District Finals…Valley vs Fairfield

art_vandelay
SE

Re: District Finals…Valley vs Fairfield

Post by art_vandelay »

Always gotta win one you shouldn’t have on a tourney run and this could be the one for Valley. Really looking forward to Valley/Western at the Convo, but gonna keep rooting on SOC II.

Also, great to see for Valley after all the people who wrote them off following the offseason transfers. This year and next is their window for a State run...time for them to go out and take it!*

goindians89
Waterboy

Post by goindians89 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:02 am Always gotta win one you shouldn’t have on a tourney run and this could be the one for Valley. Really looking forward to Valley/Western at the Convo, but gonna keep rooting on SOC II.

Also, great to see for Valley after all the people who wrote them off following the offseason transfers. This year and next is their window for a State run...time for them to go out and take it!*
SOC II is the best conference in SEO!! waverly, burg, and valley all winning their districts. minford and south webster were also great this year. that’s a tough top 5! now we get SOC II vs SOC I in the convo?? can’t wait!

goindians89
Waterboy

Post by goindians89 »

don’t like all of the “FF vs 8” stuff. no one in the stripes will ever call the game exactly the way you wanted!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Valley's intensity on defense in the final quarter and half had a lot to do with the way Fairfield played down the stretch. Valley got on a run and they woke up defensively (energized).

I do believe Valley was impatient in their half court offense in the first 2 1/2 quarters. Once they started moving the ball they started getting to the basket vs jacking 3s.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

goindians89 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:04 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:02 am Always gotta win one you shouldn’t have on a tourney run and this could be the one for Valley. Really looking forward to Valley/Western at the Convo, but gonna keep rooting on SOC II.

SOC II is the best conference in SEO!! waverly, burg, and valley all winning their districts. minford and south webster were also great this year. that’s a tough top 5! now we get SOC II vs SOC I in the convo?? can’t wait!
No doubt...I usually not a conference chest-beater, but SOC II was loaded this year. Maybe most deep the conference been since 1998. I rooting for all SOC II teams this coming week*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

It's a shame because Minford and SW could easily be playing at the convo

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Man I just saw the ending….FF had a nice shot at it. Didn’t quite play the drift of momentum and hit back rim

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:03 am It's a shame because Minford and SW could easily be playing at the convo
How so?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I felt both teams were strong enough to be a district champion. It didn't happen but they are as good as some of the others playing at the convo in their respective divisions, imo. I also believe it adds further credence to the strength of the conference this year. All opinion.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:40 pm I felt both teams were strong enough to be a district champion. It didn't happen but they are as good as some of the others playing at the convo in their respective divisions, imo. I also believe it adds further credence to the strength of the conference this year. All opinion.
I agree with you. I mean they were put out by other SOC 2 teams. If bracket would have been setup different, who knows?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Valley and Western earned their berths to the regionals

TVC Hocking didn’t show very worthy

Symmes Valley didn’t show they were the best #3 seed

Fairfield and South Webster we’re better than their seeding, but most everyone knew that.

As is though the word “easily” isn’t the right word saying they’d beat Western, Fairfield and Trimble and advance to regionals.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I didn't mean to imply it would be an easy feat, 92. I merely meant both teams had the talent to get to Athens. Obviously, they had their opportunity but fell short. It doesn't mean they didn't have the talent. You can say the same about FH and Trimble. A different night could have had a different outcome. As far as 8m concerned, valley was darn lucky to advance and I'm a LV guy. Fairland had a solid look at the final shot. Anyway, it's just an opinion so weigh it for what it's worth. Lots of solid teams have been eliminated that could just as easily be at the convo if the ball bounced differently.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:39 am I didn't mean to imply it would be an easy feat, 92. I merely meant both teams had the talent to get to Athens. Obviously, they had their opportunity but fell short. It doesn't mean they didn't have the talent. You can say the same about FH and Trimble. A different night could have had a different outcome. As far as 8m concerned, valley was darn lucky to advance and I'm a LV guy. Fairland had a solid look at the final shot. Anyway, it's just an opinion so weigh it for what it's worth. Lots of solid teams have been eliminated that could just as easily be at the convo if the ball bounced differently.
Who would’ve guessed Wheelersburg easily made it to the regionals?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:03 am
FIDO wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:39 am I didn't mean to imply it would be an easy feat, 92. I merely meant both teams had the talent to get to Athens. Obviously, they had their opportunity but fell short. It doesn't mean they didn't have the talent. You can say the same about FH and Trimble. A different night could have had a different outcome. As far as 8m concerned, valley was darn lucky to advance and I'm a LV guy. Fairland had a solid look at the final shot. Anyway, it's just an opinion so weigh it for what it's worth. Lots of solid teams have been eliminated that could just as easily be at the convo if the ball bounced differently.
Who would’ve guessed Wheelersburg easily made it to the regionals?
Wheelersburg would have been A LOT higher in my own rankings and the seeding had Josh Clark not been hurt for the extended period of time in the middle of the season - he IS such a nice player - has an attitude, has a contagious toughness to his game - he plays like we come to expect from a Burg player - I like him a lot ... Burg had a team that had to "find" itself" as it went through the season ... when you have a quality coach as IS Coach Ater & Co. you will be "ready" for the post season ... AND as it has been from the beginning of time (so it seems) - the goal in every sport (boys or girls) at the Burg is advance in the post season - it's expected , it's part of the "culture" at the Burg ...

Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Post by Big Blue Nation »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:01 am
goindians89 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:04 am

No doubt...I usually not a conference chest-beater, but SOC II was loaded this year. Maybe most deep the conference been since 1998. I rooting for all SOC II teams this coming week*

I agree about the 1998 statement. SOC II was brutal that year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”