Racine Southern 2007-2008

FEZ
Freshman Team

Racine Southern 2007-2008

Post by FEZ »

Any thoughts??????????????

There will be a whole new staff, and some great talent back from last year.

I think the new coach will do great.

Any open gyms? I know that most are playing baseball.

FEZ
Freshman Team

Post by FEZ »

Over 60 people looked at this but no one said anything, so I'll talk to myself :shock:

The team should have a good year, the new coach should be able to get kids excited about basketball again at Southern.

Wes Riffle and Ryan Chapman should have a good season (if they are able to play)

Will the Harris boy play this year with a qualified coach running the program?

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Riffle and Chapman will be ready., Also Weston Roberts and Mike Manuel will make huge impacts as well... theyll be the darkhorse in the league this upcoming season

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Harris is going to play. :-D
Last edited by TornadoMan25 on Mon May 07, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Quote:
Will the Harris boy play this year with a qualified coach running the program?

They had a qualified coach last year. That is just an excuse if a kid doesn't play. Coach Caldwell is no doubt one of the better coaches in SE Ohio. But to say it in that way is a slap in the face to a guy that put his time and effort into that program. Southern had a good team coming up. I do think they under achieved. But look what Wick did with their JV team. They will be a force next year because it was already in place. Having Jeff coach will no doubt be a help but they would of still been good with Coach Stephens.[/quote]

FEZ
Freshman Team

Post by FEZ »

Future- Your right I did say it a little in the wrong way sorry. I think Stephens is a NICE guy. DO I think he was right choice from the begining? NO!! He shouldn't have had that job, there was better qualified canidates for the job when he was hired. How long had he been coaching varsity basketball for again? That would be never before. The only way Stephens would have been good is if he would have stayed for 20 or more years and build Southern basketball again!! Didn't happen!! He all but gave up half way through the year last year.

Wickline was qualified. He has been a coach for years. He loves the game.He may not have ever been a varsity coach before, but he has been around them for years!!

You know it better than most people Future, to coach you have to love to be there and teach kids the game of basketball. I question if Stephens wanted that!!

In most cases I would agree that most of the time that kids do make excuses why they don't play basketball. I can't even say I agree with not playing because of the coach.

I happen to know Harris and his family for many years, and know that he loves to play basketball. There had to be a good reason he didn't play.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

I dont think he'd go and make excuses on why he didnt want to play, he probably just didnt feel like playing, hope to see him come out next season. Really could use a 3 pt. bomber. lol

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I understand what you are saying FEZ, if a kid wants to play, play no excuses! But if for some reason they may not like the coach, in this case Coach Stephens, they should not use that as the way out, the kid should just say I don't feel like playing this year.

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

Just wanted to clear the air a little. I never gave up on those boys. I think most of them will tell you how much I enjoyed being around them, and coaching them. They are an amazing group of young men, who stood by me I might add, when others didnt. I thank them for everything they taught me and all the memories I now have. Dont let the tapps tradition die Chapman! Thanks to everyone in Racine and the coaching community for the two great years! I know Coach Caldwell personally and he will do amazing things with those young men. I cant wait to come to a few games next year and see how much you all grow. Good Luck and GO TORNADOES!

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Hey thanks coach!!! what do you mean keep the tapps tradition up, i believe me and Jesse Dominated you quite a few times! :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: Last season was a lot of fun... and thanks for all your help.

And i think Coach Caldwell will do just fine.. he knows what he is talking about. But how they do in the regular season depends on what they do in the off-season :arrow:

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Coach Caldwell came in and talked to all basketball players this morning... he seems really enthused about the u[p coming season and he reall emphasized how important the off season is with open gyms, shoot outs and weight lifting. I think it will be a good year

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

good luck to you guys this up coming year......ill try and come watch u guys play

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Whats Caldwells first name?

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Jeff Caldwell

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

longball315 wrote:good luck to you guys this up coming year......ill try and come watch u guys play

You better... i know where you live!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

me 2!!!!! :-D

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

RTN-
Coach Caldwell is correct about how important the off season is.

I think you should give up all your other sports and concentrate on basketball immediately. LOL

Good Luck in the districts.

FEZ
Freshman Team

Post by FEZ »

GW- I know it's all in good fun

I think you should give up all your other sports and concentrate on basketball immediately. LOL

But for some people, in the past, there hasn't been a concentration on any sport in the summer. It is a very difficult to manage two or three sports in high school. Some do it very well. Others tend to not go to camps, or not to make it to open gyms, or not even show their face in the summer for anything. I remember a few years ago, there was boy that had a baseball game that night, but he came in and watched open gym for an hour. The kid didn't have to come in and wasn't expected to, but just him being there shows that he cared a little bit.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Not for sure but I think that I remember that kid.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

G W McLintock wrote:RTN-
Coach Caldwell is correct about how important the off season is.

Good Luck in the districts.

LOL thanks GW but i think i might stick to baseball... including legion ball for the next 4 yrs. lol :lol:

Fez, i did that last year, there were some cases where id go to open gym for an hour then go to legion practice, i also missed a few legion games to go to a shoot out. i made time for both sports.

Return to “Boys Basketball”