Meigs @ Belpre 1/18

BELFAN4EVER
Waterboy

Post by BELFAN4EVER »

OTTERSLIDE as in your past post [you are not a basketball player] so I
would say you know nothing about the game. As far as my opinion on the so called coaches I hit a sore spot with you,maybe you are one of them,
If you are please tell me what kind of offense they are running and let the kids know also. And for me coaching, yes I have , this team has NO RESPECT for there coach. A team is a reflection of the coach no respect for the coach, no respect for the game. And for Lynch getting the ball more
he should , good things happen not turnovers.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

you people are ridiculous and borderline embarassing for Belpre :roll: :oops: :roll: I dont agree with anywhere close to everything that goes on between coaches and players and the way things are always handled. But this is no where near the time or place for that discussion. (try a board metting...even though I know thats nearly useless..).
and otterslide...you have said yourself that you're a wresting guy, not basketball, so how would you know whether or not someone is knowledgeable about the game?

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Flounder
Waterboy

Post by Flounder »

Belprefan4ever, not... If you our a fan then you would know that Belpre run's a motion offense against the man-man and a few set play's against the Zone. I don't think giving it to a guy that is shooting below 35% from the arc is the idea either. Again if you are a fan then you'll know the Coaches can only do so much....it starts at home where parents need to show their children what respect is, you don't think that the kid's that don't respect the coach's don't go home and do the same thing. If your child is one of them then SHAME on you not the coach's.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

BELFAN4EVER wrote:OTTERSLIDE as in your past post [you are not a basketball player] so I
would say you know nothing about the game. As far as my opinion on the so called coaches I hit a sore spot with you,maybe you are one of them,
If you are please tell me what kind of offense they are running and let the kids know also. And for me coaching, yes I have , this team has NO RESPECT for there coach. A team is a reflection of the coach no respect for the coach, no respect for the game. And for Lynch getting the ball more
he should , good things happen not turnovers.

I will make this easy for you. Come to the Lawton Gym during wrestling practice and ask for ole otterslide. or find me down at the baseball fields. I do coach. I know how the kids can act. I know the effort that these coaches put in. I also know that many of these kids whether football, baseball, basketball, or wrestling do not give 100%. But there are alot that give 110% and they know who they are.
Now show yourself. Who are you? Did you apply to coach basketball at Belpre? Did you volunteer any help? If not then you have no opinion that matters or counts.
Because I never played basketball doesn't mean I don't know basketball. Do you have to play the game to know the game? That is funny did Bob Costas play? Huh he seems to know quit a bit about the game.
If you are so upset about everything that is going on all I can say is address the coaches. Don't hide behind you comments on this site spouting off about nothing you can't back. If you aren't man enought to apply to coach the team or not willing to put in the time then shut it. If you can't address someone about the coaching staff then shut it. Secondly, if you can't look me up and say something to my face then shut it. It is easier said than done my friend. Easier to sit on that other side of the fence and bash others. If you were really a belpre fan then support your school, teachers, and coaches. You have a coach that hasn't even had a year under his belt and you haven't even given them a chance. They need time as well. I just seems their time table is not good enough for you.
Respect also comes from the home front. Take a look at most of the kids can't even make the grades to play half the time. They need to respect themselves first! How many kids have you seen on the floor playing cussing? I have seen it every game I have been too. Now tell me that is class and respect. I think you might want to look up the word Pride.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

otterslide i have been attacked for saying this but i will again, coaches know how to coach even if they do not know the sport. the most important talent in coaching is motivating kids to want to win. no one who wants to win will coach a team he knows nothing about.
respect needs to be given to every coach by the parents or they should go home. if you really cannot play for the coach then quit. if you are an athlete and the coach is reasonable, you can put it away for 2 months. look what it has done to us.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

I totally agree! I think you said it well. No attacks from me...lol

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Flounder, i think you need to look up your stats again...Lynch is shooting almost 40 percent from behind the arc this season. Last season he shot 46 percent on the year. He averages about 1 turnover a game, the team averages almost 19 or 20. Lets see 1 out of 20, 40 percent? Hmm, re-look your stats. Lynch should be getting 10-12 shots a game, as should tate and sims. And also, i would LOVE to know what kind of offense belpre was running against warren, try to take it to the hole and get blocked or turn it over? thats a good offense. Tate and Sims have to learn to stop forcing stuff and let the offense come to them.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

and otterslide, i bet you couldnt tell me the first thing about basketball. And another thing, wrestlers dont cuss? Cussing has nothing to do with pride, i bet you have cussed. Does that mean you have no pride? No, I have also seen players cuss, but usually they are cussing at themselves not at anyone else, not saying its ok, but its not like they are cussing at the other team or at there coaches.

