I agree with you, tbb.

fanofsports
Waterboy

Re: Belpre (12-11) vs East (19-4) - DIV district semi-final

Post by fanofsports »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Mailman wrote:
fanofsports wrote:
Nobody was blaming the officials. If you'd have been at all all of the games and following the posts, you would know (or at least I would hope that you'd have enough sense to know) that the point being made is that the officiating styles in the games played the past two nights were in complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Even in the Belpre game tonight, the first quarter was physical with no fouls being called, then to start the second quarter, a combine 8 fouls were called in about two minutes. No consistency is the point being made. But since all of your posts towards Belpre are always negative, I wouldn't expect you to interpret the posts and the points any differently than you have here...
Agree completely!! The consistency in officiating is absolutely rediculous. Not only are games called different but quarters too. And 1 official calls nothing and another blows his whistle like it's going out of style!! All we want, coaches want, players want is consistency.
Same could be said for the consistency of basketball being played. Even though there have been some competitive games the last few days, it's been ugly and at time bad basketball, and bad basketball is hard to officiate, and at times hard to watch.
Of course "bad basketball" is sometimes hard to watch. However, your comments once again make it obvious you haven't been at these games you are commenting on. The games so far have been pretty darn good games and very enjoyable to watch. As far as consistency goes and comparing the consistency of an official and the consistency of the basketball being player, here's the difference: the basketball game is being played by KIDS while the officiating is being done by ADULTS who are getting paid for their services.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1 concerning consistency!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

fanofsports wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
Mailman wrote: Agree completely!! The consistency in officiating is absolutely rediculous. Not only are games called different but quarters too. And 1 official calls nothing and another blows his whistle like it's going out of style!! All we want, coaches want, players want is consistency.
Same could be said for the consistency of basketball being played. Even though there have been some competitive games the last few days, it's been ugly and at time bad basketball, and bad basketball is hard to officiate, and at times hard to watch.
Of course "bad basketball" is sometimes hard to watch. However, your comments once again make it obvious you haven't been at these games you are commenting on. The games so far have been pretty darn good games and very enjoyable to watch. As far as consistency goes and comparing the consistency of an official and the consistency of the basketball being player, here's the difference: the basketball game is being played by KIDS while the officiating is being done by ADULTS who are getting paid for their services.
As a basketball junkie, I've seen everyone of these games, and you missed my entire point, I said these games were close and entertaining, but to say they have been well played would suggest that you haven't paid attention. I'll easily bet your parking and admission that the DIV games have averaged 8-10 more turnovers than the DII games, which have been well played in comparison. Now before you go blowing a gasket, the kids are playing hard, the fans cheering their butts off and it's been fun. But there is a difference in a fun game and a well played game.

fanofsports
Waterboy

Post by fanofsports »

Well I don't have all the turnover totals from the entire tournament, but since this is the Belpre thread:

D2 championship game
Vinton County - 9 turnovers
Fairfield Union - 9 turnovers

D4 Belpre/East game
Belpre 9 turnovers
Sciotoville East 10 turnovers

Just saying...

Return to “Boys Basketball”