Cavs vs The Haven

chilltown
JV Team

Cavs vs The Haven

Post by chilltown »

End of 1st quarter.......

Cavs up 21-10.... . Chambers two handed flush.....

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

At the Half

Cavs 38-29....

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

End of 3rd

Cavs ......51-45

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Headed to OT .....

65 All...... Caleb fouled out .....Cavs had 2 shots at end and missed

Brookhaven has never led

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Cavs lose

73-68.....

Chambers had 29

Humpty had 14....only 2 in double figures

Cavs undone by miserable 5/17 shooting in the 4th......

Heads up Cavs not a bad loss.....

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

chillicothe should beat that team by 15 pts. besides Ray Chambers the rest of the cavs didnt play well at all. Knights and Hitchens got off to great starts but then foul trouble saddled Knights and Humpty just didnt have it tonight. couldnt hit sand if he fell off a camel. just another slow start for Chilli. lets right hte ship a little quicker this year.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

DShanton- I was just about to post the same thing. It is a bad loss for a couple reasons, but the biggest is that it was a home game.

The Cavs will be alright for sure, but need to pick it up rather quickly.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... how much did the Cavs miss the leadership/maturity of Chris Givens on the floor in this one ???

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

pfloyd wrote:... how much did the Cavs miss the leadership/maturity of Chris Givens on the floor in this one ???

I wasn't at the game pflloyd, but IMO I think that Humpty will take the leadership of the hardwood for Chilli. I think that he and Chris were pretty equal leaders last year now that I think about it.

GO CAVS!!

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

I don't know chillout, the Cavs needed someone to take over late in the game and lead them and no one stepped up. Hitchens started out the game on fire, but seemed to lose focus as the game went on. Chillicothe will be fine as long as they can find someone to handle the ball in situations like last night.

Does anyone know where Brookhaven's Chris Johnson is going to school?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chillicothe just couldn't handle Johnson and Watkins. Johnson drilles 4-3-points

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

chill/ haven

Post by tropicalbreeze »

There will be a time of adjustment with out Givens. Patience will be the key. The schedule will be brutal, but I think to the Cav's advantage!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Daisy wrote:I don't know chillout, the Cavs needed someone to take over late in the game and lead them and no one stepped up. Hitchens started out the game on fire, but seemed to lose focus as the game went on. Chillicothe will be fine as long as they can find someone to handle the ball in situations like last night.

Does anyone know where Brookhaven's Chris Johnson is going to school?

It is my understanding that Johnson is going to Dayton

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Leadership isn't bestowed, it is earned.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

hitchens is a leader in the aspect of getting his team fired up to play, but has to learn a sense of calm and develop some poise late in tight games that he can rub off on his teammates. he did exactly that in the tournament last year which was the main reason Chilli made it as far as they did. but he has a bad habit of when he goes cold he goes ice cold and i think he struggles getting his own mind frame right let alone that of his teammates when he gets in that situation. hopefully it will grow as he realizes the roll he has to play as a leader as the season goes on.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

chill/haven

Post by tropicalbreeze »

IMO, that it was more Givens leadership and toughness last year in the tourney. Hitchens provided the flash, but Givens (and Chambers) provided the toughness. It'll come, as I said Patience!

tabletop
Waterboy

Post by tabletop »

Givens is gone. This is a new day. The Cavs will be fine. They will continue to jell as a team as time moves on. GO CAVS!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chillicothe had a 5 point lead with 1:50 remaining, possession of the ball, and were in the double bonus.....they should have pulled the ball out.

Nothing has changed my mind about the Cavaliers. They are my pick to win the SEOAL and the Athens regional.

Ray Chambers was a shining star for CHS, while Chris Johnson had a great game for Brookhaven.

If the Cavaliers get in that same situation against a good team, especially in the tournament, pull the ball out. I saw Cincinnati Forest Park make the same mistake against Portsmouth, with the exact same lead and time remaining, in the Dayton Regional Final in 1988....and it cost them the game and a trip to the state.....and the Trojans went on to win the state title.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

trojan, it was almost a teaser, we saw how dominant chillicothe could be in the first quarter and then we saw what they look like when the wheels fall off. its almost a moral victory that they played so horribly for the last 3 quarters against a quality opponent and somehow maintained the lead until the final seconds. but they have got to feel like they gave this game away and it cant continue to happen.

Return to “Boys Basketball”