d-4 tourny drawings

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Re: d-4 tourny drawings

Post by CoachClaytor »

jimmy chipwood wrote:
sparky wrote:chipwood,
where did you get your info on 2000 and 2004 where the shl schools weren't in the same sectional? when did latham leave the shl for the soc?

It was 2000 and 2003 - unless I read the brackets wrong.

http://www.seodab.org/boys_basketball.htm

http://ohsaa.org/sports/bk/boys/tourn00/d4a.htm

I forgot how much success Whiteoak had in the early/mid 2000's. Impressive!

I could be wrong but I think Western left in 2002. There was a year or two where Peebles and North Adams were in D4 but I was only looking for WO,FF, and MHS.
Westerns Last season in the SHL was the 2001-2002 Season. Began playing in the SOC the following season. They joined the SHL for the 84-85 season.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

futurebkstar wrote: Miller will beat them in the tourney???
Are you just a coach at South Gallia or do you teach, too? This quoted statement isn't a question and doesn't require question marks. I hope you don't teach English.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

You didn't point out the blowout eastern put on south gallia AT south gallia

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia was without their leading scorer that night and eastern is tough. Nope not a teacher at all. Answer the question
Last edited by Futurebkstar on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

KingJames wrote:You didn't point out the blowout eastern put on south gallia AT south gallia
futurebkstar wrote:South Gallia was without their leafing scorer that night and eastern is tough. Nope not a teacher at all. Answer the question
Were they without their "leafing scorer" during the game I watched Trimble blowing them out on TV too? I read somewhere on here about you guys having players running through brick walls there at SG. Is that the reason they are losing some of these games? Cause I know a lot of people said SG beat Eastern and Trimble when those two had some of their best teams ever, and that they would therefore compete well in the TVC. Just askin.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Actually, SG did lose by 17 at home against Trimble without our leading scorer. The 2nd time we played at Trimble we lost by 9 points. Trimble has a nice team and the best post player in the tvc. No argument there besides st Joe would get hammered in the tvc. Just my opinion.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

futurebkstar wrote:Actually, SG did lose by 17 at home against Trimble without our leading scorer. The 2nd time we played at Trimble we lost by 9 points. Trimble has a nice team and the best post player in the tvc. No argument there besides st Joe would get hammered in the tvc. Just my opinion.

Yea I remember some SG fans saying they lost the first time without their best player, and couldn't wait till next time cause they thought the outcome would be different. How many did the leading scorer get at Trimble? Also, about the brick wall question? Is that why the "leafing scorer" missed the first game with Trimble?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

sparky wrote:chipwood,
fairfield, whiteoak, and manchester have gone to valley as long as i can remember.

I was just going by the OHSAA website that I posted above for 2000. Did you click on it? It has Whiteoak in the AThens #2 District and Fairfield and Manchester in the AThens #1 District? Check it out and explain please. Obviously, you are right I was just confused by the brackets but I think I understand now - the brackets pick up at the District level and certain sectional winners went to Athens #1 and some went to Athens #2 - at least for 2000. Not sure about 2003.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Yes SG's leading scorer was out with the flu against Trimble. Trimble's big had only 15 but sit out over a quarter with foul trouble and south gallia had a kid that scored 10. Trmble held the ball the whole 3rd quarter. It was a very low scoring game. We don't match up well against Guthrie. He is a beast!!!

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

futurebkstar wrote: Nope not a teacher at all.
I didn't think so. You are welcome for the correction with the punctuation.

futurebkstar wrote:Answer the question
Ok, I will.

1) SJ's has winning record
2) SJ has won 8 of their 10 games on visiting or neutral floor
3) SJ has won 7 of last 9 games
4) At full strength, I still believe SJ is better than SG, right now, despite the two losses to SG

just my opinion

RiverValley93
Riding the Bench

Post by RiverValley93 »

Trimble would destroy st Joe by 30+. Miller only has one win and it didn't come in the tvc. But last place miller will beat st Joe and then we all can appreciate the seedings. St Joe might split with miller in the tvc but wouldn't beat anyone else!

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

RiverValley93 wrote: St Joe might split with miller in the tvc but wouldn't beat anyone else!
Really? Isn't Wellston in the TVC? SJ beat them at Wellston this season. Hmmmmmmm

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

chipwood,
i am pretty sure that all 3 went to valley for the sectional but after winning went to different brackets in the district.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Vision Quest wrote:
RiverValley93 wrote: St Joe might split with miller in the tvc but wouldn't beat anyone else!
Really? Isn't Wellston in the TVC? SJ beat them at Wellston this season. Hmmmmmmm
Yes but wasn't that before Wellstons coach went out and recruited some players to come out after the season was half over? I think with those new players they have won some games that they would not have won earlier in the season. If I am not mistaken.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

ISJ played Wellston on Feb 1st. Not sure of all the hate for ISJ, we got seeded where you all wanted but RV93 and futurebsk feel the need to hammer ISJ with every post. ISJ plays a solid schedule and with only 26 boys in the entire school, I think they did pretty dang well. As far the tournament goes ISJ will show up ready to play both Miller and Eastern Meigs.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

RiverValley93 wrote:But last place miller will beat st Joe and then we all can appreciate the seedings./quote]
futurebkstar wrote:Miller will beat them in the tourney....
I am confident enough that St. Joe will beat Miller that I will make a little wager if the two of you are willing. If St. Joe loses, I will turn in my password and never post on SEOP again. Are you guys willing to do the same?

Vision Quest gave all the reasons that I would have given as to why St. Joe deserved a better seed but I didn't feel they would get seeded higher than #8 because of the process.

I do find it funny how a certain SG supporter is counting "good losses" on the SG resume' as well as the ever-popular "Yeah we got beat but our best player didn't play". How weak.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Green and Notre Dame... Green and Notre Dame

RiverValley93
Riding the Bench

Post by RiverValley93 »

Actually Wellston isn't in the TVC Hocking. I have respect for Wellston but they wouldn't do well in the hocking this year. You guys sound upset that ST. Joe didnt get a higher seeding. It had nothing to do with the TVC because it had to do with strength of schedule, quality wins, and cry babies. I will collect some stats about both teams and get back to you.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

You are so confident you quickly make your prediction but when asked to back it up your respond with
RiverValley93 wrote:I will collect some stats about both teams and get back to you.
Pretty weak.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

I don't really see where ISJ has a gripe. After getting beat twice by SG it would have been hard to put ISJ ahead of SG. The only team I could see having a gripe would be Trimble, who had a better record than Waterford and beat Waterford badly the last time they played. Miller is getting better so ISJ should worry about Miller and not the draw.

Return to “Boys Basketball”