better team last Saturday. Its hard to admit when you just got beat, but in the end it really doesnt matter. The Ironton team brought good fan support every night of the tourney, and brought their A game every night. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. You cant afford to have an off night/day when you get into the deep part of the tourney. Teams are all battle tested at that point. So if the excuse is that you had an off night, then you were not the better team that particular day. OG had to come with their A game, and not have an off night, and they did. Nerves, injuries, and fatigue all play a factor, and on Saturday OG was up for the task ON THAT DAY. MAYBE, would have been different on another day, but no way to tell at this point. Just be happy that Ironton had a great season, and made it to the final four. What a venue that was! Kids dream of that every day, and most dont get to experience it. Great Job Ironton Tigers, and thanks for representing Southern Ohio with class, and dignity. Now lets all do the same......

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="IndianFan4life"][quote="86Tiger"][quote="LEBANON LEVI"]One thing that kills Levi is why is it that Wheelersburg and Ironton never get beat by a better team? :roll: Its always the refs beat us or we had a key player injured....... Just admit OG was the better team and thats why they won.... This group of tigers had a great year and an outstanding 4 years of high school so celabrate that. See in football season.[/quote]

I have no problem admitting when a team is better, but Sorry Levi in this case that is simply not true. You just seem to want to rub everyone's nose in it so this will be my last post on the subject. OG was a decent team but in no way a "BETTER" team than the Tigers. Sorry if you can't wrap your mind around the truth. :roll:[/quote]

I really hoped Ironton would win this one, but they ran into a better team last Saturday. Its hard to admit when you just got beat, but in the end it really doesnt matter. The Ironton team brought good fan support every night of the tourney, and brought their A game every night. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. You cant afford to have an off night/day when you get into the deep part of the tourney. Teams are all battle tested at that point. So if the excuse is that you had an off night, then you were not the better team that particular day. OG had to come with their A game, and not have an off night, and they did. Nerves, injuries, and fatigue all play a factor, and on Saturday OG was up for the task ON THAT DAY. MAYBE, would have been different on another day, but no way to tell at this point. Just be happy that Ironton had a great season, and made it to the final four. What a venue that was! Kids dream of that every day, and most dont get to experience it. Great Job Ironton Tigers, and thanks for representing Southern Ohio with class, and dignity. Now lets all do the same......[/quote]

Indianfan You can have your OPINIONS and I can have mine. I know what I know and you or Levi either one are going to change my mind. As far as I know neither of you are from Ironton and do not know these kids. I have said nothing that would suggest that I don't have class or dignity and resent the insinuation that I did. I do not appreciate being talked down to like I have no right to say what I feel. I never blamed the refs and I never said that OG was not a good team. I do know that I have watched these boys their whole lives and I know what they are capable of and what they are not. I have seen them beat way better teams than OG. There is nothing wrong with that statement and nothing classless or undignified about it. It is over now and it will take a while to get over especially for our kids, our coach and us parents. So with all that said, please excuse me if I don't fit into your nice neat little box.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Say what you want but its silly to argue about whether they are better or not. They were beaten, that day but still had a great season. Quit bellyaching about that game, and be happy that they made it to the elite of the elite game. Very proud of the run they made, and it really doesnt matter whether we think they were the better team or not. They got beat, plain, and simple. I never stated that you didnt have class, or dignity. Just that it doesnt do any good to woller in the last game, when they had such a great season. You certainly do have a right to your opinion, just as I do. And, mine is that they ran into a team that outplayed them THAT DAY. They may play 10 times, and win 9, but they were not the better team last Saturday ONLY! OG was...... Good luck to all the graduating Seniors, what stories you will have to tell your kids one day. Great Season...

Return to “Boys Basketball”