3morethan2
Varsity

Logan Basketball 2007-2008

Post by 3morethan2 »

How will they do this year

PurplePeopleEater
Waterboy

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

should be ok, they have a full roster of seniors with the addition of neff,adams,Pat angle,mason mays, and possibly the addition of Sophmor Jeff Deitz.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

we should have season around 13-7..ish..
15-5 would be a really good season for us.
i think we will place 2nd in North

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

10-29-07

And so it begins!!

At least for some. It should be a fun year. I am hoping to catch a game or two away from the Reservation. Anyone have their schedule?

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

11/30 @Columbus St Charles
12/01 Bloom Carroll
12/04 WARREN
12/07 ATHENS
12/11 Fairfield Union
12/15 @Newark
12/21 @ZANESVILLE
12/28 @MARIETTA
01/04 @CHILLICOTHE
01/05 New Lexington
01/08 @ATHENS
01/11 Portsmouth
01/18 @Jackson
01/22 ZANESVILLE
01/25 Ironton
01/26 Lancaster
01/29 @MARIETTA
02/01 @Gallia
02/05 @WARREN
02/09 SEOAL D.O.C @ South Division
North Division Games in CAPS

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

How's it looking guys?

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

The chiefs have lost the likes of Wallace, Pompey, and Neff

Pompey just didn't make grades

Wallace will probably play big-time football in college, and is taking the winter off to work out.

Neff doesn't really know what he's doing. This isn't the first time he didn't play a sport to "work" on another. Last year he joined the track team half way thru the season. As a freshman Neff claimed he would not play football because "basketball is my sport" :roll:

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Two of those three are HUGE losses, excuse the pun.

The loss of Wallace is big because, after all, you can coach size. 6-8 285 pound centers dont grow on trees.

Losing Neff is a bigger loss IMO.
Neff is a great athlete who has played on the varsity since he was a freshman. He is a solid scorer and rebounder. The team needs to get on that kid. I dont understand some of the thinking sometimes. Unless you have a legit shot at playing D1 football, why woudnt you play another sport?? It will keep you in shape, and keep you on point. Neff provides a nice option for Logan down low or up top. They need to get him out.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I just read this. Wallace is making a huge mistake. He should play. Lots of 6'5-6'8, 260+ OL around.. Showing you can move and are athletic in BB gives you an edge in recruiting. Not playing makes you just another number and no post season FB success to show. If he looking for a good FB scholly, this is a dumb mistake.

Neff needs his head on straight. Another dumb move. When did they start passing out stupid pills in Logan ??

Have gun, will travel
ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

That's too bad about those three. It was looking to be a much better year for logan. It's looking like Poindexter and Dietz inside?

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

The best thing Wallace could do to prepare for the next level would be to wrestle. that would help with speed, balance and overall athleticism.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Paladin and ole chief ... I agree with both of you, in that either sport would be benefical athletically as well as showing college recruiters that you're more than a big guy.

I thought Neff was a pretty decent player, from what I saw last year. Then again, you never know when it comes to teenagers!

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

D1 4 life I was thinking 11-9 to be honest. What is the scoop on John?
Dietz will do what he can this year but he will be good in the future years. hope you stay healthy and have a great year.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

you can never really tell the reasons they have for playing or not
the team will just have to play with the cards they're dealt
they can be just as successful..just with a different style of play
they will have to do a lot more with transition this year then they did last year with the limited height
i also think that they will do a lot better this year
last year at times they showed A LOT of potential the better the opponent the better they played....they just didn't stay consistent there is still a lot of experience in that locker room and they all know how to play..i expect them to do very well if they can get out in transition and keep fresh legs in the game
Last edited by JMoney on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

See you all on Jan 4, 2008 at the CAVS Gym :!: :-D

I wonder how high the score will be for the CAVS against the Chieftians :?: :shock: :cry: :-D :lol:

Sorry to hear about your ruff and tuff players backing out from playing B-Ball this season. Hmmmm.....must not be important, you know, tradition, honor, school loyalty, etc...etc :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... can't whine about who is playing and who "ain't" - you dance with the players who are out - end of rant ... easy to point at losing a 6-8 player as a negative BUT he was never used in the previous 3 years for any significant minutes by the coaches ... Neff - a very good ball player BUT last year the Purple lost forward Zach Adams to injury so they've played without that size player down low last year ... again this should be the end of the ranting about who isn't playing this season ... the coaching staff needs to coach the deck they have been dealt ... the last 2 years we've heard about we're young and inexperienced - now we're not - the coaching staff played the youngsters for 2 years now ... the Purple STILL have seniors Luke Wright, Matt Poindexter, getting significant minutes last year ... also seeing time in preparing them for this year were seniors Seth Morritz, Mark Potter, Mike Angle ALL were played in preparation of them getting significant minutes this year ... throw in sophomores who last year as freshmen took playing time and got experience - Patrick Angle/Mason Mays ... add to the mix Zack Adams coming back from his knee injury ... bottomline the players seeing the floor for the Chiefs LAST YEAR are those that are on the team THIS YEAR ... should be no excuses from anyone coaching staff to fans ... should be an interesting season for the purple and white to see where LHS fits into the SEOAL picture ... we'll be in the cheap seats as usual supporting the kids ...

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I'll say this. Logan really seems to support their teams WIN OR LOSE!!!! No fair weathered fans in Hocking County. I lived there for a short while and I have never seen so much PURPLE
in my life. Purple cars, houses, leisure suits and the list goes on.

highonthehill
Waterboy

Post by highonthehill »

I'm sure Neff just isn't playing!I bet if you sat him down and talked to him he woudl tell you many reasons as to why he isn't playing!Yea, its a big loss for the program and the kid is making a decision that he thinks is correct, he will find out in the future if its not!Good Luck

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

Army wrote:See you all on Jan 4, 2008 at the CAVS Gym :!: :-D

I wonder how high the score will be for the CAVS against the Chieftians :?: :shock: :cry: :-D :lol:

Sorry to hear about your ruff and tuff players backing out from playing B-Ball this season. Hmmmm.....must not be important, you know, tradition, honor, school loyalty, etc...etc :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why do you have to run your mouth about Logan. i am going to laugh when we come down there and beat the hell out of you guys.

Army
S

Post by Army »

5kdude wrote:
Army wrote:See you all on Jan 4, 2008 at the CAVS Gym :!: :-D

why do you have to run your mouth about Logan. i am going to laugh when we come down there and beat the hell out of you guys.

I wonder what the final B-Ball score will be. The 2nd and 3rd string for Chilli should get a lot of playing time that night. Who knows, maybe even break over a 100 points on you all. Hey make sure you all bring 2old, paladin and locos with you so they can see that history being made. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”