Eastern @ Southern

hotchick
Waterboy

Re: Eastern @ Southern

Post by hotchick »

Howie and Jeff are first cousins. Their fathers are brothers.

Greatest Celtic #6
Waterboy

Post by Greatest Celtic #6 »

I smell bad wrote:Glouster-Trimble has 3816 wins. Many more than Southern. Of course, some of those are from Glouster high school, and some from Jacksonville-Trimble high school, all of those before consolidation. But as you Southern people pointed out, they all count. :122245

well i dont see them on the list so i guess they dont have 3816 wins in the state's eyes so it doesn't matter

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Well if you notice the list doesn't go above 2000. :122245

But a list you may be interested in is the one that lists TVC championships in the recent era. It has Southern listed at 0. So within the last 15 years Southern has no league championships. They do have a handful of guys that played 30 years ago who are still holding on to the past. But no championships since before any of the current players were born. :mrgreen:

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

KC Java wrote:
OldBlue wrote:Same school just changed the names.

Sorry, you are wrong. When Southern formed they added the kids from Syracuse who formerly would have attended Pomeroy HS. Therefore, the wins at the old Racine HS shouldnt be counted......

So essentially it was the same school just added kids and changed the name. Why would they not count them?

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

I agree old blue. That is why the 3816 wins Trimble has should be counted too, since it was essentially the same school, just added some kids and changed the name. :122245

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

Someone on here pointed out that Southern gained the kids from Syracuse that previously went to Pomeroy. Pomeroy closed, it was't that Southern went out to get those kids, it just happened! Sorry I smell bad, your fact are a little off.

Lets just say that Southern school district was to close, the kids attending their went to Eastern and Meigs, by your viewpoint Eastern and Meigs will have to start their win count back at 0.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

On the contrary, I say count them all. Trimble has 3816. Can anyone top that? :mrgreen:

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I smell bad wrote:On the contrary, I say count them all. Trimble has 3816. Can anyone top that? :mrgreen:

Doubt it. By my calculations that would be over 24 wins per year for the last 150 years. I doubt many games were played during the Civil War...

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

haha

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Kc there are alot of people who graduated at the old Racine High School who were from Syracuse and Minersville. So you are wrong. You need to get the facts straight,not just make up some fictional story. 1235 fact! You can actually look that up.3816 fiction, where is this record listed at.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

G W McLintock wrote:
I smell bad wrote:On the contrary, I say count them all. Trimble has 3816. Can anyone top that? :mrgreen:

Doubt it. By my calculations that would be over 24 wins per year for the last 150 years. I doubt many games were played during the Civil War...

Footnote: Basketball was invented by James Naismith in 1891. So I guess we are only looking at 117 possible years or in other words - 32.6 wins per year.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Good point GW.....I think someone is just envious of a winning history!

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I hear crickets. Can anybody else hear them?

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

G W McLintock wrote:
G W McLintock wrote:

Footnote: Basketball was invented by James Naismith in 1891. So I guess we are only looking at 117 possible years or in other words - 32.6 wins per year.

I did a little research myself and found out most local teams did not start playing basketball until arouund the 1918's. And they only played around 8 to 10 games a year back then. 28 games a year is about as many as you can play now days. I am no math whiz, but 3816 just does not add up.Something sure does smell bad. I think it may be a whole lot of b.s

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

But you guys are discounting the other schools that helped form the current high school. :122245 Remeber you said all those games should count, not me. Also, lets look at league titles won in the last 15 years. Better yet, lets look at TVC championships won. Since Southern has never won a TVC championship, I don't think anyone up this way is envious of their history. Atleast not since any of the current players were born.

I am however impressed with GW's ability to google. WOW that is something to see. His fetish with crickets baffles me however. But since his basketball team has been practicing while Trimble has been in the football playoffs maybe he has taken up a new passtime of playing with insects. :mrgreen:

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

OldBlue wrote:
KC Java wrote:
OldBlue wrote:Same school just changed the names.

Sorry, you are wrong. When Southern formed they added the kids from Syracuse who formerly would have attended Pomeroy HS. Therefore, the wins at the old Racine HS shouldnt be counted......

So essentially it was the same school just added kids and changed the name. Why would they not count them?

I hear the University of Rio Grande has a remedial class in reading comprehension. You should give it some thought. The kids at Syracuse went to Pomeroy which is now part of MEIGS. In fact, getting those kids is probably the main reason Southern has had any success at all. If those kids had stayed at Meigs, NO ONE would be talking about purple. Everyone knows kids from Racine cant play.....

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Good to see Smelly and Koondoggie back from vacation. I was worried, thought maybe you guys flew the coop with the White Russian to NY.

I guess it's official now that 'dogger is driving the convertible...

As for Google, it's really easy. Maybe someone can help you do it.

Your quote:
"But you guys are discounting the other schools that helped form the current high school."

Okay let's look at your claim of 3816 wins. If we assume Trimble has averaged 20 wins per year (which they haven't) since consolidation that would be close to 1,000 which leaves 2,816 for JT and Glouster to have accumulated from 1891 to 1950 (59 years). So JT and Glouster would have each averaged 29.5 wins per year? Or maybe you are counting Little Italy, Hollister and Redtown?

Just admit you made the number up to stir up the Racine faithful and I will let it go.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Cobra wrote:Someone on here pointed out that Southern gained the kids from Syracuse that previously went to Pomeroy. Pomeroy closed, it was't that Southern went out to get those kids, it just happened! Sorry I smell bad, your fact are a little off.

Lets just say that Southern school district was to close, the kids attending their went to Eastern and Meigs, by your viewpoint Eastern and Meigs will have to start their win count back at 0.

You are the one whose facts are WAY OFF. Pomeroy became part of Meigs but gave the Syracuse area to Southern. If Meigs had kept syracuse, none of those kids would have attended Southern, they would have attended Meigs. Therefore, the win total should nt count......I dont expect people who are still living in 82 to understand this as it is their ONLY claim to athletic fame.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

I did some googling myself about the great sport of roundball. Here is what I have learned. Trimble has 762 wins in its history. JT had 355 and glouster had 343. that gives the Trimble a grand total of 1,460 wins. If we are gonna count all the wins then Trimble is way ahead of Southern. Also, I found a website that described how James Naismith was on vacation in Redtown visiting his family (the Holbert family) and actually stole the idea for basketball from them. The kids in the glouster atea had been playing basketball since 1871 on an intramural level. I wonder if we should count those wins too.

Is Southern counting wins from all those undefeated JH teams they have had? Oh wiat, thats football... :lol:

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

GW I don't hear crickets but I do see some dump people posting. Maybe we should get them a tutor so they
can learn how to Google.

Return to “Boys Basketball”