belpre will not be able to handle the fort

GOOD BETTER BEST

Never let it rest
until your GOOD is BETTER
and you BETTER is BEST
beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

From the sounds of the scrimmage (Belpre/Waterford)...Belpre needs a little discipline..and needs to play as a team. its great to have a bunch of talent..but if you're not playing together and for the team its not going to do anyone any good, and will lead to a LONG, extremely frustrating season for everyone.

Can anyone that was at the scrimmage comment on it, or PM me with your thoughts if you dont wanna post them on here...I'd really like to see what some Waterford SEOP'ers thought of Belpre...or even some guys from the Fort if there were any there.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

this is what i got from the scrimmage from belpre....

they have all the talent in the world, they got slashers, tate and lynch can drive when he wants to, they got hustlers, the kid who gets all the loose balls in loyland and lopreste a great defender in logue and once lynch got mad he was a beast on defense...refs called some fouls on him that shouldnt of been fouls, but ohh well its a scrimmage and 2 great post players in pfalzgraf and sims, pfalzgraf out played cunningham...this is what it seemed like to me....Belpre won the first game 10-6 or something like that and were playing good, then in the second game they looked like a whole other team, losing something like 20-12. Lynch got down on himself because he wasnt hitting the shots he thought he should hit i guess, but they were tough shots, Tate actually asked to come out of the game one time, and azar took his shoes off on the bench...it seems like once lynch got down, the whole team got down, lynch also got a technical in a scrimmage...not good, he needs to keep his emotions to himself, as does azar, tate, sims and even loyland at times. Offensively, belpre was playing too much 1 on 1 and didnt appear to have a set offense. Defensively, i thought belpre handled a much stronger and more physical waterford team very well, they do pay very well team defense, talk alot on defense and rebound good. It also looked like a bunch of bickering between players from belpre. They didnt look good at all. All i can say is Eric Lynch, you are a great shooter everyone knows it, you just have to let the game come to you, and when you arent hitting get it inside to pfalzgraf and sims, but when you are hitting, man are you hitting. You also have to lead, you are a senior, everyone is looking at you for advice, and what to do, you are the leader, once you get down, everyone gets down, so just keep your head up. Reggie Sims, keep your head, you are the most talented player on the team, i do not want to see you playing JV again, if you miss a shot, so what, everyone misses shots, keep your head up.

If this belpre team comes together and plays together as a team and learns a set offense, they will be tough for anyone to beat.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

at the fort...im saying fort frye by 10

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Prodigy I couldnt have said it any better myself and I've been watching almost all of these kids and even helping coach some of them since they started little league in 3rd grade. If they play together and within themselves and keep their heads...they will be a VERY tough team to beat.

As far as the offense, I have heard from people in Belpre and read on another site similar to this one that they have no offensive sets...which IMO is ridiculous...

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Mr.Clutch42
Waterboy

Post by Mr.Clutch42 »

belpre does not play an offensive game. they dont use their height or their speed at all. when things dont go they're way they start fighting with them selves.

GOOD BETTER BEST

Never let it rest
until your GOOD is BETTER
and you BETTER is BEST
the future
Waterboy

Post by the future »

I say the eagles win a hard fought battle at the fort 60 57

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I will be rooting for the Eagles, but I will go with the Fort in this one. Belpre hasnt got it together yet. From missing easy layups in athens to the bickering. They are not ready for the season to begin, but the Fort will be. If they play later in the year maybe a different outcome. Belpre has to get used to thier "new" team, sounds to me someone needs to step up and be the leader. Good luck to both teams.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Mr.Clutch42 wrote:belpre does not play an offensive game. they dont use their height or their speed at all. when things dont go they're way they start fighting with them selves.

Haven't seen the kids fighting with each other. Thats not a fact. This new system will take some time but believe this come March they'll not be a team in the Southeast District that will "WANT" to play Belpre. They are young and talented will improve as the season goes on. Coach Plummer was on the staff in 1997 when a 8-12 Belpre team advanced to Columbus. So I don't see the kids because of the youth factor or the staff "throwing in the towel" because they don't look like State Champs in November.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

i saw Belpres players arguing in the scrimmage at waterford, if they wanna win, they cant be bickering and arguing, they need to be a team.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Left the game with a few minutes left and Belpre was down by about 15. It was an ugly game. Belpre did not look good at all. They really do not seem to run an offense consistently. Phalzgraph was tough for FF to stop in the 2nd half (when they finally got the ball to him). FF was the better team by far tonight, but even at that they did not look real strong inside. FF could be decent, but it may be a loooooong year for Belpre.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

If Belpre doesn't run an offense it will be a long year, you need to have some plays for lynch to get an open look, he didnt have any open looks tonight, cuz no one is screening or anything. Also, they definetely need to get the ball to Pfalzgraf more, he was a beast inside, i think he had something like 13 points and 13 boards. He could of had about 20 points if he made his foul shots. Jarrod Arnold from Fort Frye was a beast tonight, he had 22 points, 16 in the first half. All of fort fryes players can shoot the ball consistently. Once again, is belpre continues to not run an offense, they will have a long season, you have to have set plays. Congratulations to Fort Frye, you were the better team tonight, no excuses here. Belpre, keep your head up and bounce back next week at federal hocking.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Also, Fort Frye is a very good team, they play very well together. Belpre got out coached tonight, which is understandable. Belpre came out soft and got down at first, and its very hard to come back at fort frye. I thought Belpre played solid defense after the first quarter, holding Fort Frye to 52 points on there homecourt is very good.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... final score in this one ???

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

pfloyd wrote:... final score in this one ???

FF - 52
Belpre - 36

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Prodigy wrote:If Belpre doesn't run an offense it will be a long year, you need to have some plays for lynch to get an open look, he didnt have any open looks tonight, cuz no one is screening or anything. Also, they definetely need to get the ball to Pfalzgraf more, he was a beast inside, i think he had something like 13 points and 13 boards. He could of had about 20 points if he made his foul shots. Jarrod Arnold from Fort Frye was a beast tonight, he had 22 points, 16 in the first half. All of fort fryes players can shoot the ball consistently. Once again, is belpre continues to not run an offense, they will have a long season, you have to have set plays. Congratulations to Fort Frye, you were the better team tonight, no excuses here. Belpre, keep your head up and bounce back next week at federal hocking.

For one thing Micah needs to have some plays set for him to get open inside and not be out on the perimeter shooting three pointers,where he was in the 1st half.. This mornings paper Coach Plummer said he has been preaching teamwork to the kids.Well he needs to be teaching offensive sets so they can get the ball to Micah and the other good shooters for better shots. These kids have been playing together for years ,they know how to play as a team,they need some coaching as to how to run an offense. I have no idea what was going on at the start of the 4th quarter with the constant subbing of 3 or 4 players but that didn't work. What was the purpose?

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

im pretty sure Coach Plummer was subbing offense for defense, that was the only reasoning i could think of, but alot of the kids werent happy about it. I agree with eaglepapaw, they need to have SET plays and Micah doesnt need to be shooting threes, lynch and tate needs to be shooting threes.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Prodigy wrote'
m pretty sure Coach Plummer was subbing offense for defense, that was the only reasoning i could think of, but alot of the kids werent happy about it.

I always thought your offensive players turned into defensive players in basketball, I have never seen them subbed in and out for every change of possesion like football.

Return to “Boys Basketball”