What’s The Best Game You’ve Ever Witnessed?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: What’s The Best Game You’ve Ever Witnessed?

Post by Raider6309 »

peake71 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:48 pm The game tonight between the Peake and Ironton will be remembered for awhile. Being down 20 in the 3rd and outscoring the Tigers 38-16 to win by two is a classic.
Reminds me of Athens vs Meigs this year. Athens was down by 24 or 26 mid way through the 3rd and somehow won. I made the remark at half to my Meigs buddy that we might have to break out the running clock :lol:

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

A series from 1990, Waterford vs. Beallsville.

Waterford won its first (only?) PVC title that year in a very competitive league race with several incredible come-from-behind wins and at least 5 wins by a single bucket. Early in the season, Waterford overcame 20-point deficits in two different games, one against Beallsville when they hit a 3 to tie with about 30 seconds left (IIRC) and then a put-back basket at the buzzer won it (might have been their only lead of the game). Similar story at Beallsville, where Waterford again overcame a double-digit deficit and ultimately won by two.

Teams met one more time in the Sectional Finals. Seems like this one was close throughout but Waterford again needed a late 3 to tie it up. Unfortunately, there were about 5 seconds left when they hit that shot and Beallsville made a wide open cherry-picked layup off a nearly full court pass at the buzzer to move on.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:37 pm
peake71 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:48 pm The game tonight between the Peake and Ironton will be remembered for awhile. Being down 20 in the 3rd and outscoring the Tigers 38-16 to win by two is a classic.
Reminds me of Athens vs Meigs this year. Athens was down by 24 or 26 mid way through the 3rd and somehow won. I made the remark at half to my Meigs buddy that we might have to break out the running clock :lol:
It was 26. Athens was down 41-15 with 5:35 to go in the 3rd quarter and won by 2.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Chillicothe and Libbey. I sat right in the middle of the Libbey section b/c they were the best seats available (but was obviously rooting for the CAVS). They were a very classy group and really knew the game...great day and memory.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles vs state ranked Summit Country Day. Beau Justices junior year I believe. Maybe 2014. Beau hit a 28 footer in Overtime for the win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”