Varsity

Re: #1 South Webster vs. #5 Fairfield 3/2 @ Valley

Post by Bucknut27 »

Congrats South Webster.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

the convo is practicly home court advantage as much as webster gets to play there

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Way to go Jeeps! Keep it going! :aaaaa93

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great game to watch. Fairfield was alot more athletic than I expected. They played an active 2-3 zone most of the game which caused the Jeeps some problems. In the end, Webster maintained their composure and took care of business. Trevor Queen was huge for the Jeeps in the second half. I thought Austin Loop played good as well. On to the Convo next week against Racine Southern...should be another good one.*

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Fairfield was a very scrappy and chippy team. Physical play rattled the boys a little tonight.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Convo!

No net cutting though? :sad:

Queen was big considering he took a shot under the eye earlier first quarter which I'm sure felt like a bomb.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Great game tonight..got our moneys worth! I personally thought both teams were very evenly matched, luckily we just happened to get the "w". Can't wait to get to the convo..I love that place!! Practice hard boys!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

jeepmadness: yep...Fairfield was pretty chippy and the refs' inconsistent whistles in the second half made things real salty. But this was a tough, grind-it-out win for the Jeeps that will serve them well down the road.*

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

I haven't seen the Jeeps play but I have heard they were a very good ball team. I have been to a few of the Fairfield games and they must have really improved in the last 3 weeks or the Jeeps didn't play up to their reputation. I know you never know about tournament but I can't believe that Fairfield improved that much.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

ticklethetwine wrote:I haven't seen the Jeeps play but I have heard they were a very good ball team. I have been to a few of the Fairfield games and they must have really improved in the last 3 weeks or the Jeeps didn't play up to their reputation. I know you never know about tournament but I can't believe that Fairfield improved that much.

Jeeps haven't played that well the first 2 tournament games...I don't know if it was a couple cases of the jitters, being the team with the target on its back, or what it was...But I'd say they will improve once they set foot on the Convo hardwood*....

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

I dont know dimedrop4, that is pretty much the webster team I have watched all year. Having to make pretty tough shots all game long and winning the game in the stretch. I dont look for it to be any different at the convo. Games will be even tighter here on out.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I believe that the Jeeps have had a wonderful season. Hard to believe they are 17-3 (with make-up games Thursday and Friday) and are heading to the Convo. 3 wins 2 years ago and a first game exit---4 wins last year and a sectional final exit. I hope that 2004-2006 didn't spoil some of our Jeep Fans---We hadn't won a game at the convo before 2004 and I don't believe had won 17 games either. We just simply find ways to win. Trevor Queen has grown up to become a man---loved what he said in the paper today. Austin Loop always seems to step up when Connor and Wes are struggling scoring the ball. Wes did not force any shots last night and I am not sure if he shot more than once in the second half. Brandon Malone might have played his best game as a Jeep last night! Joshua Wright, David Sutton and Ashton Miller all contributed as well....It is a pleasure to watch this TEAM!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Good job Jeeps. Good luck at the Convo!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Any word on the make-up games Thursday and Friday? Will they be re-scheduled since the Jeeps are still in the tournament and play on the 9th?

Kalicat
Riding the Bench

Post by Kalicat »

Well said in your post "svbt1112" I agree. Win or lose this next one we've had a great season. We have played some very tough teams who were more experienced and came out with the win. I think it is very rewarding for our guys who have played hard all season to even get to the convo. They will be excited and want to do well. But they're kids and will make some mistakes! Let's take one game at a time now. Southern sounds like a tough opponent. I'm just happy to be there and get the chance to move on. Let's all really get behind the team, show support, and encouragement.

Return to “Boys Basketball”