Athens vs. Alexander

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: Athens vs. Alexander

Post by vcgrad »

Can"'t win if you don't use the big man--ask Gallipolis!!! In Se Ohio to have that size and not use it????? Makes no sense---everyone wants to shoot the 3.I watched Gallipolis play--the whole 1st half they did not run 1 play to their big-----makes no sense why your offense would not run through him.. Basketball is an easy game. To be blessed with a big man and not use them----the coach should be fired!!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm not surprised at all. I haven't seen Alexander in person this year, but last year I did see them 3or 4 games. Last year they didn't really play through Terry in the games that I watched either. They had a couple pretty good quick guards, and did shoot the 3 ball pretty well. I agree that he needs to be stronger, but sometimes that easier said than done.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is there a 6’10 high school kid out there that doesn’t need to get stronger? Is there a “shooter” off the bench that doesn’t need to get better on defense? Is there a 6’3 LB off the football team that doesn’t need to have better touch? Any point guards out there that don’t need to work on their shot, ball handling, court awareness?

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:50 am I'm not surprised at all. I haven't seen Alexander in person this year, but last year I did see them 3or 4 games. Last year they didn't really play through Terry in the games that I watched either. They had a couple pretty good quick guards, and did shoot the 3 ball pretty well. I agree that he needs to be stronger, but sometimes that easier said than done.
It really is sad not to see the offense not to run through the big man. This kid can go an entire half and not even touch the ball without going to get a rebound. The ball should intentionally go to him at least four times a quarter. I know the game has changed, but when you have an advantage at one position, you should take advantage of it.

I believe Alexander will figure it out. They should be able to come back and win the TVC this year.

Go Alex.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

spartans_fan wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:57 am
VetteMan wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:50 am I'm not surprised at all. I haven't seen Alexander in person this year, but last year I did see them 3or 4 games. Last year they didn't really play through Terry in the games that I watched either. They had a couple pretty good quick guards, and did shoot the 3 ball pretty well. I agree that he needs to be stronger, but sometimes that easier said than done.
It really is sad not to see the offense not to run through the big man. This kid can go an entire half and not even touch the ball without going to get a rebound. The ball should intentionally go to him at least four times a quarter. I know the game has changed, but when you have an advantage at one position, you should take advantage of it.

I believe Alexander will figure it out. They should be able to come back and win the TVC this year.

Go Alex.
They match up well with Athens. The TVC champion will be determined on Feb 1st. I do look for Vinton County to play spoiler for one of the two teams though. I don’t think any team will look forward to coming to Alexander to play. I just hope the officials don’t play a factor in teams losing there as history has shown.

Return to “Boys Basketball”