12. Wellston
13. Belpre
14. South Point
15. Crooksville

athens78
All State

Re: D-3 sectional@Jackson

Post by athens78 »

There will be no reason for a long meeting Sunday. Seeds are set as of Friday. The coaches just pick up a list of how coaches voted, there will be no changes. Actually coaches don't even have to attend just a rep from the school to turn in roster and pick up tickets.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

How is it set up in the SE District this year? Here in the NW District, we are also doing online voting, and also giving teams a choice of where to go in the bracket based on your seed(example 1 seed picks their spot in bracket, followed by 2,3,4 and so on). In theory a #1 or #2 seed could elect and have done in the past to NOT take the bye, allowing the 3 or 4 to take it. Is the SE still going chalk in terms of team placement, or do teams get to choose where they go based on seed as in the NW?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

knowledge wrote:How is it set up in the SE District this year? Here in the NW District, we are also doing online voting, and also giving teams a choice of where to go in the bracket based on your seed(example 1 seed picks their spot in bracket, followed by 2,3,4 and so on). In theory a #1 or #2 seed could elect and have done in the past to NOT take the bye, allowing the 3 or 4 to take it. Is the SE still going chalk in terms of team placement, or do teams get to choose where they go based on seed as in the NW?
SE District is a Seeded format. (LIKE THE NCAA) . What I don't understand is why everyone throughout the State Are not on the Same page when it comes to tourney draws. Sounds like different formats. My thinking is all Districts should be doing the same.
Voting online is fine, but let the coaches determine where they want to play and what matchups they would like to have. JMO.

Again, I think that 3-4-5 Seed can interchange. I do know whoever those 3-4-5 seeds are they don't want to play Fairland, Coal Grove, Ironton, or Oak Hill. Two of these teams will be sent into spring sports early!

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Regulator wrote:
knowledge wrote:How is it set up in the SE District this year? Here in the NW District, we are also doing online voting, and also giving teams a choice of where to go in the bracket based on your seed(example 1 seed picks their spot in bracket, followed by 2,3,4 and so on). In theory a #1 or #2 seed could elect and have done in the past to NOT take the bye, allowing the 3 or 4 to take it. Is the SE still going chalk in terms of team placement, or do teams get to choose where they go based on seed as in the NW?
SE District is a Seeded format. (LIKE THE NCAA) . What I don't understand is why everyone throughout the State Are not on the Same page when it comes to tourney draws. Sounds like different formats. My thinking is all Districts should be doing the same.
Voting online is fine, but let the coaches determine where they want to play and what matchups they would like to have. JMO.

Again, I think that 3-4-5 Seed can interchange. I do know whoever those 3-4-5 seeds are they don't want to play Fairland, Coal Grove, Ironton, or Oak Hill. Two of these teams will be sent into spring sports early![/quot

I agree actually 3-4-5-6- seeds all will be a hard fought game for any one.All of these teams are playing good down the stretch.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Super Sectional with teams deciding own path is much superior to the ncaa style seeding. Also I wonder if River Valley will voted themselves 1 like the girls team.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Any info on seedings?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Think all teams find out at the meeting

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Official seeding ...

D3

1. Chesapeake'
2. Alexander
3. Fairland
4. Oak Hill
5. Ironton
6. Coal Grove
7. Fed Hock
8. River Valley
9. Nelsonville-York
10. Waverly
11. Rock Hill
12. Wellston
13. Belpre
14. South Point
15. Crooksville

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Did River Valley not submit a record? They are the only team across the district to not have a record on the brackets.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

danicalifornia wrote:Did River Valley not submit a record? They are the only team across the district to not have a record on the brackets.
Where are the brackets?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Did River Valley not submit a record? They are the only team across the district to not have a record on the brackets.
Where are the brackets?

Should be released pretty soon. Either on wkkj.com or seodab.org

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

On the year, River Valley is 10-9.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Jottings wrote:On the year, River Valley is 10-9.
RV is 10-10

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Must have missed a makeup game somewhere.

Return to “Boys Basketball”