SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens head coaching position

Post by Raider6309 »

I like the hire. A lot of people I know like him

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

LOL, they took the least qualified candidate. But hey, board members get free lessons.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

BE aware Logan tried that with a football coach a few years ago what a failure that was!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens 2016-2017
12/3 @Fairfield Christain
12/9 @River Valley
12/10 @Big E Classic in Fairland
12/13 Vinton County
12/16 @Nelsonville York
12/17 Jackson
12/20 Alexander
12/27 Logan Elm
1/3 Marietta
1/6 Meigs
1/10 Parkersburg
1/13 @Wellston
1/14 @Beast of the Southeast in Chesapeake
1/17 @New Lexington
1/24 River Valley
1/27 @Vinton County
1/31 @Meigs
2/3 Wellston
2/4 Bishop Watterson
2/7 @Alexander
2/17 Nelsonville York

Open for 1 game. Guessing Warren. Warren doesn't have anything up on the new site
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:I was told today Cozart landed the job. Haven't seen confirmation via an announcement from school, but I trust my source.

That's funny, you guys hired a Biddy Ball Coach who lets a school board member have free access at his gym. Only thing better would be if the guy also has a kid on the team. If you think a peewee coach will survive in DII, good luck and GO BLUE
Not sure how much attention you pay to Girls High School Basketball, But John Burdette was A Biddy Ball Coach for many years, was with the Lady Eagles State Champion Team all the way from 4th Grade.

No I don't think this will be the result in Athens and at the DII level, but just pointing out you can't knock Biddy League Coaches, Cause there is many that knows what they are doing.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
thebarlowbandit
All State

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe just 12 months ago when the girls job was open, they wouldn't hire this guy and now all the sudden they hire him for the boys job????? That makes this even a bit more puzzling.

thebarlowbandit
All State

ma77ox wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:I was told today Cozart landed the job. Haven't seen confirmation via an announcement from school, but I trust my source.

That's funny, you guys hired a Biddy Ball Coach who lets a school board member have free access at his gym. Only thing better would be if the guy also has a kid on the team. If you think a peewee coach will survive in DII, good luck and GO BLUE
Not sure how much attention you pay to Girls High School Basketball, But John Burdette was A Biddy Ball Coach for many years, was with the Lady Eagles State Champion Team all the way from 4th Grade.

No I don't think this will be the result in Athens and at the DII level, but just pointing out you can't knock Biddy League Coaches, Cause there is many that knows what they are doing.

Burdette is a good one for sure, was a solid recruiter as well. But I challenge you to defend your term of "there are many". You name ONE, how about coming up with a few more since they are many.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe just 12 months ago when the girls job was open, they wouldn't hire this guy and now all the sudden they hire him for the boys job????? That makes this even a bit more puzzling.
I like this hire. So does the Cadillac. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Ground Buck wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe just 12 months ago when the girls job was open, they wouldn't hire this guy and now all the sudden they hire him for the boys job????? That makes this even a bit more puzzling.
Guarantee they still beat the Cadillac. In fact, it's more like a Chevette. Year after year it's the chevette's job. Sub 500 every year is what they strive for over there don't they. We love that Chevette is still coaching lol

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Corso wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
Guarantee they still beat the Cadillac. In fact, it's more like a Chevette. Year after year it's the chevette's job. Sub 500 every year is what they strive for over there don't they. We love that Chevette is still coaching lol
May be, but the Cadillac, or even a Chevette, can out coach the typical Pee Wee coach. Matt Combs is loving it too. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Ground Buck wrote:
Corso wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
May be, but the Cadillac, or even a Chevette, can out coach the typical Pee Wee coach. Matt Combs is loving it too. :mrgreen:
Idk about Chevette. Have to c it

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Great hire by Athens! Thank you from the rest of the TVC Ohio. You just put a big "Texas smile" on their faces. :mrgreen:

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

NY Tomcat wrote:Great hire by Athens! Thank you from the rest of the TVC Ohio. You just put a big "Texas smile" on their faces. :mrgreen:
Not sure about that, Athens still has the best player in the league in Lutz. He will help the transition to a new coach much easier.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

spartans_fan wrote:
NY Tomcat wrote:Great hire by Athens! Thank you from the rest of the TVC Ohio. You just put a big "Texas smile" on their faces. :mrgreen:
Not sure about that, Athens still has the best player in the league in Lutz. He will help the transition to a new coach much easier.
Athens has more than just the best player in the league. Nobody will be smiling when its their night to play the 'Dogs.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

93Bulldog wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:
Athens has more than just the best player in the league. Nobody will be smiling when its their night to play the 'Dogs.
The odds are better now than before the hire. :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”