Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: [== SCORES ==] -- Tuesday Dec-13

Post by Tigernation2021 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:29 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:41 am
transplant wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:45 pm Minford had a running clock on waverly. Not sure what the final ended up.
I believe the final was 69-32, Minford will win the SOC this year and probably the following 2 years just no one out there that's going to stop Montgomery.
4 teams capable of beating minford in conference.
Capable, maybe there's not 4 though and Minford has already put down Valley the team everyone was picking to win the SOC. Seen Burg wasn't impressed, Northwest not happening, Northwest put down West, haven't got to see South Webster Pirates yet but I'll be checking them out very soon.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: [== SCORES ==] -- Tuesday Dec-13

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:17 pm Kudos to pfloyd for trying to figure things out, because there are already some nuts scores.
We'll "git 'r dun" daniC !!! the teams are all playing up to their mo's really - the teams that are "rising" to the top have "answered" the pre-season questions that we had - ie. Gallia Academy - they have had "potential" the last couple seasons ... Clary inside was always going to be the center piece (pun intended) it was always going to be the surrounding cast that would make or break GAHS- Franklin/Fullure being offensive threats - they are ... transfer that adds to the mix to make them a TEAM ... South Point looked the "complete TEAM" in going into Fairland and taking that game right from the get-go... size, perimeter scoring, ballhandling - when they are on they can be/will be the best in the OVC ... Fairland - I still maintain that the Dragons have an outstanding starting 5 - they do! but in a league where they have to match up INSIDE - they don't have THAT guy in the paint on the boards - Buchannan and Allen are 2 of the best perimeter players in SEO - tough getting perimeter shots without the inside threat ... if the Dragons aren't hitting the 3 ball it's difficult to win games vs teams they don't matchup well against ... Fairfield Union - return all of their starters from last season - all good players, none outstanding offensive players - as a team, scoring "lots of points" is not part of their make-up - comes down to defense ... New Lex - I liked what I saw LAST year when Warren beat them by 20 AT Warren - lots of young "athletes" - good basketball players / good coaching staff that gets everything out of the players - NL is picking up where they left off - they have taken the step forward, gotten better -size, inside-outside scoring, tough defense - transition scoring ... NL has socred the ball BUT I'm just as impressed with the defense they have shown to have some really lopsided scores vs the Warrens, Morgans of the SEO hoops world ... Logan Elm has 3 starters out, Logan missing a starter, Ironton hasn't even tipped it off yet, Warren is missing it's big man in the middle due to injury ... Circleville is catching the committee's eye with the play of a couple of freshmen, Fairfield Leesburg has just continued it's D4 play from last season with new faces in the starting lineup, Minford is doing what we all expected led by Shoemaker and Montgomery ... Vinton County under 1st year coach Coach Nj Kight - playing outstanding ball at both ends of the court... staying in the TVC Alexander & Kyler D'Augustino excellent start to their season ... so many story lines out there that are continueing to play themselves out ... going to be fun!!!!

... like I posted daniC! - we've got this! all of the cliche's apply - "the cream rises to the top" ... " are they, contenders or pretenders" ... it's sorting itself out ... the committee of one - me- will sit down on Sunday, take over the kitchen island, spread out all of the game results, put on Pink Floyd in the earbuds AND come up with where it/he/I think teams are based on what has happened on the court from week one through Saturday night ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”