Benny Ewing at Meigs

classof86
All State

Benny Ewing at Meigs

Post by classof86 »

not sure if I heard this right, Benny Ewing assistant at Eastern last year, now the head coach at meigs

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Yeah, he was hired over several candidates for the Varsity Head Coach spot at Meigs . . congrats and good luck

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Congrats and good luck to coach ewing..really nice guy, liked having him as an assistant here at Belpre a couple years ago..figured he would have a head coaching position before too long.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Congrats and Good Luck!!!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Things have been quiet lately on here about Meigs. Has Coach Ewing gotten settled in? Have any of the boys who supported Coach Abbott refused to come out for the team (hopefully not)? Anyone with info on the Meigs program let's hear how things have been going over the last month with the new coach.

OUbobcat06
Waterboy

Post by OUbobcat06 »

I've been out of the loop. What happened to Coach Abbott? Is he still teaching at Meigs?

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Was the varsity assistant approved by the board last night? He was a pretty good player for Meigs back in the early 90's. I think this will be a good first coaching opportunity for him and a definite asset to the Marauder basketball team.

JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

yes coach abbott is still teaching but coach ewing is establishing that he is here to do things right by working his players

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

FrozenRope9 wrote:Was the varsity assistant approved by the board last night? He was a pretty good player for Meigs back in the early 90's. I think this will be a good first coaching opportunity for him and a definite asset to the Marauder basketball team.

I heard they just about had a war at the board meeting last night :!: It seems one of the board members was dead set against the assistant. I wonder which board member that would be :?: Hmmmm......

fasteach
Varsity

i hope

Post by fasteach »

jms i hope you're right, but rt. 33 looks rocky from here.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

So was he approved or not?

Regardless of what has happened in the past and what your feelings are on what happened to Coach Abbott and his staff, the board needs to let Coach Ewing pick his staff. He knows his players and he knows what kind of style he wants to use. If he's not allowed to put his own assistants in place (like most coaches are), then it will be an awkward situation and one that not many coaches would want to stay in. Coach Ewing is the new coach and everyone needs to just live with it and get over their hard feelings. The good of the student athletes and the basketball program is what should be of most importance importance.

fasteach
Varsity

huh?

Post by fasteach »

frozen rope it sounds like you know more about this than us. can you tell us more?

JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

FrozenRope9 wrote:the good of the student athletes and the basketball program is what should be of most importance importance.
well the board showed they didnt care about that when they got rid of coach abbott but thats over and done with like you said but im not sure who you are talking about when you say people need to live with it? are u talking about the board or just people in general?

JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

Bassmaster wrote:
FrozenRope9 wrote:Was the varsity assistant approved by the board last night? He was a pretty good player for Meigs back in the early 90's. I think this will be a good first coaching opportunity for him and a definite asset to the Marauder basketball team.

I heard they just about had a war at the board meeting last night :!: It seems one of the board members was dead set against the assistant. I wonder which board member that would be :?: Hmmmm......
they did approve him and he is going to be the assistant so thats that....and coach ewing is a good coach and i think it is going to be a good season this year but regardless of our past record and season their has been hardly anyone at the game so hopely we can get meigs county to come out and support!

FEZ
Freshman Team

Post by FEZ »

SO who all is now coaching at Meigs? Did they start from Jr High up?

JMS7MHS
Waterboy

Post by JMS7MHS »

FEZ wrote:SO who all is now coaching at Meigs? Did they start from Jr High up?
benny ewing is head coach.....shawn halley assistant and jordan hill is jv

fasteach
Varsity

tell us

Post by fasteach »

what was the fight about?
will meigs even have a jv team? there is only 10 or so upper class men the rest are 9th graders. no one left on jv.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

JMS7MHS....I wasn't talking about any one specific person. I was just talking about people in general.
fasteach...last year they had a JV team but no freshman team. I could see them cutting the freshman team before they'd cut the JV team. But hopefully they won't have to cut either one of them.
I talked to Coach Hawley on Sunday and he seemed pretty excited to get started with the Marauders.
Go Meigs!

fasteach
Varsity

different times

Post by fasteach »

last year they had 5 jv's and 5 freshmen not enough to make 2 teams but good for 1.
this year they have 11 varsity, 0 jv's and 12-13 freshmen. i do not know what the plans are but to me it makes sense to have a freshmen team and no jv. if you make them play jv they will be playing against kids 2-3 years older and just get crushed, what would be the point?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Those numbers will likely change after football season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”