REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by wobycat »

Spalding22 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:56 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:29 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:58 pm

Well, the -12 doesn’t look so bad when they’re up 14, however, they seemed to tactically blow the lead for whatever reason. Look, I give a nod to the coaches and the players. Best I’ve seen them look all year. It was actually exciting to watch. I think they could figure out a way to preserve some of the leads they’ve had, but I’m not complaining. From bottom to the top, everyone from Webster put their best foot forward.

As for Burg, Lattimore played his tail off. Kid has heart. I still believe Webster is the better team 85 percent of the time. With that being said, I wouldn’t mind seeing them meet in the tournament.
No way. More like Burg is 85% better. Burg was not good at all last night, had three players sick all week, and spotted Webster two points to start the game with the warming up technical or Webster loses last night. Something some might be overlooking. Webster played really good and Bernard is definitely a plus but burg is the better team overall.
Woby,…no. Just no. 😂 I digress.

Thanks for the clarity, Art.
We wouldn’t be having this conversation if burg player doesn’t dunk the ball in warm up.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:30 pm

No way. More like Burg is 85% better. Burg was not good at all last night, had three players sick all week, and spotted Webster two points to start the game with the warming up technical or Webster loses last night. Something some might be overlooking. Webster played really good and Bernard is definitely a plus but burg is the better team overall.

We wouldn’t be having this conversation if burg player doesn’t dunk the ball in warm up.
What about the foul on Barnard at the end of the game that wasn’t necessary and Lattimore missing some free throws.what if Owen Mault got to re shoot his first free throw when the german shepherd ran out there and he made it. Except he didn’t. What if Norm wasn’t sick the first time Webster played Burg?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

What if the burg boy didn’t shove one of ours and get T’d up for two more points from Roberts.

Webster handled West pretty easily tonight too, heard they had burg on the ropes.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:56 pm

What about the foul on Barnard at the end of the game that wasn’t necessary and Lattimore missing some free throws.what if Owen Mault got to re shoot his first free throw when the german shepherd ran out there and he made it. Except he didn’t. What if Norm wasn’t sick the first time Webster played Burg?
You keep bringing up stuff that happened in the game. This was a gifted two points and the ball. Webster didn’t have up do anything to earn it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:57 pm What if the burg boy didn’t shove one of ours and get T’d up for two more points from Roberts.

Webster handled West pretty easily tonight too, heard they had burg on the ropes.
45-40 is handling them? SMH

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:40 pm

You keep bringing up stuff that happened in the game. This was a gifted two points and the ball. Webster didn’t have up do anything to earn it.
Let the butthurt flow

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:45 pm

Let the butthurt flow
Weird Reply. I suppose we will have to wait until the SOC race is over but currently Webster is behind Burg.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Man…pretty rough of you to be putting Burg’s homecoming loss entirely on one kid who’s a senior and playing his tail off this season. Sure he already feels bad enough about it.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:18 pm

Man…pretty rough of you to be putting Burg’s homecoming loss entirely on one kid who’s a senior and playing his tail off this season. Sure he already feels bad enough about it.*
Nah. Not putting the loss on him just using that to negate the argument of who has the better team. Webster kid still had to make the free throws. But they were gifted at the beginning and if they weren’t, this debate isn’t happening.

I’ve been openly complimentary of Webster. They have the best player in the league but overall team wise, I have burg ahead of them.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:55 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:45 pm

Let the butthurt flow
Weird Reply. I suppose we will have to wait until the SOC race is over but currently Webster is behind Burg.
And Burg just took an L at home to the team behind them. What’s your point? Burg won’t win out the rest of the conference schedule.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:57 pm What if the burg boy didn’t shove one of ours and get T’d up for two more points from Roberts.

Letting Swanker represent me the rest of the way in this thread. Agree with everything he just said.

Webster is 8-12 points better thank Burg when they are prepared (subjective), and whenever they decide to sure-up their ball security. Sometimes they just let it ride when they give their ball handlers breaks. Easily fixable. I’m sure they’ll have it fixed my tournament time, and maybe next week. They’ll have to tighten a few screws to beat Minford, and I think they can. Things are trending up for Webster, and they seem to be trending down for Burg.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Spalding22 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Letting Swanker represent me the rest of the way in this thread. Agree with everything he just said.

