Fort Frye (1-0) vs. Warren local (1-0) on 12-01-07

Clover
Waterboy

Fort Frye (1-0) vs. Warren local (1-0) on 12-01-07

Post by Clover »

Washington County rivalry game this Saturday at Warren with the Cadets of Fort Frye should be a good one to watch. The Cadets are always aggressive and of course well coached. The Warriors are probably more physical and will have a deeper bench that should tip the scales in there favor. Good Luck to the Warren Seniors, make every game count and enjoy every moment. You only get to play High School ball for a short time.

Play Hard and Have Fun Guys.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Warren wins this one. They are a very athletic team and playing at home would be surprised if The Fort pulls this one out. The Warriors, IMHO, are the best team in Washinnton Co, by a landslide.

hoopball
Waterboy

Post by hoopball »

I will take Warren by +6 in this one at home ... at the Fort ... who knows ? Without Mason Lang the Cadets will be hurting on this one. Call is to much for Thompson to handle, and with Lemon and Hooper applying pressure on the front court ... Cadet gaurds are going to have a long night.

Clover
Waterboy

Post by Clover »

Hoopball,

I would like to see the same intensity the Warriors brought last week against Morgan. If the Warren boys can duplicate that they should come away with the Win. Every player in the Warren lineup is capable of bringing something special to the floor. The bench is full of players who could start on any given night. With so many players that can play, I hope they keep a positive attitude and use that attitude to carry them through the long season and tournament play. Our coaches can only play 5 guys at a time.

Good Luck Guys, Play Hard and Have Fun.

Hooper, Horner, Majoy, Call, Lemon, Hunter, Washington, Hebb, Anderson, Brown, Hoon, Fivecoait and Ellenwood.

hoopball
Waterboy

Post by hoopball »

I hope to see more intensity Sat. night than at Morgan .. they played without focus or any offensive sets. Tho only offense they ran .. was inbound plays. The defence looked good .. but could be better .. there was no pressure on the ball upcourt ... or very minimal. I have no idea why they didnt come out in the 3rd quarter ... press and put the game away... this lack of reasoning cost them games last year. GO BLUE !!!

Clover
Waterboy

Post by Clover »

Saturday should be a good day to come out and watch some Warrior basketball. The scheduled events are as follows:

Freshman Basketball VS Zanesville 10:00AM HOME

JV Basketball VS Fort Frye 6:30PM HOME

Varsity Basketball VS Fort Frye 8:00PM HOME

Hey hoopball, I too would like see a little more pressure on the ball upcourt. Maybe we'll get see some of that Saturday along with some full court pressure.........Go Warriors!

Mr.Clutch42
Waterboy

Post by Mr.Clutch42 »

good luck to the warren warriors

GOOD BETTER BEST

Never let it rest
until your GOOD is BETTER
and you BETTER is BEST
Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Good Luck Warriors, take it to the Fort.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

i say warriors win this one...

Warren 56
Fort Frye 49

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

prodigy, ill say you are pretty close but I think Warren will win by 12 or so. ill say 66-54.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Does anybody know if this game is on the radio?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Heard that Warren was behind late in the 4th

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the silence from Warren Local posters is deafening ... do we take this as a FF dances in the WarriorDome tonight ????

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Warren comes from 14 back at the start of the 4th period. Steven Hunter hits a big 3 with 10 seconds left, Warren wins 50-49.

Kudos to FF, they have a nice ballclub.

And, Lets Go Mountaineers!!!!!!!

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

runhallerun, youur mountaineers didnt do so well

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

prodigy - I am a huge WVU fan tonight - My Buckeyes are off to the Big Easy!

hoopball
Waterboy

Post by hoopball »

My take on the game ... Thieman hurt us as much as anybody.. hittin the 3's from the corners .. with nobody in his face ! and he wasnt screened or picked for the open looks .. there was no defence ! For the first 3 quarters of the game there was no rebounding. Majoy looked good and penetrated well , Horner looked antsy, and forced some shots ..Hooper worked hard on screens and picks ..but never got the ball back to shoot when he was open.. Call finally showed up to play in the second half ( foul troubles ) Hunter and Lemon played thier normal game. Warren was outcoached again .. and until they decide to incorporate a offence to go with thier speed and strentgh .. there will be a bunch of close games.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

man what a score :!:

Mr.Clutch42
Waterboy

Post by Mr.Clutch42 »

congrats to the warriors in a close one

GOOD BETTER BEST

Never let it rest
until your GOOD is BETTER
and you BETTER is BEST