Flounder
Waterboy

Post by Flounder »

Prodigy, my stats are right on, hey didn't you big time wrestle? (Cussing) Mad at yourself or not when coaches around the area notice it and fan's in the crowd notice it, then the young kid's on the front row hear it, that's not OK at all. You shouldn't say otherwise. Lynch has had his share of turnovers. His attitude alone on and off the court is poor. As for Warren, they lost 2 games in a row by 30 or more points, thay had something to prove and did. Like I said last week all you guy's downed the staff then they win 5 out of 6 and you say nothing. How would you know what offense is being runned, your too busy keeping so called stats. I'm with you otterslide some kid's don't know what playing 100% is... Have a nice day :lol:
Last edited by Flounder on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flounder
Waterboy

Post by Flounder »

Hey prodigy the paper doesn't even have Lynch shooting 40% from the arc!!! :-D

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Prodigy wrote:Flounder, i think you need to look up your stats again...Lynch is shooting almost 40 percent from behind the arc this season. Last season he shot 46 percent on the year. He averages about 1 turnover a game, the team averages almost 19 or 20. Lets see 1 out of 20, 40 percent? Hmm, re-look your stats. Lynch should be getting 10-12 shots a game, as should tate and sims. And also, i would LOVE to know what kind of offense belpre was running against warren, try to take it to the hole and get blocked or turn it over? thats a good offense. Tate and Sims have to learn to stop forcing stuff and let the offense come to them.

Lynch is a good 3 point shooter. I will give you that. I also think they force the ball more than they should. That I agree too. However, I have seen Lynch force alot of 3's way beyond and he has been way off. I see him also forcing threes when there is nobody under the basket. They all have their faults. I just don't see anyone on here thinking Lynch doesn't make mistakes. All I have seen about him is give him the ball. Is that a team concept? If I seen one of my kids cuss and it is blantantly obvious and I know others see it. Yes, I would put a stop to it. Cussing by a 15, 16 or 17 year old in the middle of the basketball court is very poor. Seeing this as a parent or a coach I would be greatly imbarresed. If I was the coach I would have them bench for the remainder of the game. Thus you have let down your team. If I was a parent and saw it I would be darn sure I would make sure my kid knows how they let me down as a parent in the public eye. (sorry bad spelling).
I think if everyone spent more effort in supporting the players and coaches like they spend time downing them we would have more of a team unity. All I can say is if someone has a better game plan and can do better we should see their letter of intent submitted to coach a team.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Prodigy wrote:and otterslide, i bet you couldnt tell me the first thing about basketball. And another thing, wrestlers dont cuss? Cussing has nothing to do with pride, i bet you have cussed. Does that mean you have no pride? No, I have also seen players cuss, but usually they are cussing at themselves not at anyone else, not saying its ok, but its not like they are cussing at the other team or at there coaches.

Anytime you want to have a show down in knowledge just let me know. Because by reading your comments and opinions I think you might lose...lol

Flounder
Waterboy

Post by Flounder »

Ditto that otterslide, seems like prodigy should be the next Coach seeming he has all the stats and gameplans.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Honestly, there is no point debating this topic any longer. It is like beating a dead horse. You have your opinions and I have mine. That is what this forum is about. I am just tired of the negativity that resides within Belpre. I just hope one day we can all join together and make things better.
Good luck to all the players, coaches, and fans. Eventhough I don't have a direct relationship in the sport of basketball within Belpre I know I will not be attending anymore games because I just don't want to be apart of the negativity.

jottings
SEOPS H

Fasteach...Where do the Meigs Jr. High Teams play?

Post by jottings »

Fasteach...Where do the Meigs Junior High teams (boys) play? I know there's the new Meigs Middle School building outside of Rutland, and the old Middleport Yellow Jacket gym, plus the Larry Morrison gym. Gallipolis' junior high teams are supposed to play at Meigs in makeup games this evening.

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

Jottings,

Jr Hi is up the hill from the high school ,,, can't miss it

bucknut2335
Waterboy

Post by bucknut2335 »

Jotings,

i believe the Jr High game is scheduled for Wednesday Night. At the Middle school.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

since you asked for me personally i will answer beecee is correct. the meigs middle school is just above the meigs high school. sorry about the wait this is my first break.

jottings
SEOPS H

Thanks

Post by jottings »

Thanks. Didn't know the district sold the old Middleport gym.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Flounder wrote: Lynch has had his share of turnovers. His attitude alone on and off the court is poor.....How would you know what offense is being runned, your too busy keeping so called stats. I'm with you otterslide some kid's don't know what playing 100% is... Have a nice day :lol:

Everyone turns the ball over, I'll give you that, just some do it more than others...
so you're telling me you know Lynch personally off the court...thats interesting, because I can tell you for a fact all that kid wants to do is win ball games. They win, he's happy, they get beat, he's not happy.

I hope you didnt go to Belpre :lol: ;-) , because I havent seen anyone "runned" any offenses. We might have ran an offense or 2, but runned...I dont think so ;-)

If you are implying that some of these kids arent giving 100%, PM me and let me know who you believe is/is not giving 100% because I'm interested to see who you think is not giving everything they have..

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST

Return to “Boys Basketball”