Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Braves87
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Post by Braves87 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 pm FU lost to Amanda CC tonight 44-48 ... the Falcons have no bench ... struggle to score ... not the FU of past years ... I believe LE plays Amanda CC this week - will be interesting to compare results ... might tell us a little more about FU ...
Pfloyd,
We play Amanda Thursday night at LE and play Fairfield Union Friday night at FU. Should be a good test to see how the Braves handle two league opponents on back to back nights. Hopefully we can make it to 10-0!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Braves87 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:13 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 pm FU lost to Amanda CC tonight 44-48 ... the Falcons have no bench ... struggle to score ... not the FU of past years ... I believe LE plays Amanda CC this week - will be interesting to compare results ... might tell us a little more about FU ...
Pfloyd,
We play Amanda Thursday night at LE and play Fairfield Union Friday night at FU. Should be a good test to see how the Braves handle two league opponents on back to back nights. Hopefully we can make it to 10-0!
I'll have them both on my livestream ... good luck to my #1 Braves !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Federal Hocking 94
Southern 67

Final from Wednesday

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jackson comes from behind to get the W on the road @ Minford :

Jackson 47
Minford 44

Jackson:
Braxton Hammond 19
Drew Bragg 14
Evan Spires 7
Tristan Prater 4
Landon Erwin 2
Nate Woodard 1

Minford :
Trenton Zimmermann 18
Elijah Vogelson-Lewis 14
Matthew Risner 6
Adam Crank 4
Skylar Knore 2

3's :
Minford 4/17 ... Zimmermann 2, Vogelsong Lewis 2
Jackson 2/10 ... Bragg 2

... great game to watch on the livestream ... both teams played quality basketball ... came down to a couple of Falcon turnovers down the stretch that the Ironmen took advantage of - a big time 3 from Drew Bragg to give JHS a 45-44 lead with :28.2 seconds on the game clock ... followed by a Falcon turnover on an inbounds pass that led to 2 points in the paint by I believe Ewin ... MHS a miss on a long 3 ball to seal the Ironmen "W" ... great games by duos on both sides - Trenton Zimmermann (18) played an outstanding game getting to the rim for Minford along with his running mate Elijah Vogelsong-Lewis (14) for the Ironmen of Coach Morrow Braxton Hammond was unstoppable down low with the game high of 19 points to go with teammate Drew Bragg's 14 points ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I have these scores/games from last night 01/27/21 :

Jackson 47
MInford 44

New Boston 75
Greenup KY 64

Federal Hocking 94
Southern 67

anyone else play last night with their score slipping through the cracks ... maybe one of the MVL teams - Sheridan, New Lex ??? Crooksville ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:26 am I have these scores/games from last night 01/27/21 :

Jackson 47
MInford 44

New Boston 75
Greenup KY 64

Federal Hocking 94
Southern 67

anyone else play last night with their score slipping through the cracks ... maybe one of the MVL teams - Sheridan, New Lex ??? Crooksville ?
... just looked at arbiterlive Crooksville played Tri Valley last night - anyone have a score ?
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:29 am
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:26 am I have these scores/games from last night 01/27/21 :

Jackson 47
MInford 44

New Boston 75
Greenup KY 64

Federal Hocking 94
Southern 67

... just looked at arbitorlive Crooksville played Tri Valley last night - anyone have a score ?

... found the score and the livestream video - double gold ! - Crooksville lost to TV 51-76 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

We had the free livestream last night from Minford to watch Minford take Jackson down to the wire - great game to watch and do napkin stats for - announcers giving the rundown, doing both teams players - nice job ladies from Minford ! ... tonight Logan Elm entertains Amanda CC ... Amanda coming off of a 48-44 win over Fairfield Union Tuesday night ... the LE Braves of Coach Stiverson looking to keep rolling with an unblemished record into the weekend with their sights set on going undefeated into & through the seeding weekend next week ...

Logan Elm DOES do a free livestream of both their jv & varsity games ... great defense , motion offense from LE that shows the maturity of the best quartet of guards in SEO ... hopefully be able to do a game wrap up ... I don't have teh Amanda roster but will at least have numbers/stats for both sides ...

