Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

McClainTigerfan
Waterboy

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Post by McClainTigerfan »

Greenfield just beat Chillicothe ... makes them 3-0 since losing Badgley!!

That D2 Sectional/District is going to be brutal to get out of this year!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

With so many teams under quarantine this weekend - here are some fun facts as we gear up for the home stretch in TVC boys basketball. As it stands right now, the Belpre Golden Eagles are the only team who have been able to navigate the season with little to no hiccups. They are currently (9-8) and have been able to play the majority of their scheduled contests. The 17 total games are the most of any team in the TVC - and they are on pace to be the only team to complete a full 22 game schedule. Athens, Nelsonville-York and Federal Hocking should finish with 21, the rest of the league will finish with 20 or below. Speaking of the Lancers, they have by far the most games to make up. Fed is currently (8-2) and will be trying to play 11 more games over the next 24 days. If Belpre can finish its schedule, 5 more dates over the next three weeks, I think it is safe to say we can label them the 2020/2021 Covid league champs!

Total games as of Jan. 29th

Belpre - 17
Athens - 15
Vinton County - 15
Wellston - 14
Nelsonville - 14
Southern - 14
Trimble - 13
Alexander - 13
Waterford - 12
South Gallia - 12
Eastern - 11
River Valley - 11
Meigs - 11
Federal Hocking - 10

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m smelling some big move arounds within the top 3, 5 and 10

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:00 pm I’m smelling some big move arounds within the top 3, 5 and 10
... I'll have the Jackson @ Wheelersburg game on the triple screen livestream tonight along with Adena vs Unioto and Warren @ New Philly ... great matchups all around ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pfloyd....Your thoughts on Fairland? We know they are great with a great coach. Beat EB by 1 at home and EB was 1/15? From 3....EB continuing to roll while Fairland quarantined. What if Burg beats Jackson handily? Can EB or Burg pas up Fairland? If not....can LE or Warren fall below?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:14 pm Pfloyd....Your thoughts on Fairland? We know they are great with a great coach. Beat EB by 1 at home and EB was 1/15? From 3....EB continuing to roll while Fairland quarantined. What if Burg beats Jackson handily? Can EB or Burg pas up Fairland? If not....can LE or Warren fall below?
... the Ouija Board will be busy tonight LOL ... but seriously - the Q'season interruptions make it tough to rank teams as you know ... so much easier when teams ACTUALLY PLAY ! the 2 week hiatus from playing is tough - like you said we have an EB team that lost by 1 on the road to Fairland ... EB continues to play and rack up W's while the Dragons sit "holding down the 3rd spot" based on their past resume' ... Fairland has not lost to a SE district team this season - Warren has not lost to a SE district team this season and should they drop one tonight AT New Philly the Warriors will STILL NOT lost to a SE District team this season ... Eastern Brown HAS a path to get by Fairland coming up - as Coach Beucler will be taking EB to the WarriorDome to play Coach Maddox's Warren team next weekend ... Logan Elm's loss to FU is a bad loss imo - FU is NOT of the same caliber of team as Warren,Fairland,EB, Burg, Hillsboro, Waverly, the U, Adena, Jackson ... I'll need to take a close look at the rest of the game results tonight ... draw on what I have seen from the teams in the top 20 to decide where LE lands - it was only a 2 point loss on the road @ FU ... if FU has anything it does have a BIG size advantage on LE - Charlie Bean 6-5/Ryan MaGill 6-5/ and a big inside who looked to be 6-7ish maybe in the Waverly game that I said by the end of the season he will be much improved as a post player ... Andrew Moll maybe 6-0 is back from last season too ... I didn't see much of a bench but we all know what Coach Eversole brings to the table or courtside and in his game preparation ... I don't have the FU roster - it was never posted to see which players from last years' varsity or JV players who opted out this season ... the more I type concerning FU the better they get LOL - MaGill and Bean ARE excellent players - with the quarantines and learning NEW roles for these 2 players to make what FU has work for TEAM - I have been pretty hard on the Falcons ... LE probably fill flops with Warren in the rankings - staying in the top 2 ... but the loss still effects the games that follow - the matchup with Washington on Tuesday has the loss to FU on it's coat tails that will have a say on next weeks rankings as well ... it all plays out on the court over time ...

