Vinton County @ Waterford

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Hoge, Strahler, and Lang have been waterford's top 3 scorers the last 2 games, where have Cunningham and Hendershot been??

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Someone stated, "Cunningham didn't play well either." That's because he was too busy being a student; Dut took him to school!

GO VIKES

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

[quote="VIKED_MAN"]Someone stated, "Cunningham didn't play well either." That's because he was too busy being a student; Dut took him to school!

Actually the reason he wasnt that effective is becuase he was on the bench in foul trouble, or when he was on the floor he was more worried about the officials than playing the game.

Billy Porter
Waterboy

Post by Billy Porter »

VIKED_MAN wrote:Someone stated, "Cunningham didn't play well either." That's because he was too busy being a student; Dut took him to school!

GO VIKES

Fed Hocks Corey Vales eat him up also.

A question for the Waterford fans. Why hasn't your coach benched this kid? Or has he? Obviously, he has some given ability but his attitude has to be destructive to the rest of a very well coached ball club. I know he was yanked in the second FH game after getting T'd up but I would think he should have set out some of your less important games.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

I would love to see Guthrie go against Derek Thompson of Fort Frye, those are the two best post players I've seen all year. Thompson had 35 against Worthington Christian Friday night.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

GO VIKES[/quote]
Fed Hocks Corey Vales eat him up also.

A question for the Waterford fans. Why hasn't your coach benched this kid? Or has he? Obviously, he has some given ability but his attitude has to be destructive to the rest of a very well coached ball club. I know he was yanked in the second FH game after getting T'd up but I would think he should have set out some of your less important games.[/quote]

He did get benched, he actually was playing decent in the first half. He didnt start becuase it was sr. night. Then when he came in he was playing decent, then early in the 2nd quarter i heard he mouthed off to simms and he was benched the rest of the half. He probably didnt play any more than 15 mins in this game.

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

throwitdown wrote:Actually the reason he wasnt that effective is becuase he was on the bench in foul trouble, or when he was on the floor he was more worried about the officials than playing the game.

No, actually throwitdown, he was on the bench in the first half because Waterford has a respectable coach. He was NOT in foul trouble in the first half. He was given an instruction by his coach, he mouthed off to the coach, and he was put on the bench for the remainder of the half. That is what a good coach should do, that is what your coach did.
I personally think the Cunningham kid has great skill and great potential, but he must first learn to keep his ears open and his mouth shut! That is also what earned him the "T".
Good luck to Waterford in the tourney run, they are a very good team and should go far.
Good luck to the Vikes! :lol: :twisted:

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

I haven't seen this kid play, but it sounds that there's litany of baggage that follows. Exactly how many times has he been "T'd Up" this year? I seriously hope things get better.

Best of luck to the Wildcats in the tourneys.

FrankieG wrote:he must first learn to keep his ears open and his mouth shut!

Great point FrankieG......I bet you'd be really good at teaching some young kids how to develop into exceptional players.....and respectful ones too. 8)

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

No, actually throwitdown, he was on the bench in the first half because Waterford has a respectable coach. He was NOT in foul trouble in the first half. He was given an instruction by his coach, he mouthed off to the coach, and he was put on the bench for the remainder of the half. That is what a good coach should do, that is what your coach did.
I personally think the Cunningham kid has great skill and great potential, but he must first learn to keep his ears open and his mouth shut! That is also what earned him the "T".
Good luck to Waterford in the tourney run, they are a very good team and should go far.
Good luck to the Vikes! :lol: :twisted:[/quote]

I never said he was in foul trouble in the first half. I meant he was in foul trouble in the 2nd half. I said he was benched in the first half becuase he wasnt being respectful to simms. You need to read my posts more carefully. But Simms did the right thing by benching him. I thought he handled the situation very well.

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Sorry, throwitdown. I was responding to your first post where you did not mention foul trouble in "second half", only that he sat for "foul trouble". I read your post with the utmost attention! You are just a faster typer than me. :cry: :lol:

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Ty Webb wrote:Great point FrankieG......I bet you'd be really good at teaching some young kids how to develop into exceptional players.....and respectful ones too. 8)

Thanks Ty, but just so you know, you are talking to the MRS.! 8) :mrgreen:

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

FrankieG wrote:Thanks Ty, but just so you know, you are talking to the MRS.! 8) :mrgreen:

Oh No....anything but the MRS. :shock: I can think of 30 reasons not to mess with the MRS. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”