Logan Elm vs Amanda CC ... Thu 1/28 ... live from the Northwest Territories ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I’m so confused at that FU score after LE beat AC 46-19 tonight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:35 pm I’m so confused at that FU score after LE beat AC 46-19 tonight.
Basketball players who can score with anyone and lock up an offense with anyone....and a great coach.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:42 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:35 pm I’m so confused at that FU score after LE beat AC 46-19 tonight.
Basketball players who can score with anyone and lock up an offense with anyone....and a great coach.
Not surprised by anything LE does, I just meant FU losing to Amanda, mostly after beating them by like 46 earlier in the year

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:45 pm
Not surprised by anything LE does, I just meant FU losing to Amanda, mostly after beating them by like 46 earlier in the year
But 48-44 sounds like an FU score all day long

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan Elm 46
Amanda 19 a final

Quarter breakdown:

LE.............. 12 .... 26 ....41 ....46
Amanda ...... 03 .... 08 ....14 ....19

... Amanda CC beat Fairfield Union 48-44 Tuesday night ... Amanda CC had more turnovers than points after the 1st half of play (10-8 turnovers to points after 2 qtrs) ... LE took the air out of the ball in the final quarter of play - maturity, patience with the ball - the starters for LE didn't score in the final 8 minutes but only played 3 plus change in the 4th period ... Ugly ... Uglier ... Ugliest if you want to describe the Amanda CC game tonight ... could have called it after a half of action or let Amanda play on to get their 19 points while LE sat and held onto their 26 halftime points ... Logan Elm didn't have it's best perimeter shooting game by far going 5/19 from downtown ... but were able to take ACC off the dribble for 17 fgs/34 points at the rim for the night ... Logan Elm 46 Amanda Clear Creek 19 a final

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Amanda

Scoring ... Tayvon Miller 6, Clayton Rhyne 4, Cade Young 4, Lane Stevens 3,Andrew Hunter 2
3 pointers ... 1/13 ... Lane Stevens 1
FTs ....... 2/4
TOs ..... 16
PnP ... 7 fgs/ 14 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pbck ... 0

... Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Logan Elm

Scoring ... Isaac Ward 16, Tanner Holbert 8, Jeremy Wietlemann 7, Gabe Chalfin 6, Trace Smith 5, Jason Sailor 2, David Harden 2
3 Pointers ... 5/19 ... Tanner Holbert 2, Jeremy Wietlemann 1, Isaac Ward 1, Trace Smith 1
FTs ... 3/3
TOs ... 7
PnP ... 17 fgs/34 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/ 2 points in transition
Pbck ... 2fgs/ 4 points on putback buckets

... someone on another thread said something about Logan Elm NOT being a dominant TEAM in SEO this year ? ... if you have watched ANY of the LE games they have been totally dominant this year ! defensively smothering the opposition, even being undersized at every position - they crash the boards and for the most part it's one and done for opponents ... they turn the opposition over ... what has been impressive to me is the "maturity" on the offensive end of the floor - the patience with the ball , working their motion offense , looking for cutters, looking to penetrate out of the weave out front, cutting to draw defenders down from the 3 point line only to have the penetrator kick the ball back out ... or the penetrator off the wing throwing a baseline pass across court to the opposite corner for a 3 ... very few forced shots ... hard to get better than the TEAM at the Convo last season BUT Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert go 7 deep with no drop off at either end of the floor ... LE is my #1 and I'm sticking to it ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3 free throws for LE lol

Kiss my butt with that

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:45 pm
FU was missing its second best player from what I was told, but still....

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles back on the court tonight for game #7 of the year at home vs Leesburg Fairfield. Knock the rust off boys and restart the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:36 pm Peebles back on the court tonight for game #7 of the year at home vs Leesburg Fairfield. Knock the rust off boys and restart the season.
... best of luck to your Indians tonight Hoopie ! seems like forever since I read a Peebles final ANYWHERE ! have they had any practice time from quarantine to first game back ?!! ... crazy season for sure ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Got one practice in from what I heard. I think Thursday was first day off the Q.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:16 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:36 pm Peebles back on the court tonight for game #7 of the year at home vs Leesburg Fairfield. Knock the rust off boys and restart the season.
... best of luck to your Indians tonight Hoopie ! seems like forever since I read a Peebles final ANYWHERE ! have they had any practice time from quarantine to first game back ?!! ... crazy season for sure ...
Thx Pfloyd. I think one practice.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:16 pm
Peebles 57- Fairfield 54. Final. Burba with 22,McCoy with 14, Westley 8 ,Mills with 7 and several blocks and Johnson with 6. For Peebles. Zink had 22 for FF.

Return to “Boys Basketball”