Warren 08-09

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Re: Warren 08-09

Post by warriiorfan »

:122246 heard he gave himself a concussion from hitting his head on the rim!?! :122248 used to happen to me all the time... ;-)

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

A Cambridge player rolled on Grant's elbow going after a loose ball and Grant hyper-extended his elbow. It didn't look serious and nothing was mentioned at church yesterday, so I imagine he will practice today.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

Another week of practice in Vincent and this team will be ready to explode with excitement before their first game next Wednesday. This is a team with little varsity experience outside Hebb and Venham, and their first two games are county rivals at home. It will be good to have the home fans behind them, but hopefully they dont come out too amped up. Itll be interesting to see who leads this team when the Coliseum gets rockin. However, they do have big talent in Hebb and a varsity quarterback in Ellenwood. The real question is how long it will be until Warren goes against someone who can man up Hebb. He's to tall to be defended by a guard and too quick to be defended by a big man. The Warriors should have loads of confidence going into this game...Final tuneup at Philo on Thursday i believe.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren's last tune-up is tomorrow at Philo. The scrimmage begins at 5:30p.Thus far the pre-season has gone very well. Reports out of practice indicate that they are working very hard (more conditioning than the players can remember from the last couple years). I also understand that things are really clicking too. Everyone is getting on the same page.

It will be interesting to see how Marietta does against Cambridge this Friday since that is a team that we have seen.

TT is right, it will be fun to watch this team respond to the Coliseum crowd. Should be FUN!

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Jonathan Hebb can play and will be a headache for any coach to defend. Warren should have a very nice squad this year with Hebb, Cunningham, Ellenwood, Fivecoait, Venham and Anderson. Warren loses a lot of seniors every year, but they seem to reload every year. Warren will be tough for anyone to play, they can all play and they all can jump and rebound. I look for Warren to be very talented this year and for Hebb to have a HUGE year in Vincent.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Word in Vincent after the Philo scrimmage was that the varsity boys didn't look so hot...they were talking about practice, morning AND afterschool.

Anyone have a recap?

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

No word on the scrimmage?

Return to “Boys Basketball”