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

FUs Andrew Moll quit before the season started. They also are missing a few juniors and seniors. They are playing with 3 Seniors and 3 or 4 sophomores.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:38 pm FUs Andrew Moll quit before the season started. They also are missing a few juniors and seniors. They are playing with 3 Seniors and 3 or 4 sophomores.
Thanks Smeltzy !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:39 pm
Smeltzy wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:38 pm FUs Andrew Moll quit before the season started. They also are missing a few juniors and seniors. They are playing with 3 Seniors and 3 or 4 sophomores.
Thanks Smeltzy !
Who is the BIG for FU ? he is an underclassman? Bean & MaGill are keepers LOL

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

He is a sophomore. Ted Harrah..... Huston's brother!!

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Pfloyd.....I really miss being at games and running into you along the way. I just wish my Falcons were a little better this year and in your top 8 as usual.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Smeltzy wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:54 pm Pfloyd.....I really miss being at games and running into you along the way. I just wish my Falcons were a little better this year and in your top 8 as usual.
If Fairfield Union can play like that the rest of the way then they can make a little noise. They have a nice top three with Magill, Bean and Harrah.

Logan Elm plays at Zane Trace Tuesday, pfloyd, assuming ZT is off of quarantine. Supposed to be clear on Monday.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Who won the Warren vs New Philly game?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:16 pm Who won the Warren vs New Philly game?
Watching it right now ... Warren won 56-48

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:34 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:16 pm Who won the Warren vs New Philly game?
Watching it right now ... Warren won 56-48
BBB goes to #1 unless Logan Elm can get a delivery of Pizza Crossing delicacy to pfloyd in time to influence the ouija board by Sunday night.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Pfloyd, is there any chance Eastern can go into Warren and win? Im concerned about three games in 5 nights plus a 3 plus hour bus trip to Warren will be a big obstacle. They are playing well. This game can only help both teams.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

WonderNova wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:06 pm Pfloyd, is there any chance Eastern can go into Warren and win? Im concerned about three games in 5 nights plus a 3 plus hour bus trip to Warren will be a big obstacle. They are playing well. This game can only help both teams.
Beucler teams always have a chance.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm with Hoopie - anytime a Coach Beucler team goes on the floor they have a chance to beat anyone ... I just finished watching Warren beat a BIG, physical, long New Philly team on their home floor - NP was bigger than Warren across the board ... 6-6, 6-3, 6-5, 6-5, 6-5 , 6-2 ... looked like the officiating crew was handpicked as well as they were allowed to play physical - as the BBB's Jake Baumgard took an elbow in the face and was out for the final 13 minutes on the clock ... outstanding effort by the Warriors in enemy territory ... Warren had to adjust night & day from the game last night vs FF to tonight having to put on their big boy pants and get put bodies on bodies to get this one done ... it will be a great game between EB and the BBB ...

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:49 pm I'm with Hoopie - anytime a Coach Beucler team goes on the floor they have a chance to beat anyone ... I just finished watching Warren beat a BIG, physical, long New Philly team on their home floor - NP was bigger than Warren across the board ... 6-6, 6-3, 6-5, 6-5, 6-5 , 6-2 ... looked like the officiating crew was handpicked as well as they were allowed to play physical - as the BBB's Jake Baumgard took an elbow in the face and was out for the final 13 minutes on the clock ... outstanding effort by the Warriors in enemy territory ... Warren had to adjust night & day from the game last night vs FF to tonight having to put on their big boy pants and get put bodies on bodies to get this one done ... it will be a great game between EB and the BBB ...
It was a very physical game tonight...Mr. Sallee has really stepped up his game big time and is starting to control the paint better...New Philly will be a handful for years to come as they started 3 sophomores and first 2 off the bench were sophomores...they are big, quick and physical for underclassmen!

Return to “Boys Basketball”