Webster is 8-12 points better thank Burg when they are prepared (subjective), and whenever they decide to sure-up their ball security. Sometimes they just let it ride when they give their ball handlers breaks. Easily fixable. I’m sure they’ll have it fixed my tournament time, and maybe next week. They’ll have to tighten a few screws to beat Minford, and I think they can. Things are trending up for Webster, and they seem to be trending down for Burg.
It’s just funny how the Burg fans talked that sh*# after beating us the first time without our head coach on very short notice, and have been on here stroking themselves up for beating a mediocre Portsmouth team and barely edging out Minford. Yet there’s been several other games Burg has lost and BARELY escaped with a win. And now Woby has equated the whole loss this time to 2 points as if Eli Didn’t have to step and make them, and not the lack of made free throws that Gimme 3 Steps Lattimore couldn’t hit when it mattered. Let alone all the other calls Burg got to help them back into it. Who calls a Tech after a monster dunk and a player yelling YEAH and nothing stupid or intimidating.

Fact is Wheelersburg is good but they weren’t much of any better than Webster or Minford. They won’t beat minford a 2nd time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:01 pm

It’s just funny how the Burg fans talked that sh*# after beating us the first time without our head coach on very short notice, and have been on here stroking themselves up for beating a mediocre Portsmouth team and barely edging out Minford. Yet there’s been several other games Burg has lost and BARELY escaped with a win. And now Woby has equated the whole loss this time to 2 points as if Eli Didn’t have to step and make them, and not the lack of made free throws that Gimme 3 Steps Lattimore couldn’t hit when it mattered. Let alone all the other calls Burg got to help them back into it. Who calls a Tech after a monster dunk and a player yelling YEAH and nothing stupid or intimidating.

Fact is Wheelersburg is good but they weren’t much of any better than Webster or Minford. They won’t beat minford a 2nd time.
Having an opinion that burg is better is not talking crap. It’s my observation of what I’ve seen. Free speech allows you to disagree. I mean you have somewhat of an argument, burg did split with Webster but…

iWebster was given a gift where they didn’t earn anything to take the free shots. They took advantage of it which was notable but if they don’t get to shoot those the win goes to burg where the actual competition took place.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Burg won game 1 by 10.
Webster won game 2 by 7.

And based on that, you think Webster is 8-12 points better? That is a true anal pluctation not based on reality.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Minford by 20 ! ! ! ! !

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:26 pm

Burg won game 1 by 10.
Webster won game 2 by 7.

And based on that, you think Webster is 8-12 points better? That is a true anal pluctation not based on reality.
More talent. Been up 12 and 14 at one point in each game. Coaches seemed to let them back in by not having the personnel in. Yes, with everything clicking, in my subjective opinion, it is not a hyperbole. Let it play out. Talk to me come tournament time.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Spalding22 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:03 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:26 pm

Burg won game 1 by 10.
Webster won game 2 by 7.

More talent. Been up 12 and 14 at one point in each game. Coaches seemed to let them back in by not having the personnel in. Yes, with everything clicking, in my subjective opinion, it is not a hyperbole. Let it play out. Talk to me come tournament time.
So anal pluctation it is. You should have just went with that because neither game has played out to Webster being an 8-12 point favorite, nor has SW’s performances versus West and Minford. After all, Burg did beat the Minford team that Webster lost to.

Based on results, these teams appear to be about even with Burg maybe having a slight edge right now with the Minford win.

And if Webster loses to Minford again, then the debate is over. Burg will be the better of the two teams, not based on opinion but on results. However, if Webster wins? Then maybe you can argue, with some facts, that Webster is equal to Burg.

As for tournament time, they are in different divisions. What will that prove?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Was you watching the same West and Webster game the rest of us watched? We was pretty much in that game the entire night. Had it down to 1 point in the 3rd and only lost by 5.

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 am

Was you watching the same West and Webster game the rest of us watched? We was pretty much in that game the entire night. Had it down to 1 point in the 3rd and only lost by 5.
Yeah I was there. Only lost by 5. It was 8 going into the last minute. Never once felt like Webster was in any real danger of losing even if it was cut to 1 at some point. Not saying West didn’t play a good game or got blowed out, handled is the appropriate word. Believe I heard on the radio PW shot about 29% from the field and got doubled up on rebounds. Webster’s shooting was around 65% I want to say. 9-20 from the free throw line. Maybe Matt Payton can chime in on that.

From the side I was sitting on it didn’t seem as exciting as the Winator and Burg fans are making it out to be.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 am

You have to understand that some of these Webster fans are living a different reality in their mind.

To them, the Minford and Burg games weren’t really loses since SW didn’t play their best. That SW is 8-12 points better than Burg despite losing to Burg by 10 and beating Burg by 7; again if only SW played their best. And that really SW, not Burg, should be #1 right now in the SOC if…

So of course they are going to see a 5 point win over West to be much greater than it was. Because if SW played their best, they would have beaten West much, much worse. West is lucky that SW even allows them to occupy the same court!

Return to “Boys Basketball”