Top Referees...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Top Referees...

Post by Ironman92 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:51 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:00 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:52 pm

A lot of times with 2 man, you tend to "reach" out of area and sometimes those things happen. Going back and forth between the two is not fun at all.
How often do you call out of your area with a 3 man crew? If you see your partner maybe out of position or you know he missed seeing something? Rarely ever? Only if I know 100%? Is there a standard way this is handled that pretty much all refs do?
The standard is a patient whistle and give your partner a chance to get something that "needs to be called". Some guys do not want you coming into their primary, but most want help if they don't catch something. Our main crew wants to get something called even if it isn't your primary, but each official has his own stance.
I like the patient whistle. Thanks for the actual insight. It interests me. Didn’t get to see you this season.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Top Referees...

Post by Crab's Brother »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:00 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:51 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:00 pm

How often do you call out of your area with a 3 man crew? If you see your partner maybe out of position or you know he missed seeing something? Rarely ever? Only if I know 100%? Is there a standard way this is handled that pretty much all refs do?
The standard is a patient whistle and give your partner a chance to get something that "needs to be called". Some guys do not want you coming into their primary, but most want help if they don't catch something. Our main crew wants to get something called even if it isn't your primary, but each official has his own stance.
I like the patient whistle. Thanks for the actual insight. It interests me. Didn’t get to see you this season.
Not a problem.

Yeah. We didn't make it up on the hill this regular season. Did 3-4 scrimmages there but no regular games. Still ran into a few of the coaches "along the way" though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”