Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

jeep80
Varsity

Re: Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

Post by jeep80 »

I think it's time we all moved on from this thread. Too many out of control emotions when there shouldn't be.

bash
Riding the Bench

Post by bash »

what i read all the time is people post on here how bad officiating was or we made to many turn-overs or the coach shouldn't have done what he done.....Instead of saying we were out played by a better team TONIGHT/DAY.Oak hill is for real.South Webster is for real but the oaks were a little better for that game and maybe they are just better all around.Give credit and no excuses.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

swbiddyball: The Jeeps gets smoked by 20pts on their home court and they should have won this game? They were never even close to competitive from the second quarter on. Yeah, they could've attacked the zone better, but I still don't think that makes up a 20pt. deficit. If you really believe Webster should've won last night, then I'm embarrassed for YOU at this point.

mighty oaks fan/iwearblacknikes: believe me when I say that the Webster fans who know anything about the game know for a fact the better team won last night.*

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

Wow...I can't believe some of the posts from both sides of the argument...I like what Jeep80 said, Oak Hill is just better, but we can learn from this and use this experience for the post season when it matters. And to iwearblacknikes: We do actually live for die by the 3. If we are hitting the 3 you better watch out, if we aren't we don't know when to stop. I say Coach Ater will fix this before the post season, Wes Loop is too strong to not be driving more than he does. With him and Connor taking it to the basket, they could put some people in foul trouble.

And Mr. Howell, I would just be glad the scare of Anthrax is over, for that was just plain stupid.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

I would just like to say congrats to both teams!! The better team came out on top but i'm sure the jeeps will learn from last nights game and be ready for Oak Hills tough defense on their next meeting! Some people need to remember that Oak Hill is the reigning state champion returning 3 of their starters with a few very good players stepping up... they made the adjustments needed and made a complete turn a round from the beginning of the season!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Swanker Pine wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:Biggest game at Webster since Burg visited in the 2006 season. I don't know if the crowd Friday night will be that big, but it should be close. Hopefully the Jeeps keep focused and keep playing like they have. If they can match Oak Hill's physical play inside, I think the Jeeps will have a shot. If they get killed on the boards, no chance.*

[warning - one or more of the following statements may contain excessive sarcasm. don't get your panties in a knot OH fans]

I was there... maximum occupancy was defiantly exceeded.

anyway, tomorrow night, Scott drops 47, Loop boys combine for 69 points, Sutton throws it down 4 times with 6 1/2 blocks on the side, Wright also gets some playing time... :lol:

Oak Hill might as well stay home ;-)

further proof you Oak Hill fans take things way to serious. cry me a river.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny. I don't think its Oak Hill thats has their "panties in a knot" :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I'd rather have my boxers in a knot than my thumb in my bum like SW did last night around the 3 line. :lol:

Can't score if you don't shoot.

Jeeps need to put Lance Swords on varsity too.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Swanker Pine wrote:Jeeps in this one.. Oak Hill aint even about to come up in our house and beat us. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ..... :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Beatdown

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

what goes around comes around.

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

Congratulations to Oak Hill!!! I am a Panther fan and I am rooting for Oak Hill all the way. A great group of athletes. Keep up the good work.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

swanker, ball, sunday night...6:00...i'll give you more details on FB...but its gonna be the sshhiizzzzzzz...oh yeah, go jeeps!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SWbaseballFan wrote:swanker, ball, sunday night...6:00...i'll give you more details on FB...but its gonna be the sshhiizzzzzzz...oh yeah, go jeeps!!!

I'll be there. you might learn a thing or two after i break your ankles on the crossover.

thompsont2
Waterboy

Post by thompsont2 »

ok i have been to just about as many jeep games as ne one on seops and the jeeps are tough, i dont think that they could make hardly any noise in d3 but d4 they could def make a nice tourney run.....as for the game it came down to one thing OAK HILL was the better team......everyone has their off night but jeeps keep up your head....aters first year and your 9-2 hahaha thats nuts unheard of..... tough bunch of kids keep your heads up you played a tough oak hill team.... LETS MAKE SOME NOISE WHEN TOURNEY TIME ROLLS AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!! and best of luck to oak hill

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I think after Ater realized Oak Hill was cash from anywhere in the first quarter, he wanted to slow the game way down, HOLGATE style. Thing is, for that to work, you have to make your shots and no turnovers... which didn't happen as you can see. If they can employ this strategy next time and make some shots, it will be a closer ball game. Oaks were just to hot tonight, from anywhere on the floor.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

Amazing! Suddenly a few experts from the stands think that they know more than the coach (Ater). Could it be possible that the coach knew that his team couldn't match up and he was trying to just keep the game under some degree of control? I find it a little disgusting that this team is ressurected from the ashes and you can't be more realistic and supportive of them and their efforts. Of course there were things that, in your observations or opinions, might have not been executed as you would have expected. They might be true or not. And you certainly have the right to make those observations and give opinions. However, I don't think you are accomplishing anything by bashing your team or coach. They are 9-2 for goodness sake! They are going to be formidible in the D4 tournament. Why don't you wait to bash them when they are playing among their own division when or if they lose in the tournament, geesh. Anyone with a brain has to know that Oak Hill is a better team. Beating Oak Hill would have been considered nothing more or less a major upset! The SOCII could very well see two teams (Division III & IV) go very deep in the tournaments. You should be proud. BTW, How in the world is SW in the SOCII league and not the SOCI? I have always wondered that.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

manxious: good post. I would think all Webster fans would have taken a 9-2 start before the season started, so to be up in arms just because of getting hammered at home by 2 solid teams is beyond me.

Also, Webster used to be in the same league with alot of the SOC I schools, but went to SOC II in 1992, I believe. Webster was a D3 school then so it wasn't such a step up. But over the years, their enrollment has kept decreasing and they are now the only D4 team in SOC II (Oak Hill was for the last 2 years before moving back up to D3). Even so, I would rather the Jeeps stay in SOC II even if it means more regular season losses (and alot less league championships) as they are better prepared for the D4 tournament than the SOC I schools.*

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

After removing the preverbial foot from my mouth, I would like to apologize to any of my fellow Jeep fans, players, coaches , and especially parents. I would also like to apologize to the Oak Hill fans. Sometimes you say harsh things that should not be said. Both teams South Webster and Oak Hill are awesome teams with determined players and great coaches. They are doing a better job than I could do or dream of doing. I hope both teams go far and do well in the tournaments. Maybe one team has more talent in one area than the other or vise versa, but any team can win on any given night. With that being said, I do again apologize if anyone was offended by my posts. Good Luck Jeeps and Oaks. All the way.
P.S. We always get the question, what's a Jeep? My question is, what's an Oak? Besides a tree of course. Just asking....

HotChickenWings
Waterboy

Post by HotChickenWings »

What is an Oak? You're right. A tree. Known for it's strength.
What is a Jeep? For those who remember this old cartoon. Then, you may remember Popeye's little friend...

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

jeep80
Your right we do need to move on. We are never going to agree!

Go Jeeps!

Return to “Boys Basketball”