(7) South Webster vs. (2) Racine Southern

celticpride
Freshman Team

Re: (7) South Webster vs. (2) Racine Southern

Post by celticpride »

Very tough loss for Southern because they were in total control of the game for 3 quarters. Actually seemed like they should have had a bigger lead at halftime, but they came out of the gate and extended the lead to 15 I believe. South Webster's other players beside Blevins stepped up and made big shots, while Southern missed a few inside and had a couple turnovers proving very costly. Meigs sectional proved to be very balanced with the only one blowout being the 4 vs. 5.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Southern pushed the lead to 35-21 with 8 quick points to start the second half. SW timeout at 6:26 of 3rd. They scored 9 points over the last 14:26.

I think their last 6 came from the foul line. I know all 4 in the 4th quarter did. But I also think they hit 2 foul shots at the very end of the 3rd quarter to push the lead to 40-28.

Therefore, maybe 1 FG over last 14:26?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

The converted alley-oop turned out to be the big spark that mounted the comeback for the Jeeps. Turned out to be a great call by Coach Cole

Making offers you can't refuse
Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

To me it seemed that blevins wasn't really involved or interested the first 3 quarters. So I believe that Cole knew exactly how to get him involved and fired up with his set play for ally oop for the 2 handed jam to start the fourth quarter. Wow!
Southern played really well especially the baker kid. Some missed shots and turnovers proved costly for them in the 4th.

Return to “Boys Basketball”