Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg 1/18

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg 1/18

Post by Beergogglebluez »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:32 pm
trojan7 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:25 pm
Tater wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:04 pm I am sure that anyone that has coached for any amount of time at any level they have had some bad losses that they should not have had , but it comes bwith the territory a few losses and blow outs along the way does not take away from what Collins has done at Portsmouth.

And like I said look for yourselfs at Collins resemay in last 11 years and tell me who has a better one in that time frame , now remember I do know of a few so just saying.

We could go back to the days when Rick had this team and all the losing years
Well I totally agree there are bad losses and I have been apart of blowouts in my coaching career mostly being AAU. However I also know the success Coach Collins has had as I coached on Coach Collins’ staff for about 8 of those 11 years. As I also know how important beating Burg (rival) is to him as much as almost anyone else from Portsmouth. That’s why I said it was embarrassing or more the better word to say is shocking. I had a feeling Burg would win by 5-10 points but not that many. So before you go on and tell me I don’t know what that success is like you should get things straight first. I always hope for Portsmouth to do great and the standard had and should always be to get to Columbus.
If your standard for Portsmouth is to get to Columbus, you're gonna be waiting for awhile and disappointed in no matter who is coaching. Demographics have changed in Portsmouth. They're smaller now enrollment-wise than some county schools. With the current players coming from junior high and elementary, Columbus probably ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Athens (Districts most years, Regionals every couple of years) should be the new goal for Portsmouth.

As for Collins, he has done a great job at Portsmouth over the years, but the rumblings are out there. It will be interesting to see what direction Portsmouth goes in if the job does come open.*
It won’t go far. Every rumor I hear is his son will be next.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What about the JV coach?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Time to move on to the